Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-07-2017, 04:22 PM   #1
Teach

"The Power Behind The Throne"

In Germany, during World War I, it was Otto Von Bismarck. Later, Hideki Tojo would serve in that capacity, as did Martin Bormann in Nazi Germany. Even years later, Pol Pot would assume that role in Cambodia. What did all of these people have in common? They were: “The Power Behind The Throne”.

Yes, as we speak, there is a similar situation developing right here in America. There are those who feel that our duly-elected president, Donald Trump, is “a figurehead”. A mere “puppet” for a “Kitchen Cabinet” that is headed by the former executive chair of Breitbart News, Steve Bannon.

Fact (as opposed to an “alternative fact”): Bannon, Senior Counselor to the President, wields tremendous power. It would appear from various reliable sources that many of Trump’s early initiatives have emanated from Bannon or have, at the very least, gone through him.

Further, Bannon was recently appointed to the NSC, even as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the director of national intelligence were demoted. With regard to that National Security Council appointment, The New York Times said: “In giving Mr. Bannon an official role in national security policy making, Mr. Trump has not simply broken with tradition but has embraced the risk of politicizing national security, or giving the impression of doing so.”

Furthermore, here’s a man (Bannon) who said years ago that his goal is to "destroy the state" and "bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Well, this same man is now being handed an enormous role in shaping U.S. foreign policy.

As for further evidence of Bannon’s “Power Behind The Throne” role, less than a year ago in an article in “Vanity Fair,” Bannon referred to President Trump as just one piece of the puzzle. He added that Trump was a “blunt instrument for us.” Bannon continued, “I don’t know if he (Trump) really gets it or not.”

In conclusion, is President Trump just “A Figurehead”? Does the real “power behind the throne” reside with the President’s “Kitchen Cabinet” headed by Steve Bannon?

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #2
Greyfox

The real power behind the throne wears a skirt and it ain't Bannon or Conway.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
The real power behind the throne wears a skirt and it ain't Bannon or Conway.
Pence?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
Pence?

Doesn't Pence look like a wax figure ?

Or maybe an unfinished product of a human replica in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" ?

[YT=""]kXRIEMDkdRs[/YT]

Last edited by jk3521; 02-07-2017 at 05:43 PM.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #5
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Okay teach, Bannon is an anarchist overseeing genocide.

Let me know when they come for you, so I can speak out against this oppressive regime and its genocidal acts against teachers.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 02-07-2017 at 06:31 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 07:06 PM   #6
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach
Fact (as opposed to an “alternative fact”): Bannon, Senior Counselor to the President, wields tremendous power. It would appear from various reliable sources that many of Trump’s early initiatives have emanated from Bannon or have, at the very least, gone through him.
I just love anonymous "reliable sources". Please don't tell us who they are, it is a lot more fun trying to figure it out.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:10 PM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire

Let me know when they come for you, so I can speak out against this oppressive regime and its genocidal acts against teachers.
Mission accomplished today. The Senate confirmed Betsy DeVos as Secy of Education. All public school teachers will be in re-education camps by summer. God knows some of them need it.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
NJ Stinks

Quote:

Are you telling us that selecting Betsy DeVos to be the education secretary is good news for the vast majority of teachers in this country?

Or maybe I should just ask you what it would actually take for you to speak out against anything Don does.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:39 PM   #9
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Are you telling us that selecting Betsy DeVos to be the education secretary is good news for the vast majority of teachers in this country?
Objection, your honor, the question is irrelevant.

The proper and relevant question is whether it is good news for the students in this country.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #10
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:

Or maybe I should just ask you what it would actually take for you to speak out against anything Don does.
The subject I addressed is Teach's characterization of Bannon. If you wish to discuss what is good or not good for teachers start another thread, which I may or may not participate.

Do you think Bannon is going to commit genocide against people like Teach?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 02-07-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #11
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Objection, your honor, the question is irrelevant.

The proper and relevant question is whether it is good news for the students in this country.
Spot on
George Washington
Old 02-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #12
ArlJim78

so thanks to "reliable sources" there are now "those who feel" that Bannon could be another Pol Pot or Tojo.
Get a grip man, you're really over reaching with your daily Trump bashing not so cleverly disguised as history lessons.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #13
LottaKash

Quote:
The teachers !....What about the Children ?....

It is about them, and this country ranks something like 25th in the "world" in education....They are the one's getting screwed in the long run...

And, same old, same old, is not going to change anything... It is high time for a change, and quickly....

The children are our nation's future, and just throwing more money at the teacher's hasn't done a darn thing in bettering our children's future, for oh so many years....

We are lagging behind, big time...
Old 02-07-2017, 10:18 PM   #14
NJ Stinks

Quote:
The subject I addressed is Teach's characterization of Bannon. If you wish to discuss what is good or not good for teachers start another thread, which I may or may not participate.

Do you think Bannon is going to commit genocide against people like Teach?
I think Bannon is the kind of guy who belongs a million miles away from the White House. Just like DeVos.

I wouldn't trust either of them trying to teach any kids I know and care about personally. But you can have them influence any kids you know and care about. How does that sound?
Old 02-07-2017, 10:29 PM   #15
Jess Hawsen Arown

In the United States, it's the people. Donald Trump is the first President in history who is doing exactly the things he said he would do to be elected.

He will not kowtow to the liberal media.

We are fortunate to be alive to see he who is probably the greatest President in US history.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply