Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Kent D "play me with confidence"

Www.twitter.com/desormeauxkent

Lots of explanation of this ride from the other day.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:54 PM   #2
chenoa

Must no be racing tomorrow if Kent is on twitter throwing a fit, sure he has a water next to him too.

No justice and the sad part is the next incident/bad ride won't be far behind.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:03 PM   #3
Donttellmeshowme
Veteran

he must be lit like a firecracker
Old 11-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #4
chenoa

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151108_210838_resized.jpg (19.0 KB, 447 views)
Old 11-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #5
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

This is how Kent reacts after knowing he screwed up. I've seen this response from him a few times over the last 20 years. However, when he embarrasses himself likes this, he's fully aware of what he's saying. He's simply trying to get fired up, mark my words, I've seen him rise to the occasion and back up his big talk.....Don't worry, I'll be looking for select plays, for the next 2 weeks, with Kent aboard...$$$.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:33 AM   #6
kevb

Reading his tweets, I believe KD wants to win and tries to win (when he's not drunk). But undeniably he has a bad habit, an affliction, of easing up near the wire if he is on the lead. It's interesting that almost all of the Australian jockeys do this. I don't know if it's posturing–"look at me, I'm the best, I've got this one in the bag", or if they are deluded in thinking that if they quit urging the last 10-15 yards, they are saving something for the horses next race.

Famously, Luke Nolan almost blew Black Caviar's race at Ascot by riding the way he and almost all Aussie jockeys routinely ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSOqlEs6qo
Old 11-09-2015, 02:34 AM   #7
ultracapper

He needs to sharpen up a little. Bob Hess Jr, one of his leading supporters in SoCal, has had to take a couple from him because they were closers and KentD just wouldn't keep into them all the way to the wire. Look at Artisticdifference. KentD had him his first 2 races, gets the horse striding well in the lane, still has some ground to go at the 1/16th pole, and just lets the horse cruise home. The 2nd race was the worst. Hess took him off, puts Talamo (notorious for never saying die) up, and in the 3rd start, Talamo stays into the horse all the way and he gets his nose up at the wire. There was another Hess just recently that was a KentD off/Talamo up that Joe brought home first mount also, though I can't remember that one's name.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:36 AM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevb
Reading his tweets, I believe KD wants to win and tries to win (when he's not drunk). But undeniably he has a bad habit, an affliction, of easing up near the wire if he is on the lead. It's interesting that almost all of the Australian jockeys do this. I don't know if it's posturing–"look at me, I'm the best, I've got this one in the bag", or if they are deluded in thinking that if they quit urging the last 10-15 yards, they are saving something for the horses next race.

Famously, Luke Nolan almost blew Black Caviar's race at Ascot by riding the way he and almost all Aussie jockeys routinely ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSOqlEs6qo
I think this is right, they're riding for the owners and not the bettors and they're riding for themselves, if they save something for next time, that next time might be their mount.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:40 AM   #9
menifee

Kent is one of the most talented riders there is. Watch the 2015 Jim Dandy - that was a masterful ride on a horse that should not have beaten Frosted.

That Delmar race had nothing to do with his addiction issues and I wish people would not try to correlate the two or take cheap shots at him because of his illness.

That being said, his failure to ride through the wire has been a problem throughout his career. People who watch this game know it and he hurts gamblers and connections when he does not do it. He does not learn his lesson and the integrity game is not protected when stewards don't sanction. You cannot tolerate riders not riding at the finish.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:43 AM   #10
ultracapper

He's an outstanding rider when he's fully on his game, and Randall very well may be right that he will step it up over the next few weeks. If he has the horses over the next few weeks, I gotta think he'll make sure to get it done, as a matter of pride.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:48 AM   #11
ultracapper

The horse he screwed up on that is the subject of this thread is a nice horse. I would think it would be quite a disappointment to lose that mount, particularly over non-effort. He'd only have himself to blame. That horse will definitely make noise in the state-bred stakes program in SoCal next year.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:39 PM   #12
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
This is how Kent reacts after knowing he screwed up. I've seen this response from him a few times over the last 20 years. However, when he embarrasses himself likes this, he's fully aware of what he's saying. He's simply trying to get fired up, mark my words, I've seen him rise to the occasion and back up his big talk.....Don't worry, I'll be looking for select plays, for the next 3 weeks, with Kent aboard...$$$.
Kent strikes again for $$$$

Race#8 - Del Mar- 11/29/2015

Stormy Lucy- 1st- $132.80- 50.40- 21.20

Desormeaux K J / Moger. Jr. Ed
Old 11-29-2015, 08:06 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Kent strikes again for $$$$

Race#8 - Del Mar- 11/29/2015

Stormy Lucy- 1st- $132.80- 50.40- 21.20

Desormeaux K J / Moger. Jr. Ed
I don't believe anyone has ever accused Kent of not trying to win. It is when he clearly isn't going to win that he often packs it in early.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #14
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...=last7DaysNews

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...very-poor-ride

I guess it is a he said, he said thing.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I guess this trainer didnt know Kent's reputation before he listed him to ride?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: