Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #91
2low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbaygent
Another nit to pick, I download single file PP's. If I scroll down on the new page to select, the column headers scroll off the screen. What day am I clicking on?? Silly little thing, but irritating.

And of course the multiple little charges to my debit/credit card, ugh.

Alternate sources(s) to comma delimited PP's? I use My own custom software, Bris PP custom generator, PaceView, TTT handicap, Pandy's pace all used on rotating daily basis...and all use single file format PP.

Of course my go to is HTR so I get their HDW stuff daily, but that doesn't import elsewhere
There is no indication that I've already downloaded a file either, so I keep having to check to see whether I'm doubling up on downloads - especially results files, which I grab throughout the day as tracks end. Not a huge thing, but just another irritant.
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 03:19 PM   #92
railbird

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill
I've been using BRIS files since 96, they've never been customer service oriented but at least they left well enough alone. They completely missed on this deal. If I had to download more than one track at a time or had another file that would work with the software I use - I'd quit their sorry asses.
Told them I won't charge my cc for ech individual PP ,but now I am stuck and I won,t pay $79 per month for 6-9 pp's a month as a weekend warrior . HELP! Where do I go for single file data.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #93
railbird

I must say very loudly BRISNET YOU S**K
Old 12-13-2016, 01:22 PM   #94
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Twinspires is good.

Obviously they had a solid and good working business relationship with BRIS. The rest?
Same company, Churchill Downs owns both of them.
SandyW is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #95
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by railbird
Told them I won't charge my cc for ech individual PP ,but now I am stuck and I won,t pay $79 per month for 6-9 pp's a month as a weekend warrior . HELP! Where do I go for single file data.
Thats the problem, there is no place to go Trackmaster sells comma delimited files, "B" files, but they contain no post positions Ive been after them for 3-4 years to add posts and they said their not changing the file
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 01:48 PM   #96
Secondbest

Just checked .postime daily sells comma delimited fiiles .looks like around 1.50 per track
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 04:35 PM   #97
agameofskill

I am so disappointed with the new site. The problems are too many to list here. They are going to lose a ton of business over this debacle, and it will have nothing to do with the consumer adapting to change. This is a major screw up.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:41 PM   #98
TexasDolly

Has anyone heard what they were trying to fix/accomplish with the update ? Personally, EVERYTHING i do is more complicated and I have yet to see one upside. It would be nice to hear from them with some sort of an explanation as to why the change. As it stands now it appears to offer nothing in the way of improvement while it offers plenty in the way of a more complicated procedure.
TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #99
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Knave
This sounds like a perfect opportunity for some new company that has PPs to figure out how to format and sell their data for download.
although it would've made a tough game even tougher, bris should've hired cj to improve and takeover their lousy figures about five years ago. if they did this they'd absolutely dominate today.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2016, 07:29 AM   #100
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDolly
Has anyone heard what they were trying to fix/accomplish with the update ? Personally, EVERYTHING i do is more complicated and I have yet to see one upside. It would be nice to hear from them with some sort of an explanation as to why the change. As it stands now it appears to offer nothing in the way of improvement while it offers plenty in the way of a more complicated procedure.
TD
Obviously, there was never an upside planned for their customers.
I bet someone's nephew needed a job and then they needed something for him to do. Surely no sane person would have implement this much of an idiot re-design.

Unless the guy in charge over there is an idiot.
Strong possibility!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #101
deathandgravity

Just baffling bad.

Having worked as a QA engineer in the past for a dotcom, I don't think anyone bothered to ask the customer what they want?
deathandgravity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2016, 01:09 PM   #102
basso

Angry redesigned brisnet mess

i've had an account for years, just called customer support in a rage
basso is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #103
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDolly
TD
On their site they say one goal was better security which I found humorous when I had to change my password because the old one was too long.

There is one upside for me. Several times a year, owing to fat fingers and aging eyes whilst using a tablet, I accidentally downloaded the wrong file. I expect this will never happen again as I am given two chances to review my order before it becomes official.

Outside of that I am indifferent to the redesign.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2016, 04:25 PM   #104
cnollfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by basso
i've had an account for years, just called customer support in a rage
What did they say?
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2016, 07:04 PM   #105
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnollfan
What did they say?
He was probably left on-hold for 30 minutes before anyone would answer his call. Had that happen to me in the past.