Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #16
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Not sure why you are laughing. That was an August 16th post from last year and Trump won the election.

Looks like a brilliant statement to be honest.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 11:49 AM   #17
tundral

George papadopulous just rolled on Trump.
tundral is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 11:50 AM   #18
woodtoo

Manafort is being investigated for his workings with The Podesta Group in the year 2012. let the flipping begin.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #19
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Not sure why you are laughing. That was an August 16th post from last year and Trump won the election.
Looks like a brilliant statement to be honest.

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #20
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundral View Post
George papadopulous just rolled on Trump.
You're a real make up artist aren't you.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:55 AM   #21
tundral

Try this on

A former foreign policy advisor to Donald Trump's presidential campaign has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russians who claimed to have “thousands of emails” on Hillary Clinton, in the latest charges filed in the investigation of the Trump campaign's contacts with Russia.

George Papadopoulos, 30, of Chicago, has agreed to cooperate with the investigation led by special counsel Robert S. Mueller III, according to a plea agreement unsealed on Monday.

He pleaded guilty on Oct. 5 to making false statements to disguise his contacts with Russians whom he thought had “dirt” on Clinton, according to court papers. He was arrested in July as he got off a plane at Dulles International Airport.

After he was contacted by an unnamed Russian professor in March, Papadopoulos exchanged emails with an official in the Russian foreign ministry, court papers say. Among the topics he discussed was a possible visit by Trump to Russia.

“As mentioned we are all very excited by the possibility of a good relationship with Mr. Trump,” one Russian emailed him.

In April, after he had become an advisor to the campaign, Papadopoulos met with the Russian professor at a London hotel. The professor said he had just returned from a trip to Moscow, where he was told “the Russians had emails of Clinton.”

Papadopoulos told other leaders in the Trump campaign that he was in contact with Russians, and said there were some “interesting messages coming in from Moscow about a trip.”

An unnamed campaign official, described as a campaign “supervisor,” encouraged him to make the trip, a document reads.

Papadopoulos was one of several foreign policy advisors to Trump during his campaign.

Papadopoulos previously had served as a policy and economic advisor to Ben Carson, who notably struggled with domestic and foreign policy issues during his failed presidential run.

Before that, the 30-year-old was a consultant at a London-based oil and gas company. He’s a director at the London Centre of International Law Practice. He graduated from DePaul University in 2009.

UPDATES

7:55 a.m.: Adds additional details
Latimes
tundral is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 12:22 PM   #22
woodtoo

Breaking

Nancy Pelosi demands outside investigation after Manafort, Gates indicted by outside investigation.
Her meds were late.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:30 PM   #23
woodtoo

Putin/Rosatom = Manafort/Gates = Podesta Group = Hillary Clinton = Uranium One
Old 10-30-2017, 12:32 PM   #24
Clocker

It appears that Manafort was working with the Podesta Group as early as 2011 on behalf of Russia. Manafort and the Russians wanted the Podestas in the deal because of John Podesta's strong relationship with Hillary.

Quote:
FOX News' Tucker Carlson said he has a source who told him that the Podesta brothers and Paul Manafort are the "central figures" Robert Mueller's investigation, not President Trump. The source, Carlson said, told him about events that implicate Manafort, the Podesta brothers, Hillary Clinton and her State Department, and Russian oligarchs. The source has been interviewed by Mueller's independent investigators.

"If true," Carlson said, the story weaved by the source shows the media is focusing on the wrong Russia story.

The source tells Tucker Carlson that Paul Manafort worked extensively with the Podesta Group as far back as 2011 on behalf of Russia. Manafort's Russian associates wanted to influence Washington and sought the Podesta brothers because of their ties to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

He said then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held a meeting with the Podestas that included a representative of the Clinton Foundation that specifically was about how to assist Uranium One in a deal that reportedly netted the foundation $100 million in donations.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ler_probe.html

More on the story here:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ump_probe.html
Old 10-30-2017, 12:52 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's already been reported by CNN that this Manafort arrest has nothing to do with the 2016 Campaign...

So, unless they get him to spin a tale out of thin air, then my bet is, Teflon Don strikes again...

It's amazing to me how many times Teflon Don has been declared dead and buried, yet he goes on winning...

I'll believe it when I see it.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #26
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Putin/Rosatom = Manafort/Gates = Podesta Group = Hillary Clinton = Uranium One
yep
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #27
Burls
Veteran

I'd like to see Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Jared Kushner, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Mike Flynn, John Podesta, ... the whole lot of them in PRISON.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 01:11 PM   #28
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's already been reported by CNN that this Manafort arrest has nothing to do with the 2016 Campaign...

So, unless they get him to spin a tale out of thin air, then my bet is, Teflon Don strikes again...

It's amazing to me how many times Teflon Don has been declared dead and buried, yet he goes on winning...

I'll believe it when I see it.
I know even Lazarus was raised from the dead only once...Trump is Gotham Steel..
Old 10-30-2017, 01:24 PM   #29
BaffertsWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
I'd like to see Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Jared Kushner, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Mike Flynn, John Podesta, ... the whole lot of them in PRISON.
I wholeheartedly agree, but we know that isn't going to happen.
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2017, 01:28 PM   #30
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Just remember: Hillary's guilt does not entail Donald's innocence.
Nor does Donald's guilt entail Hillary's innocence.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: