Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 08-03-2018, 11:33 AM   #31
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
It's hard to have 20 players between him and the lead when he ended the day in 14th place.
Of course, you are right. Counting ties there are only 19.

I give 40 players a chance to still win the very prestigious trophy, out of a field of 70 something. Tiger better cut in the afterburners to have a chance........I have eaten crow again.......again.......and again. It's not bad but I still hate it.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #32
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
Of course, you are right. Counting ties there are only 19.

I give 40 players a chance to still win the very prestigious trophy, out of a field of 70 something. Tiger better cut in the afterburners to have a chance........I have eaten crow again.......again.......and again. It's not bad but I still hate it.
If Tiger can just maintain the same pace he will be well positioned for a run on Sunday. If he is at -12 after 3 rounds he should be top 5.
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #33
letswastemoney

Everyone is saying Tiger is hurt. What a terrible week for him.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #34
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Maybe next week
Old 08-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #35
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Maybe next week
Maybe.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucy-football.jpg (33.7 KB, 2 views)
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #36
lansdale

Tough weekend for Tiger. What may make matters worse is that his play was repeating a pattern from recent years when he was still dealing with back pain -- two good opening rounds, followed by two really bad ones. This hasn't been the case this year, where the third round has usually been hist best. Hope this isn't a sign that his back is again causing problems -- he still says he has no pain.

Last edited by lansdale; 08-05-2018 at 09:33 PM.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 09:48 PM   #37
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
What's it been, 10 years since he last won a major?

Did Tiger get his "soul" back yet?.....Think not.

Until he does, not much to talk about IMO.

To the person who gave me a "neg rep" for this post.....I'm doubling down after his crash and burn at his "favorite course".....#WINNING
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2018, 02:10 AM   #38
lansdale

Tiger has played pretty well at the PGA, but four off the lead looks like a bridge too far for Sunday. He'd have to shoot a 63 or thereabouts to have any real chance of a win. Many journalists saying the crowds at Belle Rive are the biggest golf crowds they've ever seen -- if Tiger can stay competitive tomorrow, they should be even bigger.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:24 PM   #39
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
Tiger has played pretty well at the PGA, but four off the lead looks like a bridge too far for Sunday. He'd have to shoot a 63 or thereabouts to have any real chance of a win. Many journalists saying the crowds at Belle Rive are the biggest golf crowds they've ever seen -- if Tiger can stay competitive tomorrow, they should be even bigger.
And, he DID stay competitive!!
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2018, 07:41 PM   #40
MutuelClerk

That was fun!!!!! Congrats Tiger. Stay healthy. Most of the players buckled when you charged, except a well deserved winner.

Don't really care much for the contrived NASCAR golf playoffs but I will be watching the Ryder Cup and how can Tiger NOT be on the team? HE'd make the team if he was healthy just because he's Tiger. But the way he;s played in the last two majors he's a lock.

Next year could really be cool. These last two majors have hopefully woken Tiger up from his slumber. I didn't see him ever winning a major again. I hope i'm wrong because it looks like Tiger is on the prowl again. Well done Eldrick. Today was a lot of fun, thank you.......
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2018, 07:44 PM   #41
anotherCAfan

I like Tiger's chances at the majors next year (Augusta for sure, Bethpage of course, Pebble Beach for sure, and why not Royal Portrush).

He is going to clean Phil's clock in the winner-take-all game they have tentatively scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend.
anotherCAfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #42
Dave Schwartz

You guys got me all fired up to watch today. He really took a run at them until that 15th hole.

I keep thinking that if he could just do something that he felt was like the old Tiger it would bring him back. Maybe something like holing an eagle on a par 5.

But he does seem to be getting closer.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2018, 10:10 PM   #43
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherCAfan View Post
He is going to clean Phil's clock in the winner-take-all game they have tentatively scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend.
Fail to understand all the love for Tiger. He was a tool when he dominated, and now that he doesn't? Well, he's still a tool so I guess he's got that going for him.

Phil vs Tiger. What's next? Barkley vs. Jordan playing 1-on-1? Or maybe HORSE? It's marketing genius sure, but puhleeze...both guys are waaay past their prime.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:37 AM   #44
lansdale

Back?

An impressive final round from Tiger, despite the loss. I posted that he'd need a 63 or so to have a shot today and he came close with a 64. Props to Koepka for handling the pressure. I've read a number of different opinions over the past few months over whether Tiger could come back or actually is back. I don't know how meaningful this all is -- what's done is done. As Thaskalos' distant relative, Heraclitus once said, 'You can't step into the same river twice'.

But FWIW, Tiger's finish today was his best in a major since 2009. He and Jordan Spieth are the current co-favorites for the 2019 Masters. I don't know if that's 'back', but it ain't bad for a supposedly washed-up golfer.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:52 AM   #45
lansdale

Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
And, he DID stay competitive!!
....and the crowds *were* huge -- apparently many millenials even climbing trees to get a look at someone they had heard much about but never seen.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: