Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 01-11-2022, 03:42 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Echo Zulu

With no real standout colt So far how do you not point the super filly to the derby?

This horse has absolute superstar potential...
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2022, 01:07 AM   #2
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
With no real standout colt So far how do you not point the super filly to the derby?

That's what they said about Brave Raj, Meadow Star, Eliza, Silverbulletday, Surfside, Storm Flag Flying, Halfbridled, Sweet Catomine, Dreaming of Anna, Stardom Bound, Awesome Feather, My Miss Aurelia, Beholder, Dreaming of Julia and Songbird.

I think all but one (Silverbulletday) of those failed to win the Kentucky Oaks, never mind the Derby. To be fair, Surfside and Beholder did beat colts later in their careers. Actually, Beholder also beat colts with a triple digit Beyer in a sprint allowance as a 2yo, but ended up at 9-1 in the Kentucky Oaks (ran 2nd).

I know they have question marks, but aren't Corniche and Jack Christopher standout colts on either coast?
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2022, 07:27 AM   #3
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

On the other hand, her trainer managed Rachel Alexandra to a pretty successful 3yo season, beating the boys on several occasions.

I might throw a deuce at the fillies in the next Future Pool.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2022, 09:44 AM   #4
PowerUpPaynter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
That's what they said about Brave Raj, Meadow Star, Eliza, Silverbulletday, Surfside, Storm Flag Flying, Halfbridled, Sweet Catomine, Dreaming of Anna, Stardom Bound, Awesome Feather, My Miss Aurelia, Beholder, Dreaming of Julia and Songbird.

I think all but one (Silverbulletday) of those failed to win the Kentucky Oaks, never mind the Derby. To be fair, Surfside and Beholder did beat colts later in their careers. Actually, Beholder also beat colts with a triple digit Beyer in a sprint allowance as a 2yo, but ended up at 9-1 in the Kentucky Oaks (ran 2nd).

I know they have question marks, but aren't Corniche and Jack Christopher standout colts on either coast?
Maybe Jack Christopher but not Corniche, I'll never take a Quality Road colt seriously for the derby until one proves me wrong.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2022, 10:00 AM   #5
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
On the other hand, her trainer managed Rachel Alexandra to a pretty successful 3yo season, beating the boys on several occasions.

I might throw a deuce at the fillies in the next Future Pool.
Technically he only started training her after the Kentucky Oaks and while he campaigned her impressively, she was toast by September after 4 starts.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:14 AM   #6
Spalding No!

Quote:
Maybe Jack Christopher but not Corniche, I'll never take a Quality Road colt seriously for the derby until one proves me wrong.
I wouldn't have banked on Lucky Pulpit, Bodemeister, New Year's Day, Scat Daddy, Lookin at Lucky, Protonico, Flower Alley, Leroidesanimaux, Birdstone, Boundary, Our Emblem colts winning the Derby but that's the bulk of Derby winning (or first place finishing) sires since 2000.

And even Mr. Prospector got one eventually.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:16 PM   #7
classhandicapper

Quote:

I think I'd like to see a start at 3 to see if she has moved forward before thinking about that kind of jump.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:27 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I think I'd like to see a start at 3 to see if she has moved forward before thinking about that kind of jump.
Agree, and there is no point running in these low point points races anyway. If she looks better, wait until one of the 50 pointers.

Also, think the last couple years you could have been in with zero points if memory serves.

Last edited by cj; 01-13-2022 at 12:31 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2022, 07:50 PM   #9
the little guy

She would get crushed. She walked on the lead in the BC. Nice horse. At this point, she's massively overrated by some.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: