Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 01-16-2019, 03:08 AM   #76
theotherside

APPY-12 plays in one year?

The cost of running that software (data files,membership to his forum) everyday to make a total of 12 plays in a full year is not realistic to 99.9% of the horse players in the world.And he hit 9 of 12 to make an enviable profit? Would have to be a very large bettor to make this enviable profit.Just my opinion.

Last edited by theotherside; 01-16-2019 at 03:13 AM.
theotherside is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2019, 07:23 PM   #77
lefty359

I agree, who can make a living or even supplement income with 12 plays a yr?
Wonder why he couldn't find more? It's an overlay method basically so there has to be more than 12 races. Would like to know how someone with this software is doing just playing overlays.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2019, 08:14 PM   #78
mikesal57
Veteran

let me take a stab at how he bets.....because I have f&^%ing nothing better to do

To live decent these days , would a $150,000 do it......I say yes

So , I doubt he bets horses under 3-1....and doesn't chance those $20 horses

Lets say about a $10 avg payout

he wins 9 out of 12......

lets take $5000 as his normal bet....

5000 on a $10 winner= $25,000

25,000 x 9 = 225,000

12 x 5000 tot bets = 60,000

----------------------------
Profit = 165,000

there it is!!!!!...

now let me bother someone else

mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #79
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

12 plays a year?
Better not ever take a day off.

You have to cover the $1700 before you can even think about a profit.
I bet I do better with Social Security - 12 of those a year, too. And I hit 12 out of 12~!

If those 12 a year were really worth it, why in the Hell would you sell the info?
You KNOW all your customers will have the SAME horses you ar betting on.

Now, using 9 of 12 as your expectation - what possible sample size was that based on?
Say 20 years - that is 240.
Not very big.

Last edited by Tom; 01-17-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #80
Appy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
let me take a stab at how he bets.....because I have f&^%ing nothing better to do

To live decent these days , would a $150,000 do it......I say yes

So , I doubt he bets horses under 3-1....and doesn't chance those $20 horses

Lets say about a $10 avg payout

he wins 9 out of 12......

lets take $5000 as his normal bet....

5000 on a $10 winner= $25,000

25,000 x 9 = 225,000

12 x 5000 tot bets = 60,000

----------------------------
Profit = 165,000

there it is!!!!!...

now let me bother someone else

You are conceptually correct mikesal, but overshooting for that particular year. His average W odds are about 5-1 and he only pulls the trigger when his confidence level is very high that the public is making an error in judgement. Worth noting that year for him was significantly impeded by an extremely serious hospital stay.

Tom, I enjoy your comments, but in this case I am certain your SS income never compares to what he customarily pulled down. He's what I consider a big player. The amount I risk in a month is less than he spends on a single W play.
As for the cost of ValueCapper, you only need to hit one race pretty well to more than cover the purchase price. Part of the Pizzolla education is learning to avoid gambling, while recognizing and maximizing the investment opportunity.
During my 30 day trial I missed on some plays, but hit one for $28+ on a horse I wouldn't have considered were it not for the software's method of identifying horses with potential to win. Pizzolla himself told me he thought my winning choice was "a reach". LOL.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:17 PM   #81
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
You are conceptually correct mikesal, but overshooting for that particular year. His average W odds are about 5-1 and he only pulls the trigger when his confidence level is very high that the public is making an error in judgement. Worth noting that year for him was significantly impeded by an extremely serious hospital stay.

Tom, I enjoy your comments, but in this case I am certain your SS income never compares to what he customarily pulled down. He's what I consider a big player. The amount I risk in a month is less than he spends on a single W play.
As for the cost of ValueCapper, you only need to hit one race pretty well to more than cover the purchase price. Part of the Pizzolla education is learning to avoid gambling, while recognizing and maximizing the investment opportunity.
During my 30 day trial I missed on some plays, but hit one for $28+ on a horse I wouldn't have considered were it not for the software's method of identifying horses with potential to win. Pizzolla himself told me he thought my winning choice was "a reach". LOL.
Thxs App....

No need to use your own confidence level these days anymore

just look at odds near post time and watch for it going down..

You'll have the best confidence in the world....The Syndicates!!!

Mike
Old 05-07-2020, 06:48 AM   #82
stewball1127
Journeyman

I've been looking for a solid program to use, ever since FCR went out of business.

I was an original BLAM user. Forget what it cost but it wasn't cheap. Attended the 2009 BLAM seminar, where I met a lot of interesting folks from all over the country that had a common goal. This was I believe 2009. One thing I can say about Michael Pizzola is that he is a straight shooter. He isn't a guy that just theorizes about betting, he puts his money thru the windows.

That Saturday night he handicapped a race - I believe GGF - and he flat out nailed it. Win tickets, exactas. That one race more than paid for the entire trip. There were other very nice winners on that Sunday. The Red Rock racebook erupted in cheers. Fun day.

I met a guy that was also from No Cal and we became very good friends. After awhile he tired of BLAM and found FCR. I started using FCR and stopped using BLAM. It wasn't that BLAM wasn't any good, but the monthly cost was 5X what FCR costs. I had great success with FCR, by far the best program for the price ever. I had lots of signers and many more tickets that cashed for 3 and 4 figures. Unfortunately, they went out of business last year so back to square one.

With FCR I played often. I could look at that data and handicap a race in less than 5 minutes. I have played very sparingly since then. I use Thorograph on big race days, and have won a lot of money using that product. But that product is also cost prohibitive and is good for the better tracks, not so much for cheaper races.

So back to square one, looking for a program that I can use daily. I bought a few from RPM, and they also gave me several freebies. Here is the problem with RPM products...there is zero handicapping involved. Yes, you will get winners from time to time. But you have no idea which program to trust if you have multiple programs. They are slick marketers, but the results are far from what they claim. There is just no way you can use that stuff with any confidence. I spent a few hundred and chalked it up as lost money at the track. I cashed the $7400 P5 on LA Derby Day, so I wasn't gonna sweat a few hundred.

I bought one from this site, but it just contains so much noise its impossible to use with any confidence.

So I looked into ValueCapper, watched the 4 videos, looked at a few past YouTube handicapping videos. Unlike most people that sell software, he doesn't do 2 things:

- Promise you will get rich
- Tell you it will spit out winners.

Its made very clear that this is a tool, nothing more. Now, its an expensive tool. The first bet I made with the original BLAM I cashed for over $3,000. I pulled up a horse from below the ARC that ran under the super. Win, ex, etc.. I also picked more than my share of losers. But hunting for prices thats what happens.

As for the cost, one person said you have to win $1900 plus the $124x12 every year. The $1900 is a one time cost, thats a sunk cost. The data and forum run you $1488 per year. Bris monthly is $125 - same price as this data - other programs will run you that much and more. The monthly fee is right in line with many other data providers. Its not for a person betting twice a month. Its for a serious player willing to invest the time/energy/money to elevate their game. Its a tool, nothing more.

The cost is $1297 for those that previously purchased BLAM. I love horse racing, its my favorite hobby. Some people golf, that isn't cheap either. Others play poker, trust me there are a LOT of people that lose a lot more than the cost of data and software playing poker. I have had 2 huge days at the track, Breeders' Cup last November and the P5 I mentioned. Cashed over 40k the last 6 months. I can re-invest some of that money for this software, and see how it goes.

I'll post here from time to time and give an honest assessment of how things go. Good luck to all of you.
stewball1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 08:37 AM   #83
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewball1127 View Post
I've been looking for a solid program to use, ever since FCR went out of business.

I was an original BLAM user. Forget what it cost but it wasn't cheap. Attended the 2009 BLAM seminar, where I met a lot of interesting folks from all over the country that had a common goal. This was I believe 2009. One thing I can say about Michael Pizzola is that he is a straight shooter. He isn't a guy that just theorizes about betting, he puts his money thru the windows.

That Saturday night he handicapped a race - I believe GGF - and he flat out nailed it. Win tickets, exactas. That one race more than paid for the entire trip. There were other very nice winners on that Sunday. The Red Rock racebook erupted in cheers. Fun day.

I met a guy that was also from No Cal and we became very good friends. After awhile he tired of BLAM and found FCR. I started using FCR and stopped using BLAM. It wasn't that BLAM wasn't any good, but the monthly cost was 5X what FCR costs. I had great success with FCR, by far the best program for the price ever. I had lots of signers and many more tickets that cashed for 3 and 4 figures. Unfortunately, they went out of business last year so back to square one.

With FCR I played often. I could look at that data and handicap a race in less than 5 minutes. I have played very sparingly since then. I use Thorograph on big race days, and have won a lot of money using that product. But that product is also cost prohibitive and is good for the better tracks, not so much for cheaper races.

So back to square one, looking for a program that I can use daily. I bought a few from RPM, and they also gave me several freebies. Here is the problem with RPM products...there is zero handicapping involved. Yes, you will get winners from time to time. But you have no idea which program to trust if you have multiple programs. They are slick marketers, but the results are far from what they claim. There is just no way you can use that stuff with any confidence. I spent a few hundred and chalked it up as lost money at the track. I cashed the $7400 P5 on LA Derby Day, so I wasn't gonna sweat a few hundred.

I bought one from this site, but it just contains so much noise its impossible to use with any confidence.

So I looked into ValueCapper, watched the 4 videos, looked at a few past YouTube handicapping videos. Unlike most people that sell software, he doesn't do 2 things:

- Promise you will get rich
- Tell you it will spit out winners.

Its made very clear that this is a tool, nothing more. Now, its an expensive tool. The first bet I made with the original BLAM I cashed for over $3,000. I pulled up a horse from below the ARC that ran under the super. Win, ex, etc.. I also picked more than my share of losers. But hunting for prices thats what happens.

As for the cost, one person said you have to win $1900 plus the $124x12 every year. The $1900 is a one time cost, thats a sunk cost. The data and forum run you $1488 per year. Bris monthly is $125 - same price as this data - other programs will run you that much and more. The monthly fee is right in line with many other data providers. Its not for a person betting twice a month. Its for a serious player willing to invest the time/energy/money to elevate their game. Its a tool, nothing more.

The cost is $1297 for those that previously purchased BLAM. I love horse racing, its my favorite hobby. Some people golf, that isn't cheap either. Others play poker, trust me there are a LOT of people that lose a lot more than the cost of data and software playing poker. I have had 2 huge days at the track, Breeders' Cup last November and the P5 I mentioned. Cashed over 40k the last 6 months. I can re-invest some of that money for this software, and see how it goes.

I'll post here from time to time and give an honest assessment of how things go. Good luck to all of you.
Hi Stew...

Welcome ...

As for RPM.....you can do a search here and find out how bad they have been for maybe 20-30-40 years ...dont waste time or money there...

You mention buying one here...Can you say with one?

In the software handicapping thread , there is a list of programs that people have voted on ...that can be a good start for you...
Look at a few on their Home pages and ask questions here..
The data is about the same for each of them....
To be honest you need 3-6 months to really evaluate a program and give it an honest test.
Make sure you can get your money back if you pay for the program ( no refunds on data) and your not satisfied......make sure that if you need help that it doesnt cost you extra to rent some ones time...the developers should be more than happy to get you up to speed....and finally , the programs forums are not as helpful as you would want because no-one is going to spill the beans on a winning system...you will get basic help mostly...

Happy Hunting
Mike

If you handy with Excel maybe you want to check out ALLDATA Program...
Its a free program that imports data files and you can develop your own ideas and automate it....
Old 05-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #84
lefty359

stewball, that was a very good and informative post. Yes, let us know how you do wih ValueCapper. I do agree that Pizolla is a player and he is a straight shooter.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #85
stewball1127
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
stewball, that was a very good and informative post. Yes, let us know how you do wih ValueCapper. I do agree that Pizolla is a player and he is a straight shooter.
I will do that, probably start a thread and give updates on all of it.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:35 PM   #86
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Stewball! great post bro! keep us the loop with how everything is going! Pizzolla is definitely one of my favorite handicappers. I've based my homegrown software on a lot of his teachings!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2020, 12:57 AM   #87
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachv30 View Post
$1700??? Is this software that good to warrant that kinda price? What does it have/do to make it worth 100+ times other handicapping software. Not being a jerk here but I've never heard anyone tout about software that costs that much $$$.
Where are you getting handicapping software for $17.00 coach?
I'll buy a copy
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2020, 02:43 AM   #88
stewball1127
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure View Post
Stewball! great post bro! keep us the loop with how everything is going! Pizzolla is definitely one of my favorite handicappers. I've based my homegrown software on a lot of his teachings!
Thx buddy I will do that.

For those wondering why would it cost so much?? Its more than just getting the software, which is excellent. Its all of the videos that go along with it. Many have nothing to do with the actual handicapping process using the software, it has to do with a lot of mental stuff that is really really good.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:10 AM   #89
Appy

There ya go pard. No matter how good a tool is, it's what you know in the way of using it that makes the difference. Lots of guys might buy the best saw on the market, but some are lots better at using it than others. Those who use it very well don't have to do near as any jobs to make it all very worthwhile.
One decent $1 or $2 super can pay for the VC software. I have never paid for the full data subscription to all tracks. I deviate from Pizz on that point. I specialize in modeling and playing only certain tracks. I believe you get to know a track just like you get to know a horse. You get to where you an just feel it.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:29 AM   #90
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
There ya go pard. No matter how good a tool is, it's what you know in the way of using it that makes the difference. Lots of guys might buy the best saw on the market, but some are lots better at using it than others. Those who use it very well don't have to do near as any jobs to make it all very worthwhile.
One decent $1 or $2 super can pay for the VC software. I have never paid for the full data subscription to all tracks. I deviate from Pizz on that point. I specialize in modeling and playing only certain tracks. I believe you get to know a track just like you get to know a horse. You get to where you an just feel it.
Appy , do you model a few tracks because of the software not being able to process all races at once?

EX:

There are some programs out there that will run all of todays cards vs a custom play you developed and provide all your plays for all your tracks.

Then

There are others that only process your custom play race by race manually making it hard and time consuming to see plays at various tracks.

What does VC do?

Mike

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: