Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #16
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey
Rajiv a new one after the derby called him out on a careless ride cutting several horses off with no respect for the other riders....... accurate as Rajiv sucks big time.
It wasn't accurate, as it was Nakatani's mount that was drifting, and tightened things up on Candy Boy with Stevens riding, who had to check when Rajiv held his ground on Wicked Strong. Stevens was wrong to lash out at Rajiv after the race.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #17
Dark Horse

I'll never forget Rajiv on Caleb's Posse. He's a good rider. Not very classy from Stevens to call him out. Compare to Napravnik who said nothing, even though Borel (on the #6 horse next to her) completely took her out of the race on #5 Bayern (a speed horse) with one of his 'Cajun' left turns out of the gate, no doubt intended for #3 California Chrome. Watch the head on view out of the gate if you haven't seen it.

As to Stevens. Riders go through hot and cold spells, much like gamblers. Among two or three riders I was down on just last year, one was called ... Espinoza.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #18
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse
I'll never forget Rajiv on Caleb's Posse. He's a good rider. Not very classy from Stevens to call him out. Compare to Napravnik who said nothing, even though Borel (on the #6 horse next to her) completely took her out of the race on #5 Bayern (a speed horse) with one of his 'Cajun' left turns out of the gate, no doubt intended for #3 California Chrome. Watch the head on view out of the gate if you haven't seen it.

As to Stevens. Riders go through hot and cold spells, much like gamblers. Among two or three riders I was down on just last year, one was called ... Espinoza.
Ring Weekend got bounced around in that melee also....took him out of his speed game.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #19
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
It wasn't accurate, as it was Nakatani's mount that was drifting, and tightened things up on Candy Boy with Stevens riding, who had to check when Rajiv held his ground on Wicked Strong. Stevens was wrong to lash out at Rajiv after the race.
Agree. Steven's should have held his tongue until he had seen the whole view of the race and not relied on his limited subjective view during the race.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2014, 04:15 PM   #20
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse

Calvin is notorious for this maneuver. He drove Gomez on Looking at Lucky coming out of the one hole into the rail. Nothing new on Calvin's part.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #21
Dark Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
Calvin is notorious for this maneuver. He drove Gomez on Looking at Lucky coming out of the one hole into the rail. Nothing new on Calvin's part.
I know. He's taken out many a big favorite that way. And it's not even mentioned in the horse racing media. He should have been DQ'd. As long as he's not, he'll continue to do it.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 PM   #22
Stillriledup
Veteran

Nice ride by Gary in the last race at SA.

Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #23
JohnGalt1

For the first time since 1998 at Del Mar Gary and his older brother Scott will ride against each other in the Met Mile on Belmont day.

Good video story on HRTV.com about the Stevens brothers.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #24
Stillriledup
Veteran

Another "nice ride" by Gary.
http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...=last7DaysNews
Old 07-10-2014, 11:30 PM   #25
Striker

He will be out for a little while

http://www.hrtv.com/videos/hrtv-excl...-knee-surgery/
Striker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 01:40 AM   #26
Stillriledup
Veteran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLs0V8T5AA
Old 10-31-2014, 02:14 AM   #27
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Watched an HRTV spot on his surgery. The fact that he is riding this week is amazing if you ask me.

Tough
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 09:02 AM   #28
Mineshaft
Veteran

no mounts since July and hes riding in the Breeders Cup?

very good jock but its like he wants to be in the limelight and wants some mounts for the BC. Selfish?
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 09:31 AM   #29
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineshaft
no mounts since July and hes riding in the Breeders Cup?

very good jock but its like he wants to be in the limelight and wants some mounts for the BC. Selfish?
C'mon, are you serious? If what you do for a living earned you the level of income that riding has, Stevens, wouldn't your goal be getting back? His total payday last year for, both, the Classic and the Distaff wins alone were staggering. .... Nah, don't think this is about selfishness and limelight.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #30
Mineshaft
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
C'mon, are you serious? If what you do for a living earned you the level of income that riding has, Stevens, wouldn't your goal be getting back? His total payday last year for, both, the Classic and the Distaff wins alone were staggering. .... Nah, don't think this is about selfishness and limelight.

Very serious
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: