Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 11-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Swipe

Good Day,

Swipe is a good horse and is the kind of horse I see finishing in the money a lot of racing going forward. Like a modern day Musket Man. Nailed that exacta yesterday.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #2
sbcaris

swipe's pedigree

Swipe's pedigree is also very interesting. He traces to the fabulous conduit mare, Doxa, in tail-female and also carries Buckpasser in the X passing position by way of his damsire, Grand Slam. Both of the above are positive factors for the first Sat in May.
sbcaris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
Spalding No!

Not much going on close up in the female family. It comes from a Robert Walter family, who is most famous for breeding Cal-breds hoping to strike lightning in a bottle by snatching up culls from famous KY families. Perhaps his most famous runner was Cavonnier, who in 1996 was a mere nostril away from becoming Bob Baffert's first Derby winner. Coincidentally, Cavonnier was beaten that day by Grindstone, who is Swipe's paternal grandsire. In addition, through the 4th dam, Swipe is related to Robert Walter's second most famous runner, Batroyale, who swept the juvenile filly stakes at Del Mar several years ago.

You have to go all the way back to the 5th dam, where the female family comes from Harbor View Farm. That mare, La Mesa, produced the 1st BC Juvenile Fillies winner, Outstandingly, who was put up on the DQ of Fran's Valentine. Outstandingly went on to a decent career, was named 2yo filly champion, and earned over $1.4 million. La Mesa also produced La Affirmed, the dam of major sire Bernstein and top runner and producer Caress. Caress produced major sire Sky Mesa. It is also the family of Wise Dan's sire, Wiseman's Ferry.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #4
tanner12oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
Not much going on close up in the female family. It comes from a Robert Walter family, who is most famous for breeding Cal-breds hoping to strike lightning in a bottle by snatching up culls from famous KY families. Perhaps his most famous runner was Cavonnier, who in 1996 was a mere nostril away from becoming Bob Baffert's first Derby winner. Coincidentally, Cavonnier was beaten that day by Grindstone, who is Swipe's paternal grandsire. In addition, through the 4th dam, Swipe is related to Robert Walter's second most famous runner, Batroyale, who swept the juvenile filly stakes at Del Mar several years ago.

You have to go all the way back to the 5th dam, where the female family comes from Harbor View Farm. That mare, La Mesa, produced the 1st BC Juvenile Fillies winner, Outstandingly, who was put up on the DQ of Fran's Valentine. Outstandingly went on to a decent career, was named 2yo filly champion, and earned over $1.4 million. La Mesa also produced La Affirmed, the dam of major sire Bernstein and top runner and producer Caress. Caress produced major sire Sky Mesa. It is also the family of Wise Dan's sire, Wiseman's Ferry.
I dont really like betting futures but I might throw couple dollars on this one. Think he will continue to improve and could at least make my $2 interesting for 6 months
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2015, 10:06 PM   #5
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz
I dont really like betting futures but I might throw couple dollars on this one. Think he will continue to improve and could at least make my $2 interesting for 6 months
Several of the Juvenile contestants are interesting going forward. Exaggerator was very keen but trapped inside for most of the race and was slow to get clear in the stretch, but finished well enough. Brody's Cause came along with some finish and Greenpointcrusader got by the tired ones.

When you look back at the history of the BC Juvenile, despite the silly "curse" thing for the winner (destroyed by Street Sense in 2007 and Timber Country in 1995), the race has been fairly productive for the classics...as it should be.

Derby: Spend A Buck, Alysheba, Sea Hero, Street Sense, Mine That Bird won.
Preakness: Tank's Prospect, Alysheba, Pine Bluff, Tabasco Cat, Timber Country, Point Given, Afleet Alex, Lookin At Lucky won.
Belmont: Danzig Connection, Bet Twice, Easy Goer, Go And Go, Tabasco Cat, Editor's Note, Lemon Drop Kid, Point Given, Afleet Alex, Union Rags won.

Placings: Chief's Crown (3x), Bet Twice (2x), Easy Goer (2x), Pleasant Tap, Best Pal, Blumin Affair, Tejano Run, Timber Country, Cat Thief, Afleet Alex, Pioneerof The Nile, Dullahan, Editor's Note, A P Valentine (2x), Street Sense, Mine That Bird (2x), Creative Cause, Gulch, Pine Bluff, Stay Thirsty, Medal Count.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 08:08 AM   #6
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz

id love to get 25/1 on him for the futures
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply