Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-25-2023, 10:28 PM   #61
46zilzal
velocitician

Drew Timme FOUR FOULS and sitting with almost 15 mins. to go and down by >15...Go U.Conn!
Old 03-25-2023, 10:33 PM   #62
46zilzal
velocitician

now, U Conn. up by 21 and Timme still on the bench with 4 fouls
Old 03-25-2023, 11:02 PM   #63
46zilzal
velocitician

U.Conn

Turn out the lights, the party's over...

VERY IMPRESSIVE fast breaks
Old 03-26-2023, 05:23 AM   #64
Half Smoke

7-2 overall since 3/17

reddit guy potd:

Texas - 4 (up to 5) over Miami_________5:05 ET

right now several books show 4 and FanDuel and MGM show 3.5 per vegasinsider.com

Last edited by Half Smoke; 03-26-2023 at 05:28 AM.
Half Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2023, 11:09 PM   #65
ranchwest

Ouch, missed on all three of my Elite 8 teams. With all of the shockers, I am still at 96.9%.
Old 03-26-2023, 11:11 PM   #66
46zilzal
velocitician

I'll certainly hate to see either U. Conn or U. of Miami lose next weekend.

They are the proven class of this years group,
Old 03-27-2023, 06:36 AM   #67
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

7-2 overall since 3/17

reddit guy potd:

Texas - 4 (up to 5) over Miami_________5:05 ET

right now several books show 4 and FanDuel and MGM show 3.5 per vegasinsider.com

betting with these sportbooks today is nothing but a waste of time.

from my recent experience. i opened up an online account with one of them, they let me do an ACH transaction for a maximum amount of $600. they gve me a $500 maximum bet per side and $300 on first half, second half and total. so i got in touch with the company and asked how i could deposit more, they told me i can come to them with cash. so i did, i gave them another $3000, but my maximum bet per game did not change. i bet with them for 2 days, i won $800 and got an email from them the next day that my maximum has now been cut down to $2.00 per game online, but i could come in person and try to bet more if they needed my play, otherwise it would be refused.

so i went to the next step and opened up an account with an online sports exchange that charges 1% vig on winning bets. i put $600 in the account through an ACH transaction that cost me 3%. so i started to bet. they had open wagers that were never on the side i wanted but i now can put up my own bets to get matched. i did it for $100 per game, to make a long story short, i had put up more winners that didn't get matched, but the losers i had all got matched, and my $600 went directly down the toilet bowl.

in sports you supposedly have a 50/50 chance to pick the winner. but i still find pari-mutual horse race betting with all the negatives way better for me than the sports.

this is the gambling world, if you are going to be win, you better be fast on your feet and good at it.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-27-2023, 07:59 AM   #68
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
South: Bama too tough in most areas to discount despite distraction. I used them defensively as most bracketeers will have them in final 4.
Creighton one of top teams in effective FG% (3pt./2pt. combined).

East: Tennessee defense vs. Marquette

Midwest: Chalk...Houston over Texas

West: The historical pcts. are that one #2 will lose a second round game. Kansas looks to be most vulnerable #2 vs. Arkansas.
It's the first year in a few that the Zags don't have the highest of expectations. Combining the pressure-off with the best offense in the nation, & very dangerous.
UConn fits mold of Kenpom ranking 25 or below in both offense and defense for national champion (90% of last 20 champs). Only others are Houston, Bama, Purdue, Texas.

Final 4: Bama over Creighton, UConn over Gonzaga.

Champion = UConn Huskies, because public brackets favor Kansas, Houston, Bama,Tenn.
A remarkable tourney in that I already know I finished second by a stinking point in a mid-sized pool for a three figure return, where one early game difference (TCU over my upset-minded Ariz. St., 72-70) would have me taking down winner's share. I personally find that infinitely more interesting and rewarding than percentage of winners or gigantic public pools. I did however, enter my wife's office pool earning her 3 gift cards & cutting my losses from the numerous packages that will be delivered to my porch today.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:38 AM   #69
CheckMark

Calling it right now SDSU over Miami (FL) or SDSU over UConn

my dumb ass took Creighton-2 yesterday even though I was sold on San Diego State before and after they took down Alabama
Old 03-27-2023, 09:57 AM   #70
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Two PAC and two ACC teams? I wouldn't leave out a Big 12 team from making the final four.
Remind me…how many Big12 teams made the Final Four?

At least I got one right with Miami
Old 03-27-2023, 11:02 AM   #71
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Calling it right now SDSU over Miami (FL) or SDSU over UConn

my dumb ass took Creighton-2 yesterday even though I was sold on San Diego State before and after they took down Alabama
A razor thin edge and an Obsidian Knife result :>)

How can one be retrospective about the play, other than to regret playing at all were $$$ involved?
Old 04-03-2023, 10:00 PM   #72
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Tournament Post-mortem

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, bracketology is more fun in smaller settings when you can actually win or contest to the end, like office pools. I didn't have that chance this year, so I ended up with 8 entries at espn. They all got roughed up early, like most of the 20 million. The best one is at the 86th percentile, which isn't very good, really, but it is on par with the posted scores of the espn know-it-alls. Six of my entries were well distributed through the middle of the leaderboard.

But one of them checks in at the 5.3 percentile. That, my friends, is hard to do. The overall winner in that one was Houston, but it did feature some first round shots, like filling in the last spot of a super with stuff that just makes the ticket cost more...Iona over Conn, Drake, Kent, Boise, etc. But after that it looked like (pre-tipoff ) most other brackets. But only Gonzaga won three games.

A stinker for the ages.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2023, 12:10 AM   #73
CheckMark

With Houston busting both my brackets there was not a whole lot to cheer for besides SDSU as I had them going pretty far but getting beat by Tennessee and Alabama which both lost.

Bracket 1 was in the 73%
Bracket 2 was in the 82%

This has to be my best year yet for game predictions so looking forward to taking it even further next year!

Congrats to the UConn Huskies on winning the 2023 March Madness/NCAAB Championship!
Old 04-04-2023, 12:21 PM   #74
ranchwest

I had 3 in the Elite 8 and they all lost in that round. Ended up at 92.5 percentile. That's in the range where I often finish, but I usually have far more points to be in that range. It was a tough year.
Old 04-04-2023, 03:24 PM   #75
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchwest View Post
I had 3 in the Elite 8 and they all lost in that round. Ended up at 92.5 percentile. That's in the range where I often finish, but I usually have far more points to be in that range. It was a tough year.
That %tile is very solid and if that is the range you say you often finish at then you can for sure have a spot at the table of experts my friend