Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-12-2018, 10:51 PM   #16
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Yeah, definitely a drone. I like it.
There was a helicopter following horses in the stakes races. I never saw a drone. You couldn't hear anything considering the crowd noise.

I would say the crowd reaction to the finish of the Belmont was not quite as rousing as I thought it would be.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #17
Grits

At each end of the track, going into the first turn and at the top of the stretch, there were cranes. These boom and tracking shots from above, for the most part, I believe were done by the cameras atop the cranes. The drone was not as high as the cranes, not anywhere near as high.

I saw the helicopter but I got the feeling it was for security as it is every year.

Yesterday, there was a video of the NBC control room crew. I cannot find it now (wish I could) but its a behind the scenes look at their work, which was outstanding.

Our seats were about three of four strides before the finish line, front row, second level, next to trainer/owner boxes. The roar from the crowd was deafening. It was a joy to see all of the crowd above, below on the apron, side to side. It was great, once again.

NYRA needs to work on the sound system, to better regulate it.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #18
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
At each end of the track, going into the first turn and at the top of the stretch, there were cranes. These boom and tracking shots from above, for the most part, I believe were done by the cameras atop the cranes. The drone was not as high as the cranes, not anywhere near as high.

I saw the helicopter but I got the feeling it was for security as it is every year.

Yesterday, there was a video of the NBC control room crew. I cannot find it now (wish I could) but its a behind the scenes look at their work, which was outstanding.

Our seats were about three of four strides before the finish line, front row, second level, next to trainer/owner boxes. The roar from the crowd was deafening. It was a joy to see all of the crowd above, below on the apron, side to side. It was great, once again.

NYRA needs to work on the sound system, to better regulate it.
Those sound like great seats Grits !

So happy for you to be able to have such a good view of history.
Ruffian1 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 11:33 AM   #19
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
Those sound like great seats Grits !

So happy for you to be able to have such a good view of history.

Always, always, enjoy Belmont Week. Love the place, truly do!! This is the video I spoke of earlier this past week. NBC's producers in the mobile control room. They're all over him in the stretch.

Quote:
"Maybe again?

He's got it!

Here we go, boys."
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/behi...iple-crown-win
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #20
pandy

The NBC broadcast of the Belmont stakes day also had some amazing video shots, probably from drones, of Manhattan Island. The best I've seen.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2018, 12:28 PM   #21
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
NYRA should open the piggy bank and buy one to use everyday.
Just don't let the timekeeper touch it!
They aren't that expensive.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: