Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-25-2021, 05:27 PM   #1
delfman

done with racing!

I just can't take it anymore.
thanks dad for doing this to me.
turning me into a horseplayer.
with horses racing full of drugs
and cheating/doping whatever you want to call it.

SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME
how SAR race6, they will take down a 13-1 shot for coming in some but still was the best horse in the race

and then SAR race8 they leave up the even $ shot who clearly should have came down for coming out big time on the 2 absolutely causing him a shot at a better placing.

Drugs = might as well just pick numbers and horse names.
Stewards = are so ****ed in the head I just can't take it anymore.
There is absolutely no consistency to DQ's or deciding to leave a horse up.
and in my 40 years of playing horses, there never really was either.

Goodbye horse racing. you lost another fan.
Will just focus on sports betting and fantasy sports from now on.
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2021, 05:30 PM   #2
delfman

for someone who had a lot riding on Saratoga Chrome in the 6th, and then to watch race 8 and see them leave up Winter Pool.
I'm at a loss for words!
Old 08-25-2021, 05:59 PM   #3
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Didn't see R6, but I was flabbergasted that they left the winner up in R8. That's about the clearest case of gross interference I've ever seen. Practically stopped the dead in his tracks.

Maggie suggested that the stewards felt the was already done and wasn't cost a placing. Not sure about that, but I am sure he lost all chance at anything after being body-checked.
Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2021, 06:25 PM   #4
thaskalos

I thought these things only happened in Louisiana.
Old 08-25-2021, 06:38 PM   #5
jameegray1

When I saw the title of this thread I knew exactly what it would be about.

Neither decision did me any favour and I can just about see the argument for the Stewards' decisions. R6 the could have placed higher and so the interference did "cost him a chance of a higher placing". In R8 the ran on to finish ahead of his near rivals after interference yet many length short of the leading bunch and in my opinion probably was not cost a place. I rated the R6 5/10 chance of a DQ and R8 4/10 after watching the replays and before the stewards decisions.

There is a bigger issue of consistency across tracks. There are some tracks where they almost certainly would have both come down, and some tracks where probably neither would have.

Last edited by jameegray1; 08-25-2021 at 06:48 PM.
jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2021, 06:53 PM   #6
v j stauffer

Can someone post as many views as possible for each incident. I'd love to take a look at both of them.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:00 PM   #7
jameegray1

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Can someone post as many views as possible for each incident. I'd love to take a look at both of them.
Race 6:

Race 8:
Old 08-25-2021, 07:08 PM   #8
jameegray1

The didn't even object in R8 either so perhaps the jockey also didn't think he'd been cost a place?
Old 08-25-2021, 07:16 PM   #9
FRMNBRI

I was watching the race you were referring to regarding the clearly taking out the horse. at the OTB which showed all 4 steward angles. I think the problem is a couple things. One although it was a clear foul and the knocked the pretty bad, I think they felt the was out of gas and maybe lugging a bit. Also wasnt that a pletcher horse if i remeber correctly. I know most will say this does not happen but how often do you see big connections get taken down if the horse didnt cost the other horse a placing. Guys at the OTB all the sudden become professional stewards tossing out there opinions and everyone was saying that horse was coming down. Sure Santana might get some days for a careless ride (maybe) but if they do not deem that the horse was going to place, they most likely were not going to make a change.

With that being said I understand your frustrations 100 percent. This game is so tough just to beat even when there is no DQs, inquiries etc..
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2021, 07:23 PM   #10
thaskalos

I'm not a track steward, I'm just a lowly horseplayer...but even so, I couldn't help noticing that the maligned was gaining ground on the outside after the blatant interference. Is this what horses typically do when they are "out of gas"?

Last edited by thaskalos; 08-25-2021 at 07:24 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2021, 07:29 PM   #11
delfman

in race 6 I don't think the ever even touched the
but sure whatever it is surely possible the MIGHT have got up for 2nd by a nose.
the was the best horse in the race and gets 3rd paying 6.20 to show at over 13.5 - 1

now the 8th race the practically stopped the dead in his tracks and it's completely absurd how everyone on saratoga live was saying that there was no way that the was going to run better than 4th anyways. That's ridiculous.
Only reason they left the up is because he was odds on chalk. next two closest horses in the betting were 5-1

Absolutely without a doubt in my mind the could have been cost a better placing.

the interference caused by the in race 8 was more severe than the interference caused by the in race 6, but yet that one stays up and the other comes down.
Way to much of a judgement call on costing horses a better placing.

the type of interference and severity of interference and other factors involved should weigh as heavily as judgement calls about a horse being cost a better placing.

In all my years of horse playing it was always the chalk being left up when he should have come down, and the long shots being taken down, when they should have been left up.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:36 PM   #12
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I thought these things only happened in Louisiana.
In Louisiana, you have to pay the stewards if you want to get by with anything
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2021, 07:37 PM   #13
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
NYRA.com Saratoga Replays:
https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/racing/replays

Wed Aug 25 2021 R6

Start watching the Head On Replay at about the 1:38 mark.

Over the next few seconds #10 SARATOGA CHROME (white cap) comes in several paths under right handed urging - taking #3 WHATLOVELOOKSLIKE (multicolored black and white cap) in several paths. Eventually her rider checks after being carried in behind #8 WATERVILLE (orange cap.)

See the three thumbnail images below. The first was taken at about the 1:38 mark in the head on replay video - the second at about the 1:42 mark - and the third a second later at the 1:43 mark.

Or just go to the NYRA.com site, watch the head on replay - and feel free to make your own call.

I don't have a dog in this fight and didn't have a bet in this race.

Knowing what the rules are - based on the head on replay - I can't really fault the stewards for ruling the way they did.

-jp

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAR08252021R6-138.JPG (79.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg SAR08252021R6-142.JPG (72.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SAR08252021R6-143.JPG (76.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Jeff P; 08-25-2021 at 07:42 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2021, 07:37 PM   #14
delfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameegray1 View Post
The didn't even object in R8 either so perhaps the jockey also didn't think he'd been cost a place?
the fact Javier never claimed foul is a mute point because they posted the inquiry sign way before the horses got back to the winners circle. I mean what is he gonna say to the stewards that they can't see on video?
Old 08-25-2021, 07:39 PM   #15
westernmassbob

In race 8 the impeded horse could have very well fell down and that’s what I don’t get with the inconsistency of stewards. If the horse fell down then the favorite would have automatically been taken down. Even though that didn’t happen it mind as well have. One of the worst calls in the history of horse racing IMO. I would investigate those stewards.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: