Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-06-2018, 01:56 AM   #616
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
I don't think your comprehension rises to the level of the discussion. I can't say it much simpler. This is not a Republican/Democrat issue is not injecting politics. It is pointing out that it is a scientific, health issue that is indiscriminate in its attack on the planet.
Here is you statement:
Quote:
One last thing. This isn't a Republican/Democrat issue for me.
Your quote states it is not Republican/Democrat issue for you. There are a few possibilities why you made the above-mentioned statement limited to your view of the matter. One reasonable interpretation is the implication it is a political issue and not an objective scientific issue for me.

Of course there could be other reasons why you limited your declaration to yourself, while excluding me. I am not a mind-reader. I can only interpret what people post by using the context of all their statements directed to me.

However, in context of your previous posts to me, I understood your statement to be implying the issue to be a political one for me, because earlier, in our discussion, you made a baseless political ideological comment, in post 515, regarding my viewing liberals as snowflakes and further commented that I was not sincerely seeking knowledge from you. Additionally, you have made several comments about the lack of my cognitive abilities, as you did, once again in your above comments.

Therefore, based on your current and prior observations of my reasoning abilities or lack thereof, your assumed faulty views of my opinions of a specific political ideology and, according to you, my unwillingness to learn from you, my understanding of your statement is reasonable,as well as, logical.

Did I make it simple enough for you to understand why I stated you made politics an issue with me?

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 12-06-2018 at 01:57 AM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2018, 08:24 PM   #617
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

The only thing the Climate Change People have are computer models.

No evidence, just opinions about where the Earth is going next.

Did I say they have no evidence?
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2018, 09:07 PM   #618
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post

... but what about those charts and graphs hcap keeps posting?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #619
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

According to UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change the tipping point is more than a decade away.

According to U.N panel civilization has just more than a decade to stave off climate catastrophe. http://cnnphilippines.com/world/2018...te-change.html (Updated 12:16 PM PHT Fri, December 7, 2018).

The article talks about Greenland's ice melting, as it the primary driving force in rising ocean levels, which appears to be a legitimate claim. And it seems the Arctic is warming twice as fast as the rest of the world.

Is this warming primarily by global warming driven by man?

Quote:
Although the Arctic is warming twice as fast as the rest of the world, high temperatures alone can't explain the precipitous erosion of Greenland's ice. Unseasonably warm summers appear to be abetted by microbes and algae that grow on the increasingly wet surface of the ice sheet, producing pigments that boost the ice's absorption of solar energy. Soot and dust that blow from lower latitudes and darken the ice also appear to be playing a role, as are changes in weather patterns that increasingly steer warm, moist air over the vulnerable ice..........................................

.....Researchers have yet to quantify the relative contribution of each darkener, but a third player could be the biggest driver: a bloom of algae and bacteria. The surface of the ice here is pocked with holes just wide enough for a researcher's finger. Each is filled with crystal-clear meltwater, but a dollop of black sludge darkens the bottom. Much of the sludge—known as cryoconite—is living bacteria, as the Finnish-Swedish explorer Nils A. E. Nordenskiöld suggested nearly 150 years ago. It thrives thanks to another feedback effect: Solar energy captured by the dark cryoconite helps keeps the water from freezing and deepens the cone. It also creates a favorable environment for more bacteria to grow, fueling continued melt.

....."Nobody expected the ice sheet to lose so much mass so quickly," says geophysicist Isabella Velicogna of the University of California, Irvine. "Things are happening a lot faster than we expected."..................................
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...nland-meltdown [emphasis added]
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #620
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
According to UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change the tipping point is more than a decade away.

According to U.N panel civilization has just more than a decade to stave off climate catastrophe. http://cnnphilippines.com/world/2018...te-change.html (Updated 12:16 PM PHT Fri, December 7, 2018).

The article talks about Greenland's ice melting, as it the primary driving force in rising ocean levels, which appears to be a legitimate claim. And it seems the Arctic is warming twice as fast as the rest of the world.

Is this warming primarily by global warming driven by man?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...nland-meltdown [emphasis added]
They say that because they know at that time the Earth is going to naturally start cooling itself again, like it has done millions of times before. They need to get as much money out of the white, civilized societies before the hoax is exposed as a fraud.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:45 PM   #621
sammy the sage

still going with my earlier post on this topic....poles gonna flip...all this wringing of hands about something we have NO CONTROL over means jackshit...

Old 12-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #622
woodtoo

UN Countries now pulling out of Global Compact for Safe,Orderly and Regular
Migration Pact since Monday the following countries have pulled their support"

Belgium,Hungary,Austria,Bulgaria,Czech, Republic,Poland,Estonia,Slovakia,Switzerland,Austr alia,Chili,Dominican Republic

The Dutch and Germans are under increased pressure to renege. US was the only country out of 192 members to not sign on.

These countries want to spare their citizens.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #623
steveb

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-change-stance
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2018, 07:11 PM   #624
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

According to Al Gore we're already dead.

Last edited by Buckeye; 12-18-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #625
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:

Yes I did say that!
Old 12-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #626
fast4522

Oh my, it looks like this thread is on its last gasp.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #627
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Oh my, it looks like this thread is on its last gasp.

Earth to Hcap! Hcap, are you out there? We need you down here to save a thread. Do you copy?
Old 01-18-2024, 08:43 AM   #628
davew

Quote:

They have well produced propaganda ... I just watched "An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power". Even though I disagree with much of what he says, I admit Al Gore is great at what he does. It is interesting to watch a conman charlatan make his rounds with world leaders. Backed with flashy visuals of stuff that has happened for centuries but now more readily seen with cameras and aircraft taking you to places you could not see a century ago. This is very convenient to 'record' catastrophic climate disruption.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2024, 06:23 PM   #629
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Earth to Hcap! Hcap, are you out there? We need you down here to save a thread. Do you copy?

Fred Gwynne "Sometimes, dead is better"

'
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2024, 08:10 PM   #630
jimmyb

Climate alarmists coming after rice.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2019/...ng-the-planet/
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply