Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-09-2017, 12:28 PM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Starving people to death is a bit cruel and unusual...the ordinary NK folk are brainwashed and dictated over...threatened and coerced...so they should be starved to death as punishment? Doesn't sound all that fair to me when you look at it from a humanitarian perspective. There are quicker ways to kill NK's if you're looking to go that route.

In any event, I don't think China is going to do anything it doesn't want to do, no matter what kind of "pressure" is put upon them. So this really isn't much of a viable or reliable option, IMO.

We have played all these games for far too long, which has resulted in what is happening now.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #32
Greyfox

Sanctions seldom work.
All they do is punish the poor while the leaders are unaffected. Cuba is a good example of that.
Kim Jong Il has to go.
The safest solution is to engineer a Palace Coup.
With the right amount of money thrown at them by the CIA, his Generals could be convinced to do that.
Anything other than that is going to lead to horrendous loss of lives.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #33
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
In any event, I don't think China is going to do anything it doesn't want to do, no matter what kind of "pressure" is put upon them. So this really isn't much of a viable or reliable option, IMO.
I have seen a lot in the media to indicate that China is not at all happy with NK having nukes. One big problem is the potential for NK nuke accidents, which would be very damaging to the area of China bordering NK.

Same problem if NK got nuked. And in either case, but especially in case of war, China would be buried with NK refugees fleeing the country. Rumors are that China has been sending more troops to the border area to beef up security and prevent any flood of refugees.

I suspect that China is putting a lot of pressure on NK, but doing it behind the scenes.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:55 PM   #34
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
[Sorry, I've been fighting like a Banshee trying to get back some of the 5K Trump cost me yesterday (and this morning) with his goddamn bullshit.]

China could starve NK to death. People want to eat. The onus has been on China for a long time now and everybody knows that. Cut off Korea's food and fuel and then they'd know the entire world was serious.

We could force China's hand by refusing to buy their products, trade tariffs etc. But obviously, China has yet to see this as the serious threat that it is.

China has to be made aware that we aren't playing games anymore.

I'm certain we all believe that Trump's remarks are just rhetoric. (And the markets overreacted, as usual, but more than normal this time. I always knew the "Korea" thing would be what sent volatility rocketing.) But he has backed himself into a corner.

Of course the alternative, from people smarter than me, is to accept the fact that NK is now a nuclear power. As unacceptable as that is, if it isn't a fact already it soon will be.

If we annihilate NK, South Korea and Toyko will probably fall.

There is no good answer, but bloviating line in the sand rhetoric just sets the world on edge, and is just another way for the attention starving Trump to put himself in the limelight.

The entire world must put pressure on China.
Your China plan is EXACTLY what PDJTrump has been doing for months,
pressuring China. Im also sure he is in constant contact with his Generals.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 01:06 PM   #35
elysiantraveller

Quote:
BTW, everyone is fretting over all the artillery lined up on the SK border. How long do you think it would take for us to take that out entirely? I'm guessing not too long, so the casualties to SK from that particular threat probably won't amount to much.
More Risk board thinking. I can give you a realistic idea in a bit but for starters this country lost 2,996 people on 9/11. South Korea is facing that in the opening 45 seconds of hostilities.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #36
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
In a 1999 interview with Tim Russert (in the good old days when the MSM still had some real journalists), Trump said that he would first negotiate with North Korea, but was open to a preemptive nuclear strike.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/08/09/flashback-heres-what-trump-told-tim-russert-in-1999-about-launching-preemptive-strike-against-nk-n2366459
I don't think he said nuke strike did he? I watched it a few days back......
Old 08-09-2017, 01:19 PM   #37
jms62
Veteran

Quote:
Starving people to death is a bit cruel and unusual...the ordinary NK folk are brainwashed and dictated over...threatened and coerced...so they should be starved to death as punishment? Doesn't sound all that fair to me when you look at it from a humanitarian perspective. There are quicker ways to kill NK's if you're looking to go that route.

We have played all these games for far too long, which has resulted in what is happening now.
Let me get this straight. You are the "War is messy guy".. Starving the enemy sure sucks it truly does. So the Gambler in you is analyzing the numbers and you choose to

1. Gamble that this nut isn't crazy enough to launch. Trust me if he doesn't he is a dead man in his country as he totally loses face.

2. Gamble Tens of millions of Lives in Korea, Maybe multiple times that in Japan and possible millions more in Hawaii on the fact that he won't be able to get any shots off cause our defenses will prohibit it. Mind you that in nuclear war they would need to work 100%, 99.9% isn't good enough and could mean tens of millions of lives lost.

I don't understand how you go from "War is Messy" to taking all the gamble so you aren't cruel to the enemy . All this in less than 2 hours.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 02:28 PM   #38
tucker6

Quote:
Yeah, we're just so clueless and dumb. We want to follow what has worked so well these past, I don't know, 20-30 years?

You know, the stuff that has gotten us to this point with NK. Let's continue using that strategy. Sanctions...coddling...maybe some bilateral talks...you know...all that good stuff that always works out.
We haven't held hands and sang songs yet, so we aren't actually at the end of diplomacy...
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 03:01 PM   #39
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Nice contribution from the queen of red herrings.

Come back and play when you can actually contribute.
C'mon...the Silver-tongued, Lying Slickster has to do something for an encore. Then he can brag again about how safe he has made the world. Heck...what is the option...the fire and brimstone Trump promised NK yesterday? I know you wouldn't want that under any circumstances, right?
Old 08-09-2017, 04:05 PM   #40
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
C'mon...the Silver-tongued, Lying Slickster has to do something for an encore. Then he can brag again about how safe he has made the world.
Since this is like the 5th time you've mentioned Bill Clinton's NK "failure" (and you're not the only one), maybe you should go over this history lesson of the major role GWB played in what we have now with NK..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rea-deal-fail/
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #41
fast4522

Quote:
There will be no nuclear war or nukes launched on either side. We have the capability to prevent that from ever happening, while at the same time thoroughly neutering NK.
Your a big boy so I will pick apart yours instead of all the other nonsense. It might not be a accurate statement, after some MOABs exposing deep targets tactical nuclear devices might be preferable to ground troops. Do not be surprised when we use a completely new weapon that is under wraps and never mentioned prior to MOABs that will reduce all ground electronics into useless connections. Because Kim Dumb Dong opened his mouth to often and mentions his first target it is logical that the next launch by this fool might result in an all in response operation. Consider this bloodline has 70 years of idiots with this last idiot raising the bar to critical, his doing. I have to agree with Tom, I think he will be very dead on his next bad move.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 04:49 PM   #42
barn32
tmrpots

Trump is at it again.

"My first order as President was to renovate and modernize our nuclear arsenal. It is now far stronger and more powerful than ever before....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 9, 2017"

These renovations and modernizations won't go into effect for ten years.

I know guys like this. They exaggerate and lie no matter what. If they're losing $200 they say it's $600. If they're in the game $400 it's $800. The truth cannot come from their lips.

http://www.investors.com/research/ib...claim-doubted/
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #43
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Your a big boy so I will pick apart yours instead of all the other nonsense. It might not be a accurate statement, after some MOABs exposing deep targets tactical nuclear devices might be preferable to ground troops. Do not be surprised when we use a completely new weapon that is under wraps and never mentioned prior to MOABs that will reduce all ground electronics into useless connections. Because Kim Dumb Dong opened his mouth to often and mentions his first target it is logical that the next launch by this fool might result in an all in response operation. Consider this bloodline has 70 years of idiots with this last idiot raising the bar to critical, his doing. I have to agree with Tom, I think he will be very dead on his next bad move.
More video game talk. MOABS are deployed by C130s. They can't go in until complete air dominance is unchallenged which at best would take a couple of days.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #44
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Since this is like the 5th time you've mentioned Bill Clinton's NK "failure" (and you're not the only one), maybe you should go over this history lesson of the major role GWB played in what we have now with NK..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rea-deal-fail/
Yeah, I know. Bush was no saint...but you know it was the Slickster who took credit in 1994 (kinda before Bush's day) for reaching an agreement with NK and making the world a safer place for it. Do you really want to revise that history?
Old 08-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #45
fast4522

elysiantraveller, do not be so certain how long anything will take. One bad move by that moron and the United States will do root canals on all NK's underground facilities, and take President Trumps wording into account because it will be very close to reality despite what you think.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: