Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #166
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC
That is incorrect.

I use Bris Multicaps files and am charged $59.95 per month for unlimited downloads for all tracks per month. These files can be used with the PaceView software.

That is a yearly total of $719.40 not $1820.00.

That is an outstanding deal on those Multicaps, TJ
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #167
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
That is an outstanding deal on those Multicaps, TJ

He was probably grandfathered in from the old Procaps, or whatever it was called.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #168
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
First, I already mentioned the operating expenses of PV. Some people say the data files can be had for cheaper if you get an unlimited plan. OK. They are still considerably behind me, a successful NHC player, when they start. Making up $800 or $1500 (depending who you believe on cost of unlimited PP's) on another handicapper is not easy in a contest. Almost impossible. Especially using a program created by someone who seems to have an 8th grade command of the English language.

Second, what PV does is list data from the Bris PP's. This is the same thing the Bris summary (my method) already does. In Bris summary, the data is already there for you in chronological order of various categories, many of which are not available in PV. Pandy has several systems and books based on the Bris summary which describes various methods to apply for profit using the data from the Bris summary page. My own handicapping software has been doing the same thing as PV since its inception in 2000. Listing E2,Lp, PP,etc. Any programmer can do that. Except my program actually expands on that on that basic data, PV's doesn't, that's why its $35.

Third, and this will answer your question, there actually is no system with PV. Its all over the place. Oh look, he won because highest E1,E2 or best LP. Or look, he won with best "power number". How long have these guys been playing the races? Like 2 days? The trick is to declare what factor will win BEFORE the races. That randomness has never shown to make a profit since dinosaurs ruled the world. I assume the people who posted 100 or so plays are staying with a specific angle applied to PV. My program allows me to database angles and I can tell you there is no mechanical angle that can be used as a black box and make a profit. This is why nobody using PV has been able to tell me how to make money with it. Then they have to acquiesce that it is a tool. Then back to square one as we go round and round as they start hollering again , look I had this or that. Oh really, does that work consistently....

I am an unconventional player. If I was to post 100 plays it would be to show. And it would take a while. Today I prefer my show method over my win method system from 2000. I know my show system will make a profit because I get 15% minimum profit using this method since I developed it 2years ago. I use several categories from the Bris summary to get the contenders. That takes 1 minute. That's it as far as the mechanical systematic approach.Then I only focus on these horses and actually look at their form. Now there are more rules those horses have to pass mainly on form and form cycles that cannot be completely programed, so I have to look. This is why I DL so many forms. Sometimes I cannot find one play from a whole card at one track.

Finally, there is nothing to gain for me by posting picks. Ego satisfaction is NOT my thing. In fact I know it is the most destructive factor to a gamblers ROI. If you want to pay me to put up plays I will, otherwise I get nothing for my time. If I succeeded with a good ROI, the NCG crowd will just shrug it off anyways as 'luck" or be in denial as they are right now about their losing ways. They don't want to see me post winning plays, believe me. They hate me. It's a lose, lose position for me unless I am financially compensated for a useless endeavor.
Bris PP's are free but you have to bet, so you are paying. playing 10-15 tracks , minimum 10-15 bets. Unless you're using CPD.

what did you expect from NCG? Bris has PP flaws. I use Bris files too I do so much better than their PP's. Bris Summary page is deceptive. too many N/A's. neve ran on Turf or the distance. And they impose their own rules.
their own view. Seems like NCG gives you the ability to modify the view too.
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 03:27 PM   #169
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
Bris PP's are free but you have to bet, so you are paying. playing 10-15 tracks , minimum 10-15 bets. Unless you're using CPD.

what did you expect from NCG? Bris has PP flaws. I use Bris files too I do so much better than their PP's. Bris Summary page is deceptive. too many N/A's. neve ran on Turf or the distance. And they impose their own rules.
their own view. Seems like NCG gives you the ability to modify the view too.
BRIS PPs are free in PDF format when you bet with Twin Spires, but you can't use those in software. The Single/Multi files that can be used with software are never free to my knowledge.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 03:32 PM   #170
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:
My own handicapping software has been doing the same thing as PV since its inception in 2000. Listing E2,Lp, PP,etc. Any programmer can do that. Except my program actually expands on that on that basic data, PV's doesn't, that's why its $35.

My program allows me to database angles and I can tell you there is no mechanical angle that can be used as a black box and make a profit. This is why nobody using PV has been able to tell me how to make money with it. Then they have to acquiesce that it is a tool. Then back to square one as we go round and round as they start hollering again , look I had this or that. Oh really, does that work consistently....
Would you care to post any picks from your software? you keep talking about how great it is, but you have NEVER SHOWED ONE SCREEN SHOT OF IT HANDICAPPING A RACE! you love talking a lot of $hit about other people's programs. If your software is so great, handicap a race with it! I'm really sick & tired of you talking about your wanna be software that you've NEVER PROVEN THAT YOU HAVE!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #171
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
BRIS PPs are free in PDF format when you bet with Twin Spires, but you can't use those in software. The Single/Multi files that can be used with software are never free to my knowledge.
Not free. Light bets on brisnet the only way he avoids $$, or he uses CPD, or he uses his dad's racing form.

Another thing I don't like about briss PP PDF's form is no Purse prices on claiming races. I don't like their JT stats because too easy to overlook, and I don't like their sire stats, mud turf stats. I like knowing if the Dam has foaled a stakes winner.

Last edited by ebcorde; 07-30-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #172
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde
Not free. Light bets on brisnet the only way he avoids $$, or he uses CPD, or he uses his dad's racing form.

Another thing I don't like about briss PP PDF's form is no Purse prices on claiming races. I don't like their JT stats because too easy to overlook, and I don't like their sire stats, mud turf stats. I like knowing if the Dam has foaled a stakes winner.
Maybe he uses Whobet's page.

http://www.trks2day.com/trks2day.html
MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #173
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY
Maybe he uses Whobet's page.

http://www.trks2day.com/trks2day.html

never heard of it. looks pretty good. they even have picks
Old 07-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #174
jk3521
Registered Loser

So if "Light" does use "software" , data must have to be inputted manually. Like in the old days.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 12:39 PM   #175
Light
Veteran

Quote:
I use Bris Multicaps files and am charged $59.95 per month for unlimited downloads for all tracks per month. These files can be used with the PaceView software.

That is a yearly total of $719.40 not $1820.00.
This is NOT true. I called Brisnet and asked them. They said the $1 data files are $125 a month for unlimited.

Here is the link: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/stati...age=ppdataplan

That would mean $1500 is what it would cost to run Greg's program per year.

That's because there is no $59.95 a month plan for Multicaps. Multicaps are twice as expensive as the $1 data files. They are $2. So why would they have a cheaper unlimited plan? I knew that didn't sound right. I just didn't have time to follow up on this claim till now.

The operator told me there is no bundled plan offered by Brisnet for the Multicaps. You have to pay $2 each, which would cost $3640 a year in the example I gave previously (35 PP's a week)to run Greg's program using those files.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 12:46 PM   #176
pandy

Quote:
This is NOT true. I called Brisnet and asked them. They said the $1 data files are $125 a month for unlimited.

Here is the link: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/stati...age=ppdataplan

That would mean $1500 is what it would cost to run Greg's program per year.

That's because there is no $59.95 a month plan for Multicaps. Multicaps are twice as expensive as the $1 data files. They are $2. So why would they have a cheaper unlimited plan? I knew that didn't sound right. I just didn't have time to follow up on this claim till now.

The operator told me there is no bundled plan offered by Brisnet for the Multicaps. You have to pay $2 each, which would cost $3640 a year in the example I gave previously (35 PP's a week)to run Greg's program using those files.

I believe if you used the old Procaps when they had the other website years ago, you had the option to be "grandfathered" into the old price, which was $59.95 a month.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #177
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I believe if you used the old Procaps when they had the other website years ago, you had the option to be "grandfathered" into the old price, which was $59.95 a month.
This is 100% correct, Pandy. The early poster TJC from Nevada is most certainly a long time user and is grandfathered in. The current cheapest unlimited data file package is indeed $125 per month, as Light has said. There are NO yearly unlimited data file plans available, according to the home office.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 01:46 PM   #178
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I have no reason to doubt he is grandfathered in. But to make this a defense for the cost of NCG's pp's, an offer that doesn't exist, and hasn't existed for years is clearly stretching the truth.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #179
TJC

I wasn't defending anyone or anything. I was just stating my cost, which is a fact.

I use JCapper, in case you are curious, but I have bought a copy of PaceView but have not done anything with it because I have neither the time nor the inclination to alter my handicapping and betting methods for the time being. It was a curiosity purchase because the price was reasonable, and I could afford it.

I called Brisnet today and they are no longer offering the unlimited plan that I have.

And a note to Pandy: Can your thoroughbred software use Bris Multicaps files?
TJC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #180
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC
I wasn't defending anyone or anything. I was just stating my cost, which is a fact.

I use JCapper, in case you are curious, but I have bought a copy of PaceView but have not done anything with it because I have neither the time nor the inclination to alter my handicapping and betting methods for the time being. It was a curiosity purchase because the price was reasonable, and I could afford it.

I called Brisnet today and they are no longer offering the unlimited plan that I have.

And a note to Pandy: Can your thoroughbred software use Bris Multicaps files?

My Diamond System cannot use the multicap files. However, when my new book, Power Pace Handicapping comes out, hopefully in a few weeks, it will come with a free software program that uses the bris single file and multicap files should work. I haven't tested it with multicap files yet, but I will and it should work.