Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
John

Tom Console, Win-More Express

It's up for bid on ebay. who already has it and is it profitable.

I would appreciate your comments.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
It's up for bid on ebay. who already has it and is it profitable.

I would appreciate your comments.

I have it. Save your money. Console has some decent things out there. This isn't one of them, in my opinion.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
I have it. Save your money. Console has some decent things out there. This isn't one of them, in my opinion.
Thanks Dartman,

I went to RPM and read the $158.00 flier. It read like it was an all new PACE concept that Tom Console called " PACE ACE " I wonder if ir is any better than Console'e " From The Gate." or are they the same.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
jwel14

Have the win-more express.
Tried it at Aqueduct April 3, 2011.
The winners of the first 4 races were:
1:2
2:4
3:3
4:2
In race 1 Win More had the following:
2y
3y
Race 2:
2y
3y
4y-1
Race 3:
1y
3y
2y-1
Race 4:
2y
7y
3y-1
6y-2
So, was able to get both Pick 3's by playing the y and y-1 horses.
The y are yes horses. The y-1 and y-2 are some kind of longshot method. The literature doesn't say how to play those.
jwel14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwel14
Have the win-more express.
Tried it at Aqueduct April 3, 2011.
The winners of the first 4 races were:
1:2
2:4
3:3
4:2
In race 1 Win More had the following:
2y
3y
Race 2:
2y
3y
4y-1
Race 3:
1y
3y
2y-1
Race 4:
2y
7y
3y-1
6y-2
So, was able to get both Pick 3's by playing the y and y-1 horses.
The y are yes horses. The y-1 and y-2 are some kind of longshot method. The literature doesn't say how to play those.
Do you use this software everyday? And is it profitable over a week or a month? The reason I ask, is that I have 100 or more pieces of software that I have collected over the years, and tested. Most, not all, can be profitable on any given day, or days. Most, not all, will lose money over the long haul. On Jan, 8th I posted picks from one of my programs, in the selections section, for AQU, CT, GP and TAM. It hit 8 of 9 @ AQU, but 1 of 4 @ CT(rest of card canceled), 0 of 10 @ GP and 3 of 10 @ TAM. If you only played AQU that day, you think you've found the holy grail. If you only played GP, that day, the program goes in the trash. That's just the way it goes with software programs.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #6
dartman51

If you look at the results from the day before, on Saturday, you'll find the program had 3 winners from the TOP 2 y horses, out of 10 races and they paid $5.50, $5.00 and $4.80. Tough way to try to make money.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:34 AM   #7
John

Is there a way that you Guys can sniff out the winners and avoid the losers.

dartman1, picked 3 winers. Prices looked like favorites. maybe that is the way to go Y's that are favorite. Just my opinion.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
jwel14

But, if you throw away the program if the first day shows a loser. Look what could have happened with me.
Satuday, no winning pick 3s.
So, it goes in the trash. But, look what happened on Sunday.
Got the first 2 picks 3s. Money made on $1.00 pick 3s. OVER $700.00.
Not saying to buy it or any other program. Just that doubt if any program will show a profit all the time. It's what counts over time anyway.
What's frustrating is I got Win More and Snap cap Pro. It's common for each to have different,"picks".
Some days Win More does better. Other days Snap Cap.
Just started using it. Tried a few times just checking it out. While waiting for a close OTB site to open up. Lost my other one after Christmas.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
jwel14

Will add that I have a software that hasn't done good for me. But, someone commented that he has had good luck with it.
I look at them as a tool to use as a starting point.
Have noticed that sometimes the favorite has low ratings. But, is the highest class horse wins. So, play it or leave it out?
Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
John

Quote:
Will add that I have a software that hasn't done good for me. But, someone commented that he has had good luck with it.
Have noticed that sometimes the favorite has low ratings. But, is the highest class horse wins. So, play it or leave it out?
funny huh, if you could only play in between the rain drops.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #11
dartman51

Quote:
jwel14, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to belittle the success that you have had with the program. I think that it is great that you hit the 2 pick 3's. I'm just saying that anyone using a new software, should proceed with caution. Any software that I give an opinion on, has been tested on a minimum of 5 tracks continuous over a minimum of 3 months. I have yet to find ANY program that is a mechanical system, meaning, NO ADJUSTMENTS, that spits out selections, that EVERYONE will get the same horse, that is profitable over time. Not saying that there is none, just saying that I haven't seen it. Most programs like that, treat all tracks the same, whether it be AQU or BEU, TURF, DIRT or ALL WEATHER. That is a losing proposition.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:39 PM   #12
jwel14

Agree on the spit out selections for everyone. But, even Tom says in his shap cap pro. That there will be people that find things that he misses. The best way to use any software is to first practice. Bris is only a dollar a card. Study it, learn from it.
People are different. And, we will always get different results. Don't play on Sundays as a rule. Did this time because not having an OTB for several months.
If a person wants a win everyday black box. It doesn't exist.
Even working for someone else isn't a lifetime guarantee.
The best horses don't always win.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #13
Sparky13

Quote:
Do you use this software everyday? And is it profitable over a week or a month? The reason I ask, is that I have 100 or more pieces of software that I have collected over the years, and tested. Most, not all, can be profitable on any given day, or days. Most, not all, will lose money over the long haul. On Jan, 8th I posted picks from one of my programs, in the selections section, for AQU, CT, GP and TAM. It hit 8 of 9 @ AQU, but 1 of 4 @ CT(rest of card canceled), 0 of 10 @ GP and 3 of 10 @ TAM. If you only played AQU that day, you think you've found the holy grail. If you only played GP, that day, the program goes in the trash. That's just the way it goes with software programs.
In your collection of software programs, do you have a copy of a program called "Clutch's Method" or a copy of the DOS version of "Ray Talbout's Pace Calculator"?
Sparky13 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #14
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky13
In your collection of software programs, do you have a copy of a program called "Clutch's Method" or a copy of the DOS version of "Ray Talbout's Pace Calculator"?
Yes, I have George Clutch's software. It's all manual input. The version of Pace Calculator that I have is v1.0. Someone said it is the DOS version, but I have it running on a Quad Core, 64 bit OS with no problems.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #15
Sparky13

Quote:
Yes, I have George Clutch's software. It's all manual input. The version of Pace Calculator that I have is v1.0. Someone said it is the DOS version, but I have it running on a Quad Core, 64 bit OS with no problems.
I had the Clutch's Software several years ago, but lost the disk. The gentleman who wrote the program for the Clutch Method came out with something similar called "Wired4Speed". I use it with moderate success, but have always felt the Clutch Method was better. Any interest in selling your copy of the Clutch Method or the Pace Calculator?
Sparky13 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply