Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 AM   #1
COUGAR
Off The Pace

QUICKHORSE

I stumbled, by accident on to the Quickhorse site. I must admit being quite impressed. I believe it is a program that has potiential. It is kind of like Joes program in the way you can fine tune but better. There customer support is second to none and a very impressive quick db utility. They seem not to be handicappers but programers that seek advise to improve there product. You can also design your own method within there program just like Joes but again better. Anybody here using Quickhorse.???????

Cougar....... aka Turfside
COUGAR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2003, 11:25 AM   #2
Figman

I have the utmost confidence in my own "homegrown" thoroughbred methodology. That said, I do use QUICKDOG frequently, as my home simulcast site for horses is a greyhound track and my "better half" loves to bet on the greyhounds. I've reupped with QUICKDOG for four years straight as it has been that good.

Mike Groves of QUICKHORSE and QUICKDOG is every bit as consciencious of customer service and improving his programs as are other thoroughbred guys like Nathan Miserocchi or Dave Schwartz, both of whom are tops!

Mike Groves is from the State of Washington and his business is not a "mom & pop" one. He has many programmers on his staff. I heartily recommend dealing with him and in fact I'm going to take a look at QUICKHORSE myself. His self-tuning algorythmn used in QUICKDOG is just fabulous as proven by the programs consistent results.
Figman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2003, 01:55 PM   #3
Vegas1

TRY QUICK HORSE

I too am a user of QUICKHORSE and very satisfied. I have yet to use QUICKDOG but I will. I am going to be "reupping" in about a week. I have used many costly and free progrms on the market now and many that have gone by the wayside. This is indeed one of the most user friendly programs with the most useful items I have seen. Backtest and Supertune makes all the difference. It also allows the user to select their type of handicapping factors they deem the most important. I like the way the user can design their own methods and the colums to use in that method. I may be coming off sounding like the user needs a lot of computer experience. NOT SO. I agree with COUGAR and FIGMAN. Customer Service is the best I've ever seen on any product. Mike Groves is great at getting to your request and staying with it until he is able to satisfy you with the results. Top notch all the way. If you are a novice or a pro you can only improve your bottom line by subscribing to QUICKHORSE. If you are a greyhound player, as I said I haven't used QUICKDOG yet but have heard only rave reviews about it also. Did I mention the price is right.
Vegas1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2003, 05:25 PM   #4
JimG

How bout posting some contender selections in advance using the Quickhorse software so we can see how it does in live action.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2003, 08:54 PM   #5
Vegas1

Selections

Hi Jim. I was just getting started on tomorrows cards when I got your reply so I will throw a couple races out there. If it's like normal when I'm trying to "impress" I select the wrong info to hand out but here goes.
CRC Race 6 3-2-9-8
HAW Race 2 3-4-8-9
HAW Race 5 2-3-1-4
TUP Race 4 8-6-1-2
All are for 12/18/2003

They are in no peticular order of finish just the top 4 contenders in each race listed.

Vegas1
Old 12-18-2003, 06:05 PM   #6
analyzer

Quick Horse site.

Please post a link to the site for this program. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:41 PM   #7
Vegas1

QUICKHORSE LINK

You can access QUICKHORSE at:
http://business.gorge.net/jai/horses.htm
Old 12-19-2003, 12:11 AM   #8
Trysharder

Quickhorse

Agree that QH help is very good but I have never been able to show a profit with the program. Have had it over a year now. It does pick winners , just not enough. An example: Penn 12/18/2003-Out of 10 races it packed 2 winners, 3 place and 4 show. The winners paid $3.60 and $7.80. All selections were low priced. TPA did better picking one $38.20 winner but my mainstay is the old version of Powerline. Made 5 bets with it and hit 2 winners paying $4.80 and $14.20. My current ROI is $$1.57 for every $1 bet. Nicest thing about it is that it is a "black box". You just have to learn how to use it. QH may be the same but I haven't been smart enough to develop it.
Trysharder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2003, 04:00 AM   #9
trying2win

Powerline

Trysharder,

--You mentioned Powerline. Is that the old system by Steve Wolson? If it is, I'm sure Steve will be glad to see you like it.

--I noticed there is a PA member by the name of wolsons. I'm assuming that's Steve Wolson, because it says in wolsons profile, that this member is a system author.

--Probably a lot of PA members have seen Steve Wolson's many systems. What they think of them would probably be best discussed in another thread in the handicapping library forum.

Thanks,

Trying2win
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2003, 10:05 AM   #10
Trysharder

Wolson Systems

You are correct. Wolson developed the Powerline system. It is a combination of a bunch of his systems. Doubt if any of them have ever made money standing alone. What makes Powerline unique is the programming. For instance: With a couple of clicks of the mouse you can see how any one system is doing at any track in your database. You can check the odds and set upper and lower limits. I personally use the ML to check as I want to make my bets in advance . Have no intention of trying to tell about all the features since I think a lot of them are useless. Wouldn't you like to be able to ask how would you do if you bet on every 10/1 ML runner that was coming back in X number of days and other questions that would take days to do manually ? This is why I like it.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:02 AM   #11
jackad

Trysharder,
Do you have any sense of how selections made by the Powerline's black-box feature does with regard to win frequency and ROI?
Jack
jackad is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2003, 01:03 PM   #12
Vegas1

QUICKHORSE

Sorry to hear TRYSHARDER that you haven't had success with QH. I can only assume that your database is small. Also, are you continuing to use the standard QH method or have you constructed your own methods and colums. If you do this and backtest/supertune you can be pretty much assured that you have the best data going into your races. I do guess that QUICKHORSE is like everything else and that diferent people have different opinions of a product. I can only relay my personal opinions of it's abilities. I hope you can find your way out of a -ROI with QH. Have you gone to the users forum and posted your frustrations as there are users you can assist you with really turning your play around. Best of luck...............Vegas1
Old 12-19-2003, 02:13 PM   #13
Trysharder

Quickhorse and Powerline ROI

To Jakad; My experience with the black box function has not been successful. The only time I bet a selection from it is when both Win percentage and ROI only show one runner.

To Vegas 1: My QH database had around 2000 races at one time. What happens with a large data base is that your selections are dominated by favorites. I use Supertune and have did a bit of experimenting but still prefer Powerline due to its ease of use. I am in no way putting QH down. It is an excellent program. I just like another better. Currently I am trying just one track on QH and may find something yet. I am retired and have lots of time.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:52 AM   #14
modred

Trysharder

Do you have the URL for Powerline?

I am also retired recently... Nov 17th
Old 12-21-2003, 03:31 AM   #15
trying2win

Powerline

Modred,

...Sorry for cutting in here. Apologies to Trysharder, as well.

...Just in case Trysharder doesn't visit this thread for awhile, the link to the Powerline website is:

http://www.poweronlinesoftware.com/

Thanks,

Trying2win (another retiree)
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply