Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #556
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
It's insane and dangerous and Obama can't see this .
But looking at Obama's roots, his history, and his writings before he became President, maybe it's not insane and he absolutely can see this.
That America hasn't seen his dangerous World View regarding anti- neo-colonialism has left me wondering:

Has the National IQ fallen that seriously that it would elect this man in the first place in 2008, and then to do it again in 2012?
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2015, 03:01 AM   #557
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
But looking at Obama's roots, his history, and his writings before he became President, maybe it's not insane and he absolutely can see this.
That America hasn't seen his dangerous World View regarding anti- neo-colonialism has left me wondering:

Has the National IQ fallen that seriously that it would elect this man in the first place in 2008, and then to do it again in 2012?
the Manchurian Islamic candidate becomes president, and is working on defeating ISIS but it takes time...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #558
Greyfox

In a brilliant opinion piece in the New York Post a couple of weeks ago, Michael Goodwin called for President Obama to start leading or resign.
Here are some of Goodwin's observations:

"President Obama has spent the last seven years trying to avoid the world as it is. He has put his intellect and rhetorical skills into the dishonorable service of assigning blame and fudging failure. If nuances were bombs, the Islamic State would have been destroyed years ago.

He refuses to say “Islamic terrorism,” as if that would offend the peaceful Muslims who make up the vast bulk of victims. He rejects the word “war,” even as jihadists carry out bloodthirsty attacks against Americans and innocent peoples around the world.

He shuns the mantle of global leadership that comes with the Oval Office, with an aide advancing the preposterous concept that Obama is “leading from behind.” He snubs important partners like Egypt, showers concessions on the apocalyptic mullahs of Iran, and called the Islamic State the “jayvee team” even as it was beginning to create a caliphate.

Having long ago identified American power as a problem, he continues to slash the military as the enemy expands its reach. In a globalized era, the Obama doctrine smacks of cowardly retreat and fanciful isolation.

In an accident of timing that captures his cluelessness, the president actually declared on Friday morning that the Islamic State had been “contained,” practically boasting in a TV interview that “They have not gained ground in Iraq and in Syria.”

What gall. What folly."

The full article can be read at:
http://nypost.com/2015/11/14/its-tim...-us-or-resign/
Old 11-21-2015, 12:50 PM   #559
thaskalos

Quote:
Has the National IQ fallen that seriously that it would elect this man in the first place in 2008, and then to do it again in 2012?[/b]
With the caliber of candidates available...what could you expect?

Would even a "genius" IQ find a suitable candidate in the upcoming presidential election?
Old 11-21-2015, 01:44 PM   #560
cbp
Veteran

Quote:

The public has spoken. And the Republicans on this forum STILL can't get over it. It's quite pathetic. Maybe it's the case that their candidates are the ones lacking in IQ. I mean, you can't get any worse than BUSH. Oh wait, you can.
cbp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #561
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
The public has spoken. And the Republicans on this forum STILL can't get over it. It's quite pathetic. Maybe it's the case that their candidates are the ones lacking in IQ. I mean, you can't get any worse than BUSH. Oh wait, you can.
As the welfare state grows larger and larger (from GWB's RX's drug bill to ObamaCare), Dems become more and more entrenched in power. I don't think any Republican on this forum denies this reality. Congratulations for increasing government dependency.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #562
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
As the welfare state grows larger and larger (from GWB's RX's drug bill to ObamaCare), Dems become more and more entrenched in power. I don't think any Republican on this forum denies this reality. Congratulations for increasing government dependency.
Well said.
I don't think that Democrats would deny that reality either.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #563
cbp
Veteran

Quote:
All you need to do is field a candidate that isn't a HALF WIT. Then the public will certainly see it your way. Who wouldn't want to share a viewpoint with the old, fat, WHINEY, and narrow minded?
cbp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #564
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
All you need to do is field a candidate that isn't a HALF WIT. Then the public will certainly see it your way. Who wouldn't want to share a viewpoint with the old, fat, WHINEY, and narrow minded?
Hillary and Bernie Sanders are young? Hillary and Bernie Sanders are thin?
Hillary doesn't whine? Liberals are open-mined? Absolutely, if you agree with their world view.

In any case, you didn't refute my main point about government dependence. I'm shocked.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #565
classhandicapper

Quote:
Spot on.

Warren Buffett once said (paraphrase) you should try to invest in companies that are so well positioned, even an idiot can't screw it up...because eventually an idiot will be put in charge.

He didn't put a time limit on that. We've had 16 years of idiocy and I think we are pretty close to screwing it up.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:36 PM   #566
classhandicapper

Quote:
"He seems to dig in — and why I would suppose is because he thinks he's right. He is facing formidable opposition on this particular point."
This is exactly right.

The more passionately his opposition disagrees and the greater the consensus against him, the deeper he digs in and the more he enjoys going against what everyone wants. He literally enjoys it. You can see it in face and comments.

He's childlike in ways, but he's not even a very bright child.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:39 PM   #567
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper

The more passionately his opposition disagrees and the greater the consensus against him, the deeper he digs in and the more he enjoys going against what everyone wants. He literally enjoys it. You can see it in face and comments.
He's petulant, petty and partisan. The very same qualities he is so contemptuous of in Republicans.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #568
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
Yeah, he's really lacking in IQ. He graduated from Harvard with an MBA. Next to you, that would make him a phreaking genius.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2015, 03:28 PM   #569
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
Yeah, he's really lacking in IQ. He graduated from Harvard with an MBA. Next to you, that would make him a phreaking genius.
Stick with Cruz. Bush was a legacy admit at Yale. That, along with his last name ensured the HBS admit, imo.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #570
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbp
Who wouldn't want to share a viewpoint with the old, fat, WHINEY, and narrow minded?
Bernie's not fat. And you should show some respect for a former first lady.