Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-31-2021, 09:54 AM   #76
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Corniche an obvious throw out.

Allan
A lot of people on my Twitter TL hate Corniche and are also trying to beat Gamine. That always makes me kind of skeptical that there will be any real value keying against them. They may get bet in line with their chances. I prefer being on a different island all alone, but I’m not seeing many short priced horses I hate, at least in the dirt races. I didn’t start looking at turf yet.
Old 11-01-2021, 10:36 AM   #77
LemonSoupKid

This is a great thread. I'll weigh in once I start cappin' more thoroughly tomorrow and Wednesday.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #78
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBykATRDerbyTrail
JUVY FILLY TURF: With Diamond Wow & Zain Claudette out, Haughty and Helens Well are in..
Helens Well is a pace-dependent closer, but she is a big price, and has caught my eye.
May do something like picks/picks/HW picks/picks/picks/HW at minimum wager sizes...

\
maybe use Helens Well on top of a Multi, and/or a Double or something if it's really generous. Sometimes the race falls apart and they win, and pay well, and you are holding $5 worth of gimmicks keying on the bottom only.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 11-01-2021 at 03:14 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #79
Robert Fischer
clean money

*8th Race, not 6th

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 11-01-2021 at 05:50 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2021, 09:05 AM   #80
Andy Asaro

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-02-2021 at 09:11 AM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2021, 09:49 AM   #81
Andy Asaro

Old 11-02-2021, 08:48 PM   #82
Robert Fischer
clean money

Old 11-02-2021, 11:27 PM   #83
Immortal6

Juvy turf sprint) gotta play against Averly Jane, think the “other” Ward is the better horse. The 2 Euros that make the most sense are Go Bears Go and Armor (3,6,7)

Juvy fillies) Echo Zulu is a beast, Ass man giving ride to Rosario tell me he has plenty of confidence in the horse and none in Santana. One favorite I can’t play against.

Juvy Fillies Turf) Cairo Memories with a win on the surface, should get a good trip, and looks to have some kick and fight to her. Koala Princess stretches out gets Rosario, love the breeding going a mile. Haughty will take some CB money but I think the horse is gonna be really frickin good, could be her coming out party…Chad wouldn’t enter her if he didn’t think she was ready. Lots of Euro’s to choose from in here but the best to me looks to be Mise En Scene. (2,9,11,13)

Juvenile) lots of people playing against Corniche but I don’t get it. Baffert at home here and this horse will likely clear from outside post. Can see Jack Christopher and Corniche in a tough duel for the final half mile with one but not both spitting the bit, could see some bombers underneath, but not in the win spot. (1,12/1,3,5,11,12/1,3,5,10,11,12) tri

Juvenile turf) Albahr is 6-1 on the ML and if I get anything close to that come post time I’m gonna drop a lot of cash on him. If he were guaranteed a clean trip he would be an easy single for me. Others with a realistic win shot in my book, Dakota’s Gold took advantage of a pace collapse last out but could do the same in this race by getting first jump. Tiz the Bomb is a horse I want to play against and may ultimately do so, but he is such a grinder that has faced large fields he is hard to ignore. Mackinnon is the horse for course, but hasn’t beat much, however has done it stylishly. Last out in the Zuma beach I was counting my money betting against him when he clipped heels and was checked badly in the back stretch but was so damn game he blew their doors off in the stretch (2,3,4,6)
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #84
Andy Asaro

Old 11-03-2021, 07:58 PM   #85
Andy Asaro

Old 11-04-2021, 09:30 AM   #86
Andy Asaro

He has to go from the rail or risk getting bombarded with kickback. The kickback here and at Santa Anita is really bad

Old 11-04-2021, 11:31 AM   #87
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
He has to go from the rail or risk getting bombarded with kickback. The kickback here and at Santa Anita is really bad

https://twitter.com/trifectabox/stat...50648215891978
Unless someone takes a huge leap up, imo JC is the best horse. But there's a lot of speed outside of him that is likely to be aggressive (Baffert). He certainly doesn't want to get involved in an all out duel, but he doesn't want to get buried inside with the best horse or allow someone else to control the pace.

I would come out aggressively, but I'd back off if Corniche, Pinehurst, or someone else is hell bent on the lead. Then I'd try to get outside to stalk as soon as an opportunity presents itself. You don't want to give it to Baffert, but you don't want to kill yourself either...unless you think JC is Seattle Slew....then you can just go and not worry about it .
Old 11-04-2021, 11:48 AM   #88
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Unless someone takes a huge leap up, imo JC is the best horse. But there's a lot of speed outside of him that is likely to be aggressive (Baffert). He certainly doesn't want to get involved in an all out duel, but he doesn't want to get buried inside with the best horse or allow someone else to control the pace.

I would come out aggressively, but I'd back off if Corniche, Pinehurst, or someone else is hell bent on the lead. Then I'd try to get outside to stalk as soon as an opportunity presents itself. You don't want to give it to Baffert, but you don't want to kill yourself either...unless you think JC is Seattle Slew....then you can just go and not worry about it .
Looks best on paper and they are crazy not to go out so they don't risk getting shuffled. If it was a Baffert they send for sure.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #89
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Looks best on paper and they are crazy not to go out so they don't risk getting shuffled. If it was a Baffert they send for sure.
IMO Baffert is going to send Corniche and Pinehurst for position. He'll probably try to get the lead with the one he thinks is best. I also wouldn't put it past him to try to run interference with his other two by trying to pin JC inside so he has the jump. But JC can't go insane for the lead. It's not like there are no quality closers. What's the point behind winning the battle and losing the war?

To me, ideally you want JC to be outside the leader in moderately fast fractions, put him away like he did with Gunite, and then hold the closers safe.

Normally, I might try to beat a horse like Command Performance for 2nd. He benefited from JC putting away Gunite and the other chasers in the Champagne. But he may get a similar or even better trip tomorrow especially at 2 turns and with an extra 1/16th.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-04-2021 at 12:28 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2021, 12:28 PM   #90
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
IMO Baffert is going to send Corniche and Pinehurst for position. He'll probably try to get the lead with the one he thinks is best. I also wouldn't put it past him to try to run interference with his other two by trying to pin JC inside so he has the jump. But JC can't go insane for the lead. It's not like there are no quality closers. What's the point behind winning the battle and losing the war?

To me, ideally you want to be outside the leader in moderately fast fractions, put him away like he did with Gunite, and then hold the closers safe.
Most times if a horse isn't in a battle it should be in, it loses anyway.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply