Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #76
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

BRIS obviously not very bright folks.
Not even enough customer-respect to answer questions, both email and here.

Time to make a switch - how can you do business with internet cretins who have no respect for their customers?
Old 12-11-2016, 10:17 AM   #77
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
My order of 7 DRF style cards for today went through with 3 cards and rejected with 4 cards. I just received a call from the credit card company saying there was fraudulent activity on my credit card because of these daily small charges for the PP files single ($.80). I can’t live with this brisnet accounting change.

I’m not happy about these changes and the way they have affected me today. Changing to Handicappers Data Warehouse for data downloads is an option for me.
That is a deal breaker for me.
Must be they need money really fast theses days - can't wait til the end of the month. Must be betting their own pathetic picks!

HDW is a reliable place - they have something BRIS does not - Quality Control.
I hope this thing seriously cuts into their business. They do not deserve loyal customers.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #78
cnollfan

I feel for the players who have programs that no longer work with the new Brisnet. For me it is just a hassle and inconvenience but one I can adjust to.

As far as I know there was zero heads-up given about changes in the offing. One day I woke up and it was all different.
cnollfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2016, 02:09 PM   #79
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Must be they need money really fast theses days - can't wait til the end of the month.
Perhaps they were getting burned too often by customers that did not have the money at the end of the month.
Before I started using BRIS I downloaded a few DRF pdf PPs, they always charged my card on a daily basis and at the time I preferred it that way. Now I am indifferent. But will I still get a refund for cancelled cards?

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #80
2low

This fiasco is exactly what I always think about whenever somebody starts a thread about relying on handicapping for a living. I would never never ever ever be able to trust what is out of my control enough to pull the trigger if I had the option. It doesn't take much for a third party to screw the whole thing up - government overstepping their bounds or service providers deciding they don't need me can take it all away in a second.

So far, I'm lucky regarding Brisnet. What I need to make my software operate is still available, though if I can find a second option for charts and files, I'll probably take the time to make sure I can work with it in case I ever need it.
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #81
mishka

Has anyone tried to find the "Custom Card" feature that lets you filter the types and conditions of races you want to download? I can't find it anywhere.
Yesterday 07:00 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have tried to find the Custom Card race finder/filter, and cannot find it anywhere on the legacy site. Nor on the newly designed site. It looks like Brisnet got rid of the custom card plan, and with it the race filter on both new and legacy sites.

However, just checked out TimeForum and they have one. Not sure if it is just for subscribers, but been wanting to check them out for awhile.

https://timeformusblog.com/2013/06/26/race-finder/
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #82
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2low
This fiasco is exactly what I always think about whenever somebody starts a thread about relying on handicapping for a living. I would never never ever ever be able to trust what is out of my control enough to pull the trigger if I had the option. It doesn't take much for a third party to screw the whole thing up - government overstepping their bounds or service providers deciding they don't need me can take it all away in a second.

So far, I'm lucky regarding Brisnet. What I need to make my software operate is still available, though if I can find a second option for charts and files, I'll probably take the time to make sure I can work with it in case I ever need it.
Obviously your solution relies on relatively thin data. Their new site is the definition of a disaster!
Old 12-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #83
2low

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaLover
Obviously your solution relies on relatively thin data. Their new site is the definition of a disaster!
Everything I need is in the multi-file race forms, the results data files and the changes files, which are still on the legacy site. As long as I have those, I'm fine. I'm nervous about the changes files since that's where my scratch info and off-turf adjustments come from.

I was planning on trying to figure out how to grab the files automatically, but I understand they saved me that work
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 02:48 AM   #84
plainolebill

I've been using BRIS files since 96, they've never been customer service oriented but at least they left well enough alone. They completely missed on this deal. If I had to download more than one track at a time or had another file that would work with the software I use - I'd quit their sorry asses.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 11:08 AM   #85
Southbaygent
TomT

Another nit to pick, I download single file PP's. If I scroll down on the new page to select, the column headers scroll off the screen. What day am I clicking on?? Silly little thing, but irritating.

And of course the multiple little charges to my debit/credit card, ugh.

Alternate sources(s) to comma delimited PP's? I use My own custom software, Bris PP custom generator, PaceView, TTT handicap, Pandy's pace all used on rotating daily basis...and all use single file format PP.

Of course my go to is HTR so I get their HDW stuff daily, but that doesn't import elsewhere
Southbaygent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #86
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Another nit to pick, I download single file PP's. If I scroll down on the new page to select, the column headers scroll off the screen. What day am I clicking on?? Silly little thing, but irritating.
Just shows the great lengths they went to to test this abortion of a website.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:23 PM   #87
Longshot

I'm still waiting on Bris to add some notation to let us know if the data files are Final Edition with the morning line. When I spoke with them last Thursday they said it would be fixed in a couple of days.

I guess it's my fault. I should have asked how many days are a couple of days.
I just assumed a couple was 2.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #88
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Three words for you all......

http://posttimedaily.com/

BRIS is not the only game in town.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:44 PM   #89
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot
I'm still waiting on Bris to add some notation to let us know if the data files are Final Edition with the morning line. When I spoke with them last Thursday they said it would be fixed in a couple of days.

I think it's fixed now. If you look at the little "sheet" icon, I think that if it's empty then it's not final. If there are a couple of lines across it, representing text, then I believe it's the final version.

Mule
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2016, 12:46 PM   #90
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot

When I downloaded on Sunday I assumed this has been fixed. The icon I clicked on to download Monday's files had two lines in them, but files for Wednesday and later did not. I assume this means those files are not final edition, but since I never download that far in advance I don't know for sure.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply