Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #16
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
he will be cleared by congress quite easily. how awesome it must be following Clinton and Kerry into that office. you could only look like the greatest prospect in the world next to those two.
He's cleared by the committee. These appointments very, very rarely get held up, going to Congress.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #17
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Have watched today, and still watching on CNN--with break for Trump's speech. I can easily see how this man rose to the top as CEO of Exxon Mobil having been with the corporation since 1975. He is brilliant. And most importantly, he is totally, completely unflappable as he's had decades of practice in the art of negotiation all over the world. Too, his demeanor is "less is more" with responses that are direct, and not to be misunderstood or misdirected. He politely made child's play out of Marco Rubio. Other Senators have seemed in awe of his manner under pressure.

I'm glad I have stock in Exxon Mobil.

I'm gonna tell you gentlemen like a friend, this is one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan. Wow.
Have watched a few hours worth the last 2 days and both men have been solid. I wanted to listen to the interactions for myself after hearing and reading so much negative left fear mongering. No doubt they have the right stuff.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 12:54 AM   #18
fast4522

Some of what is seen in these conformations are nothing more than the left making noise, but truthfully that noise will be steamrolled. Soon those who think they have the stones to go against Trump the President will feel the wrath for doing so. Sure Cory Booker and little Marco got some microphone today, and sure they will both be around for a while but sure as shooting they will be served some special sauce soon. No I am not saying the next time they eat Chinese food, but they will not enjoy it.

Last edited by fast4522; 01-12-2017 at 12:55 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 01:18 AM   #19
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
Some of what is seen in these conformations are nothing more than the left making noise, but truthfully that noise will be steamrolled. Soon those who think they have the stones to go against Trump the President will feel the wrath for doing so. Sure Cory Booker and little Marco got some microphone today, and sure they will both be around for a while but sure as shooting they will be served some special sauce soon. No I am not saying the next time they eat Chinese food, but they will not enjoy it.
What the hell does the above mean?
Old 01-12-2017, 01:42 AM   #20
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Have watched today, and still watching on CNN--with break for Trump's speech. I can easily see how this man rose to the top as CEO of Exxon Mobil having been with the corporation since 1975. He is brilliant. And most importantly, he is totally, completely unflappable as he's had decades of practice in the art of negotiation all over the world. Too, his demeanor is "less is more" with responses that are direct, and not to be misunderstood or misdirected. He politely made child's play out of Marco Rubio. Other Senators have seemed in awe of his manner under pressure.

I'm glad I have stock in Exxon Mobil.

I'm gonna tell you gentlemen like a friend, this is one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan. Wow.
I find the following disqualifying even if you don't, Grits:

It was early in the nine-hour hearing when Tillerson said he might recommend revoking President Obama’s actions punishing Russia for its cyberattack during the American election, which Tillerson acknowledged was probably approved by Putin.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) followed that with a blunt question: “Is Vladimir Putin a war criminal?”

“I would not use that term,” the Russian Order of Friendship laureate replied.

Rubio offered to “help” Tillerson reach that conclusion, describing his targeting of schools and markets in Syria that have killed thousands of civilians, and his earlier attacks on Chechnya, where he killed 300,000 civilians using cluster munitions and bombs that kill by asphyxiation. “You are still not prepared to say that Vladimir Putin and his military . . . have conducted war crimes?”

“I would want to have much more information before reaching a conclusion,” the nominee replied.

Rubio went on to ask about the broadly held view that Putin has approved the killing of “countless” opponents, dissidents and journalists.

“I do not have sufficient information to make that claim,” Tillerson replied.

“Do you think that was coincidental?” Rubio pressed.

Tillerson said “these things happen” to “people who speak up for freedom,” but he would need to know more.

Rubio was angry. “None of this is classified, Mr. Tillerson,” he said. “These people are dead.”

link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.43d891d1e69a

This may be "one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan" but I prefer somebody who I'm confident is negotiating in our behalf. Must be thousands of other candidates with less questionable motives who want the job. No?
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #21
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://mobile.twitter.com/_0Hour1__...97628542746624

Watch Washington Post reporter take surrepticeous photos of Tillerson's notes, while he is away on break
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 02:08 AM   #22
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
https://mobile.twitter.com/_0Hour1__...97628542746624

Watch Washington Post reporter take surrepticeous photos of Tillerson's notes, while he is away on break
Let's see if I've got this straight. Trump fans want the press to hack DNC computers (so the Russians don't have to!) to find and disclose all the bad stuff. But you don't want the press to take pictures of a Trump guy whose notes are sitting in the open on a table - just in case there is something bad to be found and disclose in those notes.

Got it.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:11 AM   #23
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

It was early in the nine-hour hearing when Tillerson said he might recommend revoking President Obama’s actions punishing Russia for its cyberattack during the American election, which Tillerson acknowledged was probably approved by Putin.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) followed that with a blunt question: “Is Vladimir Putin a war criminal?”

Rubio offered to “help” Tillerson reach that conclusion, describing his targeting of schools and markets in Syria that have killed thousands of civilians, and his earlier attacks on Chechnya, where he killed 300,000 civilians using cluster munitions and bombs that kill by asphyxiation. “You are still not prepared to say that Vladimir Putin and his military . . . have conducted war crimes?”

“I would want to have much more information before reaching a conclusion,” the nominee replied.

Rubio went on to ask about the broadly held view that Putin has approved the killing of “countless” opponents, dissidents and journalists.

Tillerson said “these things happen” to “people who speak up for freedom,” but he would need to know more.

Rubio was angry. “None of this is classified, Mr. Tillerson,” he said. “These people are dead.”

This may be "one strong, slow talking, easy going, sharp minded Texan" but I prefer somebody who I'm confident is negotiating in our behalf. Must be thousands of other candidates with less questionable motives who want the job. No?
He's not going to sit there with the information we all read in the newspaper and put out a decisive war plan after condemning Putin on the spot without knowing all there is to know. What is it you want? Trump and Co. get accused of having an unfit disposition and itchy trigger finger and everybody is scared but the opposition is demanding absolute action on Russia mainly because of losing an election because nothing was bandied about much when this all went down. That's crap!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 07:35 AM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh, you fell that Rubio nonsense, huh?
Old 01-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #25
Greyfox

Quote:

[I]It was early in the nine-hour hearing when Tillerson said he might recommend revoking President Obama’s actions punishing Russia for its cyberattack during the American election, which Tillerson acknowledged was probably approved by Putin.

Rubio and you NJStinks are wrong.
In an earlier century you would have hung rustlers without a trial.
Tillerson's response was what should qualify him as Secretary of State and Rubio's is one that should disqualify him from ever being President.
For Putin to be declared a war criminal, a fair trial at The Hague would have to be held.
For Rubio to want Tillerson to declare Putin a "war criminal" would be unjust and idiotic.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 10:17 AM   #26
boxcar

Quote:

Good Morning, Mr. Joiesy:

I have a few questions for you about Putin's alleged war crimes:

1. Has Obama ever condemned Putin as a war criminal?
2. Has Nurse Wratchet (Hillary) ever condemned Putin as a war criminal?
3. Has any leading Democrat ever condemned Putin as a war criminal?

Finally, an observation about the Washington Post reporter who "hacked" Tillerson's notes: You don't find it a wee bit hypocritical that the MM who has been running with the Russian hack story and condemning it has engaged in the very activity that it has been condemning? And look at yourself for that matter! You, too, have condemned the alleged Russian hacks but now run to the defense of the hypocritical reporter? Truly, you and the reporter give affirmation to what most of us have known about leftists -- that all is fair in war and love -- all is fair in the game of politics -- any end justifies the means.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #27
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar

Don't you wonder if they have done the same thing being alleged about Putin? just with the opposition forces...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #28
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Don't you wonder if they have done the same thing being alleged about Putin? just with the opposition forces...
I certainly wouldn't be shocked out of of my socks if I learned they had.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:42 AM   #29
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar

Finally, an observation about the Washington Post reporter who "hacked" Tillerson's notes: You don't find it a wee bit hypocritical that the MM who has been running with the Russian hack story and condemning it has engaged in the very activity that it has been condemning? And look at yourself for that matter! You, too, have condemned the alleged Russian hacks but now run to the defense of the hypocritical reporter? Truly, you and the reporter give affirmation to what most of us have known about leftists -- that all is fair in war and love -- all is fair in the game of politics -- any end justifies the means.
Dear I can't see the forest for the trees,

Have Obama, Clinton, or any other leading Dem ever been awarded Putin’s Order of Friendship award?

Do you or any of your other Trump fans here wonder what this upstanding Texan did to earn such an award?

Tillerson should have to jump through more hoops because of his relationship with Putin. A 5 year old can understand in seconds that this is one of the last guys we want to represent us when dealing with Putin.

Finally, no matter what the Washington Post does, conservatives will find fault. 5 year olds can detect that truth in seconds too.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #30
Greyfox

Quote:
A 5 year old can understand in seconds that this is one of the last guys we want to represent us when dealing with Putin.
So now you're advocating for 5 year olds to sit on Jury trials?
No wonder you'd hang Tillerson high no matter what his credentials.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply