Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #5251
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Once again BEST-5 nailed every race- today @ Santa Anita (the only other track I checked was AQ-wasn't quite as good).

20cent 3-horse-per-race pick 6 is $145.80
50cent pick-5 is $121.50
50cent pick-4 is $40.50
50cent pick-3 $13.50

I'm not hearing from anyone -I get the feeling everyone that want's one, already has it.

OR...is using another program. Your welcome to post your results here--especially from those programs you paid hundreds of dollars for. Bring it on.......home-grown welcome, too.

Old 01-12-2019, 02:10 AM   #5252
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

SANTA ANITA 1-12

R-1 TIME FOR EBBY 15-1

R-3 RAK CITY 8-1

R-6 FIERY LADY 15-1

R-9 PLACIDO 4-1

Good Luck

-NCG
Old 01-12-2019, 07:18 AM   #5253
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Take a look at Turf Paradise 4th race TWO HAIL MARYS and tell me how the ML maker arrived @ 6-1? Will he even get 9/5 on the stretchout? Doubtful
Old 01-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #5254
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Carla Gaines scratched all 3 of her entries today--AFTER wagering opened. Hope she had a good reason--I didn't hear why.

on the scratch list it will say stewards or vet, that will give you a clue. Doubt that all three were vet scratches
Old 01-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #5255
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Take a look at Turf Paradise 4th race TWO HAIL MARYS and tell me how the ML maker arrived @ 6-1? Will he even get 9/5 on the stretchout? Doubtful
Looks like a 3-horse race with THM's one of them. Also take a look at Heraway at 8-1 ML 1st race at Parx. Looks to be even money or 6/5 to me. Suspicious drop, but two decent MSW efforts and now MC.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:22 AM   #5256
Vinnie

GPX late P4 (B5 Consensus)

Greetings Greg:

Unfortunately, I had to work yesterday, however, B5 Cons. at GPX 0112 had a very nice late P4 if you just played the 3 selections for $40.50.

R9- 4-2-6, Winner #4 paid 12.20
R10- 1-7-2, Winner #2 paid 17.20
Also, at AQU had a very nice Pic 3 and Trifecta.

R5- 4-5-8 Winner 8.60 Exacta $26.00
R6-4-8-5, Winner 15.00, Exacta $23.90
R7-11-6-8, Winner 20.20, Ex. $55.75, and Tri. paid $341.00 for a buck... Pic 3 was approximately what the Trifecta paid in the race... Sweet.....

Very Good Stuff! Got to like that Best 5!!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Old 01-13-2019, 09:39 PM   #5257
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Thanks Vinnie...lately I've been using BEST-FIVE to play pick-3's. I always play the late p-3 so I don't have to bet the night before--at whatever tracks I have data files for.

The $1 p-3 is a reasonable $27.00--and hitting for $200 or $300 is not unusual at all. Since I played TUP and SA today...I played the Best-5 late pick-3 @ both. Here's the SA result--a little disappointing, since no favorites won-- but I'll take it.

Also hit the late pick-3 @ Turf Paradise--and amazingly I lost appx 80% of my wager... despite "winning" This has to be a record

Before you call me a moron for betting into this pool--remember I don't know in advance what the payoff would be. I had no way to know they would all be $3 winners.
I admit this was shoddy wagering, and I deserved to take a hit-- it won't happen again.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:10 PM   #5258
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

I get an email or two per week, from people that just don't post. They don't post on Facebook, or any of the blogs, forums or whatever is out there. Someone blamed PA Mike or CJ for people not posting here--that couldn't be further from the truth.

I used to ask people to post their "big winner" here, instead of emailing it to me personally (I'm sure you can understand why). But most just don't care to post in public...and that is their business.

Soooooooo....sometimes I will repost here, the gist of that email anonymously---in case anyone wondered why I did that.

A gentleman sent two consecutive emails about his luck at Tampa:

"On Saturday best 5 had 8 winners in top 2 and 1 3rd pick winner in 10 races @Tam"

and the 2nd:

"Nice one @ Tam today R6 #6 paid $54 6-5 exacta was $130 Also a hot list horse"

I didn't think my programs worked very well @ Tampa--customers ask about it, (as they do every track) and I blame our poor results there on Tampa's weird track configuration.
Gulfstream? Too many turf and 7F races. Turfway? Emerald? Mystery to me, but there are too many tracks we can do well at, to worry about the ones we don't.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:57 PM   #5259
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
I get an email or two per week, from people that just don't post. They don't post on Facebook, or any of the blogs, forums or whatever is out there. Someone blamed PA Mike or CJ for people not posting here--that couldn't be further from the truth.

I used to ask people to post their "big winner" here, instead of emailing it to me personally (I'm sure you can understand why). But most just don't care to post in public...and that is their business.

Soooooooo....sometimes I will repost here, the gist of that email anonymously---in case anyone wondered why I did that.

A gentleman sent two consecutive emails about his luck at Tampa:

"On Saturday best 5 had 8 winners in top 2 and 1 3rd pick winner in 10 races @Tam"

and the 2nd:

"Nice one @ Tam today R6 #6 paid $54 6-5 exacta was $130 Also a hot list horse"

I didn't think my programs worked very well @ Tampa--customers ask about it, (as they do every track) and I blame our poor results there on Tampa's weird track configuration.
Gulfstream? Too many turf and 7F races. Turfway? Emerald? Mystery to me, but there are too many tracks we can do well at, to worry about the ones we don't.
Greg, I've run into a guy armed with your picks a few times at our OTW. Today he showed me two of your power numbers? at Parx that won in the first few races for double digits. I believe they were the 2nd highest number and he said you called them value picks. Been trying to get him to post here, no luck as yet.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:31 PM   #5260
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Parx 1-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosonfirst View Post
Greg, I've run into a guy armed with your picks a few times at our OTW. Today he showed me two of your power numbers? at Parx that won in the first few races for double digits. I believe they were the 2nd highest number and he said you called them value picks. Been trying to get him to post here, no luck as yet.
Parx start about 9:AM west coast time--so I usually miss at least half the races. I had Bris data files for Portland, Parx, and MVR. I always check for "Longshot2" -and noticed there were a couple @ Parx--4th and last races. Since the 4th was already gone. I stuck a $10 on the last race horse WISE TRADE 20-1.

*I post these up because dubious customers ask if I bet my own picks...I do--after studying what-wins-where, and keeping records.
As we all know--nothing comes easy in horse betting.

-NCG
Old 01-15-2019, 01:15 AM   #5261
Vinnie

Very Nice Greg... I don't know how you derive your Power #1 and Power #2 numbers, but, all that I can say is at Gulfstream Park West on 10-22 hit an early 50c p4 for a total cost of $2.00 for $176.35 and the same early P5 for $4.00 total cost for $705.15. Total $6.00 invested for $881.50... Is it always going to happen, of course not, but, when it is on it can be devastating!!!

Vinnie

Old 01-17-2019, 05:23 AM   #5262
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

PLATINUM LONGSHOTS 01-17

GPX
4TH PASSING MOMONTS 20-1
5TH SWEET BLOSSOM 20-1
1OTH FOR REEF'S SAKE 10-1

SA
5TH BLISSFUL LADY 20-1

TPX
2ND HONOR BAR 12-1

Old 01-17-2019, 11:26 PM   #5263
Vinnie

Delta Downs 01-17.

Best 5 had the Winner in each of the 10 races and cleared the card at Delta Downs this evening (on 01-17). Greg, B5 Consensus crushed it at Delta Downs this evening! The Biggest winners were in Race 5 where the 3rd Selection the #3 paid $15.80. Additionally, in Race #9 the #6 horse paid $11.80.

Very Nice on the day... If one of those moderately priced ponies would have gotten in there anywhere in between it could have been some moderately "Big Balloons" in essentially any of the combos... Best 5 is one helluva tool for the Capper and the handicapper's tool box, that's for sure...

Vinnie

Old 01-18-2019, 02:29 AM   #5264
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Best 5 had the Winner in each of the 10 races and cleared the card at Delta Downs this evening (on 01-17). Greg, B5 Consensus crushed it at Delta Downs this evening! The Biggest winners were in Race 5 where the 3rd Selection the #3 paid $15.80. Additionally, in Race #9 the #6 horse paid $11.80.

Very Nice on the day... If one of those moderately priced ponies would have gotten in there anywhere in between it could have been some moderately "Big Balloons" in essentially any of the combos... Best 5 is one helluva tool for the Capper and the handicapper's tool box, that's for sure...
Excellent, Vinnie. Green80 is always mentioning his winnings at Louisiana tracks. I'm gonna have to give them another shot--after losing my @$$ couple years ago, I swore 'em off

I'm only playing the Platinum longshots right now. I mentioned in an earlier post about hitting a pick-3 that cost $27.00 ...and paid $6.00--American. That sorta took the wind out of my sails, as far as handicapping for a while.

By Monday I'll get back in the game.

Good luck

-NCG
Old 01-18-2019, 04:18 AM   #5265
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

just one single longshot today--out of maybe 6 tracks.

It's at Laurel--so it'll probably be scratched anyway (I stopped playing Laurel because of all the scratches)

LAUREL 9TH LORD OF MISRULE 10-1
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: