Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-22-2023, 11:31 AM   #1
Sheffwed

Santa Anita Stewards

what gives with these guys?

the sport in SoCal really is a disaster even while Del Mar is a great day out, SA is largely a bullring (other than the wonderful Downhill Turf course and even if SA itself is gorgeous), with not enough horses and of course Bob and friends

I don't understand the decisions they make, how could they DQ the 7 in the 10th race on Saturday?

This goes back at least to Bayern and the Breeders Cup, perhaps the one time I ever agreed with Bill Finley

https://www.espn.com/horse-racing/st...n-disqualified

I actually don't think the sport needs federal oversight, rather the sport should self regulate and create its own body who can regulate top jurisdictions and set some minimum standards for tracks, not only on DQ policy, also on drugs/safety/self-policing - HISA might need work (understatement), but it is a start - now who will certify racetracks to a minimum standard and help set consistent policy?

the status quo is not sustainable - again, I'd look East to how this works already, HK, Japan, Singapore, they don't have these issues
Sheffwed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2023, 09:09 AM   #2
HPFridays

I didn't think that was the right decision to take down the 7 either. To me, it looked like the two horses behind him were veering into each other and the 7 got all the blame. One of the weaker DQ's that I've seen in awhile.
HPFridays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply