Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-02-2018, 12:53 PM   #16
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by River11 View Post
This is copied from CD p6 rules.

20) In the Unique Pick-6, if a single patron ends up with the only winning ticket but has more than one winning wager on that ticket, regardless of how it occurred, that patron will not be eligible for the Unique Pick-6 Jackpot carryover.
Thry have to do it this way to prevent fraud

But if both winners caused by a scratch are on the same physical ticket I think they should pay it.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #17
Poindexter

I have to side with SG4 on this. I think the public has shown they like the 20 cent pick 6. Even though it is hard to win the jackpot, we do see jackpots come down even on 20 cent pick 5's, so we know that jackpots do get hit. If I understand correctly, the takeout is 15% and in addtiion 10% is going towards carryover. So $100,000 pool, $85,000 paid out of which 10% is going to carryover to the public is getting back $76,500. Net takeout if you do not consider the jackpot is 23.5%. Isn't socal charging almost that much on it's late pick 5. Del Mar an Santa Anita charge 23.68% on their pick 6 which is the $2 variety, but of course they offer their version of a jackpot. If I am wrong about any of this feel free to correct me.

Like you I wish Churchill would just seed the pools with their own money, but I do think they are up front about their rules. If I recall correctly this carryover money came from Kentucky Derby Day, when nobody hit. So half was given to the next racing days carryover and the other half was given to seed the pools as you have highlighted.

I believe that if the carryover was twice as much on the racing day after the Derby, that there would have been significantly more bet that day resulting in a more similar payout then you believe. I haven't really charted this but in most pick 6 carryovers I have seen the takeout for the day is usually fairly similar to the carryover (thus the bigger the carryover the more that is bet). Likewise I believe a lot less with be bet Tonight with only $300,000 guaranteed then would have been bet if they were giving out the whole pool. The fact that a lone ticket gets the full jackpot might inspire some, but most will consider this a $300,000 carryover and bet accordingly.

jmo.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #18
River11
Murray KY

Find it no longer possible for me to grind out profits on win and exacta tickets and need the occasional nice hit of a pick 4,5 or 6 to keep plugging away at this game.
Love um.
River11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2018, 02:16 PM   #19
Profesor

Thumbs down

You are absolutely correct,they took our money on derby day to seed a pool for their own benefit,if they had any decency at all they would use their own money to promote a particular bet.
Profesor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2018, 02:47 PM   #20
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by River11 View Post
This is copied from CD p6 rules.

20) In the Unique Pick-6, if a single patron ends up with the only winning ticket but has more than one winning wager on that ticket, regardless of how it occurred, that patron will not be eligible for the Unique Pick-6 Jackpot carryover.

Thanks for posting that, now I've got a gripe with some of CD's jackpot wager! That should be changed immediately.

I believe Gulfstream rectified this situation in their rules where if this happened to a ticket holder they would indeed get the full jackpot. Here is the link from GP's rules, which by stating "unique wager" I believe allows a potential late scratch ticket doubling to still result in a full payoff.

http://www.gulfstreampark.com/docs/d..._.pdf?sfvrsn=0
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2018, 02:58 PM   #21
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I have to side with SG4 on this. I think the public has shown they like the 20 cent pick 6. Even though it is hard to win the jackpot, we do see jackpots come down even on 20 cent pick 5's, so we know that jackpots do get hit.

I believe that if the carryover was twice as much on the racing day after the Derby, that there would have been significantly more bet that day resulting in a more similar payout then you believe. I haven't really charted this but in most pick 6 carryovers I have seen the takeout for the day is usually fairly similar to the carryover (thus the bigger the carryover the more that is bet). Likewise I believe a lot less with be bet Tonight with only $300,000 guaranteed then would have been bet if they were giving out the whole pool. The fact that a lone ticket gets the full jackpot might inspire some, but most will consider this a $300,000 carryover and bet accordingly.

jmo.
I like the bet also, don't get me wrong on that. The simple fact of the matter is that CDI is taking money from winning tickets in one pool. Putting that money in another pool, so they can have a large pool for people to bet into, thus increasing their handle. Since the start of this pool, CDI has made over 1 million dollars more from takeout on this pool than they would have if they had not used money that should have been paid to the players.

As for the "net takeout", you figured it right, but did not add back in the $300,000.00, that CDI used to fund the pool to begin with. Brings the net takeout up, and a lot.

The players already fund 100% of the pool that they bet into, having them fund another pool with their winnings is basically theft.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 12:10 PM   #22
LemonSoupKid

I'm trying to find the rules on all of these, I see historic posts on the Paulick report and elsewhere that Gulfstream or Churchill or Pimlico, etc. will have mandatory payouts, and they seem randomly disbursed during the Spring or Summer. Is there a threshold value where they just say, ok, the pot is too large, we're going to institute a mandatory payout and start all over again?

Thanks for any insight. Obviously those seem like better days to play the horizontals, if you are interested in such bets.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply