Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:36 AM   #5146
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Was glad to see how Mr. Trump handled the protesters last night, letting security take care of the problem without any inflammatory comments. Now we can listen to what he has to say without turning some people off by his "politically incorrect" banter. When watching the rallies, I have been turning away and losing interest at those points. Way to go , Donald.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 10:45 AM   #5147
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
If you're worried about one poster says/writes about you here...you're in THE wrong place...gotta have some THICK skin...
There's a show on TV featuring this southern swamp man named Shelby...saw it for the first time yesterday...thick skin comes naturally for him...nobody ever even think his skin is thin....an interesting cooking lady asked if Shelby eats raccoons....Shelby says, "Of course I eat raccoon! What kind of a question is that? What kind of a man doesn't eats raccoons? They are the ones ya got to worry about!".....

....So when the poster says "I haven't seen any evidence that would suggest otherwise"...regarding the completely unprecedented structural failure of Building 7....not to mention the Twin Towers....sort of gives me some pause...no evidence...My gorsch! The dern thang fell at free fall speed! What more to you need? There's no fire on earth that does that!

Not to mention all the videos showing police backing people away, saying, "it's gonna come down, it's gonna come down!" How did they know the "fire" was going to simultaneously take out all the foundational support for the entire building!

And then Silverstein's statement about making the decision to "pull it" on National TV...I mean what more do you need? So when a poster says there's NO EVIDENCE, no amount of thick skin is going to help THAT!
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #5148
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Without wanting to take a side, if you have time read, Debunking 9/11 Myths: Why Conspiracy Theories Can't Stand Up to the Facts by Popular Mechanics writer David Dunbar. This book takes each of the common theories and deconstructs them using outside experts. It hasn't convinced some of the 9-11 truthers, but it is worth a read.

The other book I'd recommend is The Looming Tower by Lawrence Wright. It won a Pulitzer Prize and examined in great detail the men who shaped the 9-11 attacks.

There are Holocaust deniers, people who believe the moon landing took place in a Hollywood sound stage, anti-vaxxers, flat earthers (rapper B.o.B), birthers, people who are promoting the idea many of the mass shootings are hoaxes perpetrated by the anti-gun crowd, and others. The trick is knowing when they have equally legitimate "facts" and when they are simply wrong.
Bringing up the Holocaust and the moon landing...I really don't find any comparison. Nobody is saying (who is sane) that 9-11 didn't happen, although I'm sure your reply will be that some fringe 9-11 wackos think it was a hologram and not a real plane. Please don't go there. That's not what I'm talking about.

I'd like to know if the book you mention delves into some of the stuff these guys talk about:

http://www.ae911truth.org/

Actually, let's carry this on another thread...this discussion has no place in this thread...there are plenty of 9-11 threads in off-topic.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 11:13 AM   #5149
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookies
"NOT FOR THAT"

"Mr. Trump liked to tell guests that the nursery rhyme-themed tiles in the room were made by a young Walt Disney. “You don’t like that, do you?” Mr. Trump would say when he caught Mr. Senecal rolling his eyes. The house historian would protest that it was not true.

“Who cares?” Mr. Trump would respond with a laugh.

CLASSIC Drumpf! There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that this blowhard carnival barker & huckster won't gin up, to attempt to gain an advantage. Everything he says needs to be fed through the bullshit, truther, machine!
Nothing makes me smile wider than Trump pissing a Canadian off.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #5150
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

STOP WITH THE 9-11 stuff in this thread. It's OFF-TOPIC. Let's find another thread or create a new one if you really want to keep talking about it.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:15 AM   #5151
woodtoo

Speaking of conspiracies did you all know that Trump supporters burned down Ferguson!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #5152
woodtoo

"All Trump has going for him is votes." reporter

Isn't that what its all about?
Old 03-15-2016, 02:22 PM   #5153
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Nothing makes me smile wider than Trump pissing a Canadian off.
I'm in great company. It would be dufficukt to find a country that doesn't think he's a complete buffoon- or far worse!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #5154
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm in great company. It would be dufficukt to find a country that doesn't think he's a complete buffoon- or far worse!
You should see what some of these countries also think about Obama. They're pretty much used to American buffoonery (or worse) after the last two presidents, so they can sleep easy and so can you.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #5155
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks to the US, Canada's prime minister hasn't much to worry about, he can spend his time cuddling pandas.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #5156
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
"All Trump has going for him is votes." reporter

Isn't that what its all about?
I think it was a G.W. Bush fundraiser and money raiser who made that idiotic statement.

Yes, woodtoo, getting the votes and being popular is what it is all about ... except ...
we're talking about the Republican Party (GOP, 1856-2016, RIP).

Many of these clowns are already on record of saying they would rather vote for Hillary or not vote at all than support Donald Trump (or Ted Cruz too).
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2016, 03:07 PM   #5157
woodtoo

RIP indeed.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #5158
woodtoo

Trump attacker (terrorist) charged in Federal court.
Things got real for Tommyboy, who foots the bill ? Soros?
Old 03-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #5159
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Thanks to the US, Canada's prime minister hasn't much to worry about, he can spend his time cuddling pandas.
They make fun of Trump, and they just elected Justin Bieber Prime Minister.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:17 PM   #5160
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless

Many of these clowns are already on record of saying they would rather vote for Hillary ...
In the context of the duopoly racket and consolidation of control and power we have willingly surrendered ourselves to, this should be one of the least surprising revelations in modern politics.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply