Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-01-2020, 08:28 PM   #1
thetripleclowns

Arkansas Derby

What are your thoughts on the 2 divisions? I think the second division is stacked with some tough competition and division 1 will likely go to Charlatan, especially with Shooters Shoot scratched.

Last edited by thetripleclowns; 05-01-2020 at 08:29 PM.
thetripleclowns is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2020, 10:37 PM   #2
jay68802

Baffert sweep.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2020, 11:19 PM   #3
thetripleclowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Baffert sweep.
I wouldn't be surprised if Baffert sweeps this derby. Nadal doesn't need the points though so that may open a small window for the others.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:42 PM   #4
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetripleclowns View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Baffert sweeps this derby. Nadal doesn't need the points though so that may open a small window for the others.
Sort of gives you a insider opinion. Rather face Nadal than Charlton.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #5
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Hard to get excited about Race 11 with the prohibitive . Considering the picks in the video, I don't see the , not that he's a toss. I'm quietly against the as a chalk. I'm with you on the , but he's second choice. The is worth a look.

The is interesting. That's where I was headed before the dropped. But with no pace challenge to the , even that doesn't seem so clever anymore. I'm going to play around with the under the .

Race 13 is more interesting. Also weird because I have the same comments about the same numbers. The is legitimate but doesn't have to win.

I don't see the , and the is worth a look. I also wonder about the , leaning toward the "fluke" assessment of last race, especially at a short price. I do like the , maybe enough to key. Unless he comes up short price.

I have the ,, in my longshot tier. I think they each got a mention in your video. All worth considering underneath.

Taking another look at the , which you also mentioned. Seems like like the foremost runner with the most late kick. Maybe that's the one to use at a big price.

Can any of the frontrunners stay if not on the lead? That's actually what I like about the , more than the big number he put up last race.
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Baffert sweep.
Wagering certainly starts with the Baffert entries.

Neither looks invincible to me, but I don't have a fault with either one.

Previously my opinion was that Charlatan had a higher ceiling than Nadal, and that Nadal (while a contender-level) isn't quite the superstar that he's being billed as. However, Nadal comes into the race dead-fit.

Unless I notice a price to structure in a gimmick, I'll be watching these two as a fan and for future opportunities.
Old 05-02-2020, 03:59 PM   #7
burnsy
self medicated

Ill go for the pick 3. Obviously, you gotta use the Baffert horses but I'm not gonna single them. You have to wonder about a horse like Charlatan with no stakes and stretching out at a low price. Baffert or no Baffert. I actually hope he wins because 10 furlongs will probably be tough on him. People are already on the bandwagon so if he wins he'll be even more over bet in the future.

The key is the Oaklawn Handicap in the middle. If I see 4-1 or more on By My Standards. I love it. Trophy Chaser as a flyer and Mr. Freeze in the mix also. I don't know if Combatant can do it again and I can't bet Tacitus unless he finally wins one or is way higher than the morning line odds today.

Last edited by burnsy; 05-02-2020 at 04:00 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #8
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Baffert sweep.
Toyed with them.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #9
RunForTheRoses

Yo man, was alive with $1P5s with 1 4 5 14. Why did the jock on the 14 stay so wide? Damn, was counting my money because I thought if 14 didn't win 1 would. Inside seemed to be good last two days.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #10
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Yo man, was alive with $1P5s with 1 4 5 14. Why did the jock on the 14 stay so wide? Damn, was counting my money because I thought if 14 didn't win 1 would. Inside seemed to be good last two days.
I was live to as well in the pick 4, 5. Had a $20 double straight w/Nadal.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2020, 10:13 PM   #11
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Ill go for the pick 3. Obviously, you gotta use the Baffert horses but I'm not gonna single them. You have to wonder about a horse like Charlatan with no stakes and stretching out at a low price. Baffert or no Baffert. I actually hope he wins because 10 furlongs will probably be tough on him. People are already on the bandwagon so if he wins he'll be even more over bet in the future.

The key is the Oaklawn Handicap in the middle. If I see 4-1 or more on By My Standards. I love it. Trophy Chaser as a flyer and Mr. Freeze in the mix also. I don't know if Combatant can do it again and I can't bet Tacitus unless he finally wins one or is way higher than the morning line odds today.
nice! hope you fired him
Old 05-02-2020, 10:24 PM   #12
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post

Why did the jock stymie the horse from taking over down the backside? I was alive to a pick five and 2 pick fours.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:27 PM   #13
Afleet

Quote:
Baffert sweep.
bingo
Old 05-04-2020, 09:26 AM   #14
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
nice! hope you fired him
Of course I did. Thanks. I don’t come on here to chew the fat about 3/5 shots. That just gets me in trouble anyway. If a horse isn’t 5/2 or more , I’m not interested in a win bet at all. And even though I hit the pic 3, I take shots too. That’s where the “big day” is. Sometimes I actually wonder how many people are just fans on the internet and how many actually bet. Cause if they are betting too. Most are not that great at handicapping . Just sayin, when people go on and on about the most obvious horses, it doesn’t give me a thing . I already know that . Where’s the beef? By My Standards was the beef in that sequence, 9-2. That’s what’s gotta be found to bet something worth a dime . I thought Nadal ran huge. Charlatan, who knows? Race was a joke.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2020, 05:42 PM   #15
thetripleclowns

Thank you everyone for your comments. It was a good race and Baffert swept both divisions. Ithink it will be interesting to watch the Baffert 3 race in the derby, but there is so much talent out there, so we will see if they add more derby prep races throughout the summer. I want to see Shooters Shoot have his chance

To help us keep moving forward please visit our Youtube channel and hit the subscribe button. We have great interviews coming up in our future and even a fun Kentucky Derby draft. With the lull in horse racing right now we want to keep everyone's spirits up and fingers crossed as tracks start to reopen across the country.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCn...9-I0wxoolvhtiw

We thank you in advanced for hitting that subscribe button! Also if, there is anything you think would be an interesting topic to discuss reach out! As always we will keep you posted on the guests we have coming on the show.