Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 05-20-2023, 01:12 AM   #61
ranchwest

Thanks, guys. Quick Grid is being driven by the input of users. I'm just a conduit for the end product. Please keep providing input for moving Quick Grid forward. You make it a work of joy.
Old 05-20-2023, 10:23 AM   #62
shoelessjoe

Great job Ranchwest on your recent updates, I am sure that it
will be of great help to your users.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2023, 03:48 PM   #63
rlopez781

Here's my 2023 Preakness Win Contender Report...
scratched the 8 First Mission...

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 05-20-23 at 12.43 PM.PNG (50.4 KB, 229 views)
rlopez781 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2023, 01:06 PM   #64
ranchwest

Just a reminder that introductory pricing for Quick Grid ends at the end of this month, May 31, 2023.
Old 06-10-2023, 02:20 AM   #65
ranchwest

A Belmont Stakes report from the latest beta version of Quick Grid is available on the Quick Grid Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090537234418
Old 06-10-2023, 01:35 PM   #66
shoelessjoe

Great job on that

Jeff
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2023, 01:54 PM   #67
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjoe View Post
Great job on that

Jeff
Thanks, Jeff!
Old 06-10-2023, 09:05 PM   #68
lefty359

Your composite ratings had Bel winner on top.
Any data on pctg of winners in top 3 of composite?
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2023, 12:35 AM   #69
ranchwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Your composite ratings had Bel winner on top.
Any data on pctg of winners in top 3 of composite?
No, I have not tracked such percentages because it depends on the pace line selected by the user (or Quick Grid). For the Belmont report I posted, I used the auto-selected pace lines from Quick Grid.

The winner in the Belmont was also on top in TE (total energy). And, the next two in TE were also in the trifecta using the auto-generated pace lines.

So, what I am now working on is an export capability for any of the many grids in Quick Grid. That will allow users to track models and the success rate of factors. That will allow users to import the data into a spreadsheet or access the data through a program. The data could also be imported into a database, where a query could be performed.

My purpose with Quick Grid is to open up all of the data in the BRIS files to full scrutiny and to be as useful as possible. For instance, the beta in testing now includes "first on the surface" in the Detective Deep Dive grid. On Thursday, there was a horse at Belterra that was first on turf and paid $171.40. I went back and looked up that horse's pedigree and she traced to Roberto on the dam side, an excellent turf sire.
Old 08-14-2023, 02:28 PM   #70
ranchwest

Version 1.6

The release candidate has gone to beta and should be actually released this week.

Ranch West's Quick Grid Version 1.6 Release Notes:

There is a new report for Past Performances. This includes some very exciting features. Clicking on the classification of the past race line will link to the Chart for that line in the user's default browser! Clicking on the Comments for the line links to the user's own Quick Grid Notes for that track for that day (link only exists if there is a Notes file) using the user's default browser! Also included are not only the leader times, but also the calculated split times for the horse! There is an option to include workouts to be meshed in with races in chronological order. Lines are color coded based on surface and track condition... light brown for fast dirt, darker brown for wet dirt, light green for firm or fast turf, darker green for wet turf, light blue for all-weather and white for workouts.

EXPORT! For EVERY grid (Main Grid and all 16 Deep Dives), pressing the key <F6> (on some keyboards, you may need to press <Fn> and <F6> at the same time) will allow EXPORT of all of the data to a CSV (comma-delimited) file! Note that the data will be exported as the data type displayed. So, some of what appears to be a numeric data type will export as a character string data type. Export will allow users to more easily model factors. Users can also track the wins and profit margins of factors. Or, one user plans to customize the display size of the data through his own interface.

The Contenders Report has been expanded into a second table with a lot of key data. There is a new calculation for Wet; the Wet number works the same as the Quick Grid jockey and trainer ratings, based on starts, wins, places and shows to give a number that is a quick reference. In between the two tables is the GSP (Giles Speed Points) and Strength, which can be compared to the SR (speed rating of the pace line race)... horses with a SR below the Strength number are very low percentage plays for the win position. The two tables of the Contenders Report are separately sortable.

Taulbot Box points has been added to the Main Grid. This rating is based on position in the last three races within 90 days at today's race level or above. Ray Taulbot long ago said he only made maximum wagers on horses with about 16 or more Taulbot Box points (ymmv). Ray Taulbot was a famous handicapping author from yesteryear.

A Race Evaluator Deep Dive has been added to help on decisions on whether to pass wagering on a race. Race Evaluator lists all races on the card. Included is the number of horses that have run exclusively and partially in foreign races. Also, number of entrants not marked scratched. And, number of first time starters. Plus, a lot of similar information for evaluating a race.

The Detective Deep Dive has been expanded to include first on surface.

Quirin Failures is William Quirin's concept for races that were below the performance that is expected today. There are 7 exceptions allowed. Horses with failures are very low percentage plays... one handicapper recently tracked 100 races and found 7 winners. Failures can be found on the Quick Grid Main Grid, Past Performances Deep Dive, Contenders Report and Past Performances Report. Quirin wrote the book Winning At the Races and created the popular Quirin Speed Points.

The values for Good and IO on the Main Grid and the Contenders Report have been changed slightly to facilitate proper sorting on the Contenders Report. Periods have been changed to "x" and "30" has been changed to "G30".

A bug on both Pace Deep Dives has been fixed. All-Weather lines were incorrectly showing as Dirt.

For any questions, please phone 817-889-6212 or email quickgridsoftware@gmail.com.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:05 PM   #71
lefty359

How many here are using QuickGrid and how are you doing with it?
Thanks in advance...
Old 01-16-2024, 07:48 PM   #72
lefty359

I can't get any answers at the Quickgrid facebook page so I guess Ranchwest is still coping with his ailments.

So maybe someone here can answer.

Does Quickgrid depend on a spreadsheet?
Is it downloadable?
Are there still problems with the Win 11 platform.
Thanks in advance.
\
Old 01-17-2024, 09:05 AM   #73
Ghostrider5

Answer to questions?

Just load either drf, jcapper hdw file, or bris multicap file.

No spreadsheet or excel needed. Unless you want to mine data. Works fine without excel.

Don't know about windows 11. Still using windows 10.

Yes it is downloadable. Once you pay he will send by wetransfer zip.

Ghostrider5
Ghostrider5 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2024, 11:19 AM   #74
lefty359

Thanks, Ghost. Much appreciated.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:29 PM   #75
lefty359

Ghost, do you know what he's charging for the prgm these days?
My efforts to contact him have failed.
I sure hope he's doing okay...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: