Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 05-06-2023, 09:05 AM   #1
Pedigreestar

Ky Derby 2023 Selections

Forte is favorite with a very good track record winning major prep races on the road to derby 3 to 1 odds are good betting point of you can win the derby. Racing is always unpredictable. I personally think out of approx. 18000- 20000 produced horses in 2020 only 20 are qualifying for Kentucky derby have always a chance to win. They are lucky enough to qualify from so many horses. But it is teamwork that matters. Destiny of Horse, Jockey, Trainer, Breeder and Owners is connected together. Even one person not destined to go in the winning enclosure one weak link horse loses on the winning post with a fraction of second. Also winning Name of Race Horse is going in history books has to be strong powerful and importantly harmonious to pedigree chart. s. My selection as under
Trainer Brad Cox among his 4 runners my first choice is Angel of Empire
Tod Fletcher his 3 runners I prefer Kingsbarns than Forte
Among the Sires Good Magic -Reincarnate
Candy -Ride Hit Show
Curlin – Lord Miles
I would prefer Angel of Empire with 8 to 1 odd than Forte
For long shots Disarm and Sun Thunder are my choices.
From 20 I have shortlisted 8 purely betting point of view permutations and combinations for tanala, forecast can give good payout
If Forte is to win then it will win convincingly destroying the field the way Derma Sotogake won in Dubai during Dubai world cup 2023 meeting in UAE Derby. I am doubtful Japanese can repeat. If Forte is not winner then I will go with Angel of Empire purely based on earlier track record and 2nd, 3 rd. place will be long shot and combination tickets will give good payout.
However as per my Pedigreestar analysis without considering track record purely astrological foal date chart, Name Chart and pedigree analysis my Selection is as under.
My First Choice is Disarm at 30 to 1 can upset as
Sired by Gunrunner, Jockey Joel Rosario, Trainer Steve Asmussen should win this derby. Name Chart for the day is strong. Dosage Profile of 1-4-7-0-0 (12) 2.43,0.50 is also good. Overall considering all the aspects trainer will get his first derby which is due for him long back. Among Japanese Mandarin Hero is prefered than Sotogake will upet calculations of trainers, jockeys.
My top 4 from which winner can emerge
Disarm
Angel of Empire
Forte
Reincarnate
Pedigreestar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2023, 06:03 PM   #2
46zilzal
velocitician

2 5 14 3 22...HURRY UP or the field might be yet SMALLER!!
Old 05-07-2023, 06:21 AM   #3
PalaceOfFortLarned

Personally exorcised quite a few demons this year.

Hit for $2,500 in the Oaks on $36 in tickets, and nailed Mage in the Derby with $100 across.

Not since Princess of Sylmar and Funny Cide have I had such good days.

Well, thankfully, I went back to back this year and it was fun as all heck. Not gonna lie. The grin is big, and it sure as heck feels good. Sorry if I'm red-boarding, but damn sure I've expressed my Mage love from day 1 on here.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: