Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-15-2023, 07:39 PM   #16
the little guy

There are so many things to love about internet message boards, but little more than the usual people with absolutely no information offering their completely uneducated opinions about what they think we WILL do in the future. Not only is it worthless, it’s almost always universally wrong.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 08:05 PM   #17
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
There are so many things to love about internet message boards, but little more than the usual people with absolutely no information offering their completely uneducated opinions about what they think we WILL do in the future. Not only is it worthless, it’s almost always universally wrong.
So you are 100% sure that even if there is demand for occasional synth races from owners/trainers during the spring/summer/fall as they learn their horses prefer it and assuming the economics are OK, NYRA is not going to run synth races except during the winter and off the turf?

Somehow, I think demand and economics are likely to win, but I'd prefer you are right.

I can tell you with 100% certainly that if a horse I own a piece of wins a synth race in winter or off the turf and looks good doing it, the first thing I'm going to do is ask the trainer about is synth races in the spring/summer/fall. I can't be the only one with common sense.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-15-2023 at 08:15 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 08:27 PM   #18
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Jessica is sounding better every day.
But the takeout rates...
Old 03-15-2023, 08:27 PM   #19
Cutter14

I happen to love Belmont the way it is--I'm not opposed to change but if it is not broken why fix it--can someone tell me what's wrong with the racing that goes on at Belmont as it is
Cutter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 08:28 PM   #20
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutter14 View Post
I happen to love Belmont the way it is--I'm not opposed to change but if it is not broken why fix it--can someone tell me what's wrong with the racing that goes on at Belmont as it is
What is being changed other than trying to keep larger field sizes if races get rained off the turf? Are you opposed to larger fields?
Old 03-15-2023, 08:32 PM   #21
Cutter14

Quote:
What is being changed other than trying to keep larger field sizes if races get rained off the turf? Are you opposed to larger fields?
I am not opposed to larger fields and I'm not able to predict the future like so many here but I will be willing to bet that this new surface will NOT be used for strictly off the turf races all the time
Old 03-15-2023, 08:39 PM   #22
Johnny V

I don't like the idea of any synthetic tracks and I avoid betting on all synthetic surface tracks.
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 09:02 PM   #23
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny V View Post
I don't like the idea of any synthetic tracks and I avoid betting on all synthetic surface tracks.
I'm the same, but this is not quite that.

As I said earlier, adding an extra surface means more surface switches, potentially tougher bias determination, and tougher figure making. Some people might like the added complexity. I'm not among them.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:06 PM   #24
the little guy

Quote:
I am not opposed to larger fields and I'm not able to predict the future like so many here but I will be willing to bet that this new surface will NOT be used for strictly off the turf races all the time
Nobody said it would be. It’s going to be used along with dirt in the Winter.

Or are you predicting the future despite what you said?
Old 03-15-2023, 09:19 PM   #25
Cutter14

Quote:
Nobody said it would be. It’s going to be used along with dirt in the Winter.

Or are you predicting the future despite what you said?
no I'm not predicting the future--are they doing this in the hopes of keeping some of the bigger stables here year round?
Old 03-15-2023, 09:27 PM   #26
Profesor

Synthetic tracks and NYRA

Hopefully the people who run NYRA will come to their senses and scrap the plan for a fake track,but if they go ahead and install one I hope they only use it for off the turf races, if they go the Gulfstream route and card races on Tapeta they will ruin the best circuit in the country,the championship meet at Gulfstream is now known as The ChampionSHIT meet and handle has been down 20 to 30% since they started to card races on Tapeta
The majority of horseplayers hate synthetic tracks,and they show it w/ their money
Hopefully NYRA remembers the synthetic tracks and their fate at S.A, KEENLAND and DEL MAR
Profesor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 09:32 PM   #27
the little guy

Quote:
no I'm not predicting the future--are they doing this in the hopes of keeping some of the bigger stables here year round?
Many of the bigger stables do stay here year round, at least partially. Adding synth in Winter will hopefully attract a bigger horse population and ultimately help field size. Only time will tell. It won’t be an issue for at least three years.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:37 PM   #28
Profesor

Quote:

They said they same thing when they installed the Tapeta at Gulfstream ( only to be used for off the turf races) and then they started to card
races on Tapeta, and ruined their meet,you can be sure NYRA will card Tapeta races thank God sports betting is legal now
Old 03-15-2023, 09:42 PM   #29
Profesor

Quote:
It's for off the turf races ( to preserve field size ) and to be used along with dirt in the Winter only.
I would rather bet a 4 horse field than try to figure out which horse is gonna like running on cut up tires
Old 03-15-2023, 09:59 PM   #30
Bustin Stones

Why are we opposed to allowing horses to run on tapeta if they prefer to run on it? That field sizes will increase indicates they do prefer it. Much has been written in these forums about the demise of winter racing and the pitiful size of the fields. If field size improves due to the opportunity to race on it, what sense does it make to deny horses that opportunity? Why would we rather the horses stand in stall than race?
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply