Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-17-2023, 11:58 AM   #16
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracksideTalk View Post
I feel bad for Vic and wish him all the best.
Ever since his tweet that got him canned (unjustly) he’s been in a downward spiral.
His concept of LGR was great he just chose the wrong trainer.
The problems with Diodoro had nothing to do with my decision.

Yes, it's true I've been on a downward spiral.

There are very few things in the world more humiliating than being fired.

It's taken all the fight out of me.

I think LGR could have been GREAT fun.

But it started to feel too much like work.

I considered So. Cal but as CJ correctly pointed out. It would be tough for me to say with a straight face that it would be fun.

I would have had to make tough decisions regarding Robertino, however my inclination would have been to retain him.

Sanctions are part of any sport when there's such a fine line between competitive edge and rule breaking.

There are many trainers out there who are thriving with owners who are the elite of the industry that haven't been dropped. The biggest names.

I like and respect Robertino. He works very hard and his success is undeniable.

But that's all moot now.

The thought of fighting those battles, or any battles, for that matter is simply too daunting. My will to fight is gone.

There have been many people on this site that have been extremely nice and supportive of me. Some not so much. But hey, it's the internet and I've always known that.

Thanks to each and every one of you. I wish you nothing but the best going forward. See you here, on twitter and most importantly in the biggest cash money tournaments.

VJS
Old 05-17-2023, 12:00 PM   #17
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
What happens to the money that people put in?
No funds have been sent in. All would have been collected on Sept 15.
Old 05-17-2023, 12:54 PM   #18
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post

I considered So. Cal but as CJ correctly pointed out. It would be tough for me to say with a straight face that it would be fun.

I would have had to make tough decisions regarding Robertino, however my inclination would have been to retain him.

Sanctions are part of any sport when there's such a fine line between competitive edge and rule breaking.

There are many trainers out there who are thriving with owners who are the elite of the industry that haven't been dropped. The biggest names.

But that's all moot now.

The thought of fighting those battles, or any battles, for that matter is simply too daunting. My will to fight is gone.

There have been many people on this site that have been extremely nice and supportive of me. Some not so much. But hey, it's the internet and I've always known that.

Thanks to each and every one of you. I wish you nothing but the best going forward. See you here, on twitter and most importantly in the biggest cash money tournaments.

VJS
Be proud of who you are and what you've done. Your considerable accomplishments and unique legacy define you. Not Oaklawn management, not any internet troll, and CERTAINLY not some momentary social media lapse on your own part.

You are still Vic Stauffer, and that says enough. And know this, my valued friend: sooner or later, in some form or other, life fires us all.

Last edited by mountainman; 05-17-2023 at 01:00 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2023, 01:06 PM   #19
Inner Dirt

Good luck on your next endeavor, Vic.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2023, 01:56 PM   #20
RayT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post

But that's all moot now.

VJS
Take a vacation. Just like a horse a refreshing does wonders.
RayT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2023, 02:12 PM   #21
VeryOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Be proud of who you are and what you've done. Your considerable accomplishments and unique legacy define you. Not Oaklawn management, not any internet troll, and CERTAINLY not some momentary social media lapse on your own part.

You are still Vic Stauffer, and that says enough. And know this, my valued friend: sooner or later, in some form or other, life fires us all.
Testify mountainman. I'm not being sarcastic - I don't know Vic and probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup if my life depended on it. But I sure as hell have no interest in piling in the guy when he's down.
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2023, 07:50 PM   #22
Michael

This link was posted in Vic's other thread that was locked and routed to this thread.

https://paulickreport.com/news/the-b...co2-violation/

Not to get too technical but Ray Paulick's understanding of lactic acid build up is very very misinformed. Ultimately It's (H+) Hydrogen ions that lead to what he's calling muscle fatigue. If anything lactic acid is taking away from the fatigue. ATP (Adenosine triphosphate ) hydrolyzes (water & magnesium dependent) and turns into "Adenosine Di phosphate" and leaves behind a Hydrogen Ion. That is what makes the blood acidic. (Creatine will recycle the ADP and turn it back into ATP)

Natalie Voss's article is even worse!
https://paulickreport.com/news/ray-s...l-tco2-anyway/

I guess what bothers me... is even the director at the end of Natalie's paper lacks an understanding of what's actually going on.

No wonder everyone's cheating. So what mops up these excess hydrogen ions?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2023, 09:10 PM   #23
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
This link was posted in Vic's other thread that was locked and routed to this thread.

https://paulickreport.com/news/the-b...co2-violation/

Not to get too technical but Ray Paulick's understanding of lactic acid build up is very very misinformed. Ultimately It's (H+) Hydrogen ions that lead to what he's calling muscle fatigue. If anything lactic acid is taking away from the fatigue. ATP (Adenosine triphosphate ) hydrolyzes (water & magnesium dependent) and turns into "Adenosine Di phosphate" and leaves behind a Hydrogen Ion. That is what makes the blood acidic. (Creatine will recycle the ADP and turn it back into ATP)

Natalie Voss's article is even worse!
https://paulickreport.com/news/ray-s...l-tco2-anyway/

I guess what bothers me... is even the director at the end of Natalie's paper lacks an understanding of what's actually going on.

No wonder everyone's cheating. So what mops up these excess hydrogen ions?
I’d be interested in hearing about the response you received after submitting this same very detailed information to both Ray Paulick and Natalie Voss.
Nitro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2023, 10:18 PM   #24
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayT View Post
Take a vacation. Just like a horse a refreshing does wonders.
A day later Vic was already talking about doing other things in horse racing.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2023, 10:36 PM   #25
Cutter14

Vic you have always been 1 of my favorite race callers-Oaklawn will never seen one more penny from me-They should be ashamed for what they did to you-I'm sure whatever path you take you will be fine--good luck

Last edited by Cutter14; 05-18-2023 at 10:38 PM.
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2023, 11:23 PM   #26
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
A day later Vic was already talking about doing other things in horse racing.

Everyone has the right to change their mind.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2023, 12:59 AM   #27
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Everyone has the right to change their mind.
That wasn't a knock at all, of course he does. I actually took it as a good thing because he seemed really down the other day.

Last edited by cj; 05-19-2023 at 01:01 AM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2023, 06:54 PM   #28
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

There comes a time in your life that you have nothing to prove to anybody, You have heard all the stories and have lived your life dedicated to what you love!
Time to take time for yourself and not have the pressure of the life once lived!
I myself have always liked you calling the races!
Loved when I was lucky enough to have one win as you called the race!
Best of luck to you Vic!!
You made it!!
Those last words are from a post you made to me about a horse a few years back!!
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2023, 07:04 PM   #29
hotz

Vic, you have come a long way in racing. I still remember seeing you pull up to the mutuel windows with your bicycle at the original gulfstream park in the 90's to place your bets before heading up to the announcers booth for the day.
hotz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2023, 11:21 AM   #30
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotz View Post
Vic, you have come a long way in racing. I still remember seeing you pull up to the mutuel windows with your bicycle at the original gulfstream park in the 90's to place your bets before heading up to the announcers booth for the day.
Hotz

Thanks for the kind words. My first year as the GP announcer was 2000.

I think you might be confusing me with Ross Morton who called the races there prior to Tom Durkin.

Ross (RIP) was a very fit guy who loved to play tennis and would at times ride his bike to work.

Anyway, welcome to PA.

VJS

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: