Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-13-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Astounding DQ at DMR race 1 (Aug 13th)

Beyond words.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
TucsonGreyhound

Textbook DQ to me.

The had no one near him along the rail then goes out 3 lanes and just hammers the

was leading when the pounds him then goes on to lose by a nose.
TucsonGreyhound is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 05:21 PM   #3
camourous

Not sure what they saw

Last edited by camourous; 08-13-2014 at 05:24 PM.
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound
Textbook DQ to me.

The had no one near him along the rail then goes out 3 lanes and just hammers the

So you didnt really watch it is what you're saying?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
banacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound
Textbook DQ to me.

I had the to win and luckily a cover on the / exacta. I figured the was going to come down. I saw the same thing as you.. came over several lanes and slammed into the causing a loss of momentum.
Your little winning streak
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
DelMarJay

When you get these 50/50 calls that the stews probably flipped a coin, I'd rather they make no change unless the foul is clearly(which should be more like 95/5) shown.

The inconsistent results do nobody a real favor.
DelMarJay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelMarJay
When you get these 50/50 calls that the stews probably flipped a coin, I'd rather they make no change unless the foul is clearly(which should be more like 95/5) shown.

The inconsistent results do nobody a real favor.
Its not even a 50/50 call. When the 4 came out at the top of the lane, the 1 also came in, Than, the 1 lugged onto the winner the entire final 70 yards pushing him down on the fence. The bump didnt cost the 1 the race, he pushed the winner down at the wire and he still couldnt win, he had every chance while causing most of his own problems.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #8
wisconsin

Neutral onlooker here-no money riding.

The drifted in ever so slightly while at the same time the bore out hard. Then, kept drifting with the while bumping the 2 more times.

In deep stretch, they both drifted inward, but the again slammed into the hard near the finish.

Not easy, but still enough there to DQ. Sorry.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin
Neutral onlooker here-no money riding.

The drifted in ever so slightly while at the same time the bore out hard. Then, kept drifting with the while bumping the 2 more times.

In deep stretch, they both drifted inward, but the again slammed into the hard near the finish.

Not easy, but still enough there to DQ. Sorry.
You watched a different race. The 1 pushed the 4 down onto the inside the final yards, there was no "slam" at all.

As far as the 1 drifting "ever so slightly" it doesn't matter, he drifted in, so he was part of his own problem.

None of any of this "contact sport" stuff cost the 1 the race. He was lame, he wasnt game and had every shot, the jock never stopped riding, he didnt "drop back" when he was bumped and he pushed the 4 down to the rail at the end. He wasnt 'cost the race' and that is the 'standard of proof' that So Cal uses.

Well, sometimes they use it.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #10
theiman

Vic Stauffer might be able to explain the DQ. I heard he is one of the 3 Stooges, errrr, I mean Stewards, at Del Mar this week.
theiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #11
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

No problem at all with that DQ, thought it would be tough to keep the 4 up even from the pan shot. Once the head on was showed, no brainer in my opinion. Now if they left it, I could live with that because I always favor no DQ, but tough to argue against this one.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #12
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
You watched a different race. The 1 pushed the 4 down onto the inside the final yards, there was no "slam" at all.

As far as the 1 drifting "ever so slightly" it doesn't matter, he drifted in, so he was part of his own problem.

None of any of this "contact sport" stuff cost the 1 the race. He was lame, he wasnt game and had every shot, the jock never stopped riding, he didnt "drop back" when he was bumped and he pushed the 4 down to the rail at the end. He wasnt 'cost the race' and that is the 'standard of proof' that So Cal uses.

Well, sometimes they use it.
Yeah, he pushed the down inside. Oooooooooooooook. Watch it once more. They drifted in together and then the leaned out late. Sorry, we only see what we want to see. Do I like these arguable DQ's, no, but I do see why the horse came down.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #13
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Beyond words.
can you please post a link to the video. dmtc.com requires this idiotic form to "register" for access to race replays....UGH!!!!!!
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
ArlJim78

I don't agree with it. The one didn't deserve to have the stewards hand him the win. He managed to take the lead even after the so-called foul and still couldn't hold on. When two horses stagger home, neither clearly superior to the other, I don't like to see the result manipulated.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #15
RXB

I think the winner should've stayed up. I've seen worse calls, I wouldn't call it a terrible decision but I don't agree with it.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply