Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:35 PM   #5821
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
All this is now a moot point.

The GOP will definitely deny Trump the nomination -- if he falls either 100 delegates short or even 10 short. The fix is in.

The GOP told us the fix is in just yesterday when the stupid and disingenuous Paul Ryan -- whom the GOP 'brainiacs' and most of the equally stupid media call the smartest man in politics -- said that 'only those who ran for President could be chosen as the GOP nominee'. Or words to that effect which I translate to mean, the fix is in.

So Trump comes into the convention with the most delegates but short of the required 1,237. I can't predict how many short but Trump will get f--cked over big time in Pennsylvania, for sure.

Round 1, Trump comes up short; Cruz comes up short. Trump and Cruz also come up short again in Round 2. Then the GOP says: 'enough drama, let's get down to business.'

The GOP then nominates Marco Rubio for president and John Kasich for Veep. (There's a small chance of Jeb Bush getting thrown in the chatter but I don't think so. To the GOP, Rubio is their rising star and savior).

They will justify this scam by saying that they need to win the Hispanic vote and they need to win Florida and Ohio. A Rubio-Kasich team will make all these talking points easier for the blonde leg crossers on Fox News.

Trump being a better national candidate means nothing to the GOP. Of course. They have a country to sell out. Of course.

And all those establishment types that 'endorsed' Ted Cruz of late -- Lindsay Graham, Jeb Bush, even Marco Rubio -- they will then say: 'sorry Ted, we did our best.

The GOP fan-boys on here will now chortle all day and say 'we f--cked Trump; we got him!'

The Rubio-Kasich team will lose huge in November. There will not a single serious citizen that will go along with this fraud and scam and we will stay home on Election Day. The GOP will try to make nice and say: 'We must defeat Hillary, together!' They think that we'll go back into the fold because Hillary is evil!

Trump would easily win the states that the GOP needed to win -- places like Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin and Florida. He would have had a great showing in California and he would have won New York.

There's no proof at all that Rubio even wins Florida -- he's toxic there. Kasich gets Ohio but the others are probably lost to the Hillary -- especially in Michigan, New York and Wisconsin.

The GOP will never win another national election again -- or at least in the next 25-30 years because of all this. Mark my words.

GOP (1856-2016), RIP
Are you drinking and smoking something?

If Trump doesn't win on the first ballot, he'll probably win on the second or third ballot. Let's say he falls 50 or 100 short. I think enough delegates will say, "what the hell, I'm switching over to Trump."

I can't guarantee it, but I'm willing to bet very few if any Trump delegates will switch to Cruz.

Rubio is out, and Kasich will never be vice president.

And now I hear Clinton plans on raising taxes over a trillion dollars. Trump can't get in there fast enough.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2016, 08:40 PM   #5822
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32

If Trump doesn't win on the first ballot, he'll probably win on the second or third ballot. Let's say he falls 50 or 100 short. I think enough delegates will say, "what the hell, I'm switching over to Trump."

I can't guarantee it, but I'm willing to bet very few if any Trump delegates will switch to Cruz.

And now I hear Clinton plans on raising taxes over a trillion dollars. Trump can't get in there fast enough.
finally we have someone that knows what's going on here!

Trump is something like a 1/9 shot to win the nomination. he is probably a bigger favorite right now than Hillary on the other side. the last i saw the bookmakers in London had the Democrats - $240. i think that's a great deal if you are betting on republican's this time around. the place that i respect has not had a line up for 2 months now. i suspect those shops in London are only taking short money now.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #5823
banacek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy

Trump is something like a 1/9 shot to win the nomination. he is probably a bigger favorite right now than Hillary on the other side.
If you really think he's 1-9..you've got a nice overlay!

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...ican-candidate

Now Clinton is more like 1-9..underlay I would think.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...crat-candidate
Your little winning streak
banacek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #5824
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by banacek
If you really think he's 1-9..you've got a nice overlay!

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...ican-candidate

Now Clinton is more like 1-9..underlay I would think.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/...crat-candidate
if those guys took big money to the election i would be on a plane to London with suitcases of cash. i got down already with a bad number on the republicans. but i would have no problem going in for a second helping to even things out a bit.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 PM   #5825
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It's not unfair if it was in place and known to anyone who bothered to look before this all started, which it was.

Nobody should be whining about the process at this point. It is what it is...and it's as fair and just as the people who created it want it to be. It's their right (Republican Party) to do it any way they damn please, as long as everyone has a fighting chance based on the rules in place.

There is nothing in the Constitution about the nomination process for President from political parties. They set their own rules.
Exactly what chance does someone have if they don't affiliate with one of those two parties? Zero.

So you're ok that it's an insider game and the big wig politicians and big business decide who the peons shall have to choose from. I am not. I don't consider that fair, democratic, free, or what our founders ever anticipated.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2016, 11:12 PM   #5826
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
I don't consider that fair, democratic, free, or what our founders ever anticipated.
"Fair" is a totally subjective opinion. It's democratic and free because that's what the majority of the populous allowed to happen without opposition. It's like a negative option, you have to vote against it, and few ever did.

People in a democracy get the government they deserve.

And our founders anticipated it and warned against it.

Quote:
The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism.

-- George Washington
Old 04-14-2016, 07:33 AM   #5827
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

OF the people, by the people, and in spite of the people.

Political parties and lobbyist are how the insiders make sure they get theirs and we pay for it.

As long as we allow either to continue, we can never be a great nation and we can never be really free.

All elected people are liars and cooks.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:16 AM   #5828
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32

The strongest thing I ever drink these days are espresso and annisette, plus chianti with my dinner.

Stupid of me but I forgot once again to first qualify my thoughts that I think Trump will win these primaries coming up ... but if he falls short of the 1,237 then the fix will be in.

Stupid of me but I do treat many of you people with a lot more respect than I probably should.

I guess my other 50,000 pro-Trump posts since July 2016 --including the ones of him getting screwed by the GOP-- went unnoticed by you and the other political mavens on this horse racing site.

I also guess that it was missed by you but Priebus has often said that one of 'rules' of the convention is ... if candidates (really meaning Trump and Cruz) do not win a majority on the first round or by the second ballot, then the GOP could basically preclude them from future consideration. He has said if they don't win then that this could mean the delegates could reject them from future consideration and nominate someone else besides those other candidates.

He said that. I heard that. I read that. I also heard him slightly back away from it. But I never heard him deny that couldn't happen nor wouldn't happen. His remarks may have led to all the speculation about Ryan, et al. And it is Ryan in his "Count Me Out" speech the other day that tipped his hand about the Great Ohio Screw Job possibility.

So if the Trump, Cruz delegates don't get together --which is unlikely, I agree-- don't you think that that alone will make it tougher for either one of them to secure the nomination in the 1st or 2nd ballot? I think so. Which makes my scenario much more likely than not that Trump gets the pickle... and the GOP will try to turn to a Runio-Kasich ticket.

... provided Trump doesn't lock in 1,237 first, of course. There you are, I again make the qualification for you and the other experts.

Last edited by reckless; 04-14-2016 at 08:21 AM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2016, 08:27 AM   #5829
lamboguy

this is the first time i met Trump http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...draiser-213155

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-15-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #5830
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
All elected people are liars and cooks.
Trump has a personal chef, so I don't think he'll go down this path if elected.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #5831
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
this is the first time i met Trumphttp://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/donald-trump-upscale-boston-fundraiser-213155
Was this a Chris Matthews-like moment? Oh the magic.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:28 AM   #5832
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Trump has a personal chef, so I don't think he'll go down this path if elected.
Trump! You want fries wit dat?
Old 04-14-2016, 10:08 AM   #5833
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
The strongest thing I ever drink these days are espresso and annisette, plus chianti with my dinner.
Not Sambuca?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #5834
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
I hope you're not serving liver and fava beans with that chianti.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2016, 12:41 PM   #5835
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

...a nice chianti