Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 06-23-2020, 02:27 AM   #5521
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
They are not spiking in Michigan right now, your posts are inaccurate and not furthering your point.

Apology for the abbreviation typo -- should have been MS. In general, the hardest-hit spots in the northeast and Rust Belt are seeing a dramatic decline in cases and deaths, and the disease is growing in the south and west.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Below, Phoenix passed face-mask mandate three days ago, due to large surge in Covid-19 cases.

Although not include in the link, today, miles of cars were lined up in the Maryville section (or maybe suburb?) of Phoenix, waiting for up to 13 hours to get tested for Covid-19. This is exactly what it was like in NY and NJ three months ago. Not a good omen.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...onavirus-surge
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 03:09 AM   #5522
lansdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Nobody is concerned about that.

Yes it's the Typhoid Mary selfish approach: "I'm goin' about my merry way and if you are more prone to die then too bad...stay home and outa my way."

We already threw the most vulnerable people in our society to the sharks (nursing homes, long term care environment........the moneyswine felt good about passing legis. that no lawsuits can be brought.

So what if health care workers are overburdened and end up dying taking care of people who "didn't have to die"......

And everyone here refuses to look at the numbers and graphs for "excess deaths. " Start looking at those, and compare to the last 5 seasonal flu seasons. (You will get an eye opener. )

Here'es what's going to happen: IMH: the rest of the world will continue to look at our numbers, with *increasing alarm*. And this will seriously impact our economic recovery. Both domestically and internationally.

When nobody feels confident putting their top people on planes or sending them here to meet with our top people, then people will "get it". When they start boycotting our Tyson chicken and other stuff, people will "get it".

You make yourself radioactive, everyone stops playing with you.

Nobody wants to visit the USA when it's the covid-19 HOT ZONE of the world.

And they will do that with restaurants, gatherings, sporting events, business meetings, etc. as will many citizens inside our nation itself.

=============

During this time, a truly inspired forward looking leader would have had massive training programs starting up so that we can make bringing back manufacturing to the U.S. (which we found out is vital since we ran out of so many things during pandemic).......specialized skills, doing massive re-desigining of dead factories here, educating future workers.

Instead the top 1% just got richer, they are cashing in on corona.
Sorry I didn't see this before. Generally agree with all. Are we the late Roman Empire, as many believe, or we can we still turn it around? All depends on November, as we know. Thanks for your thoughtful comments.
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 03:54 AM   #5523
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Let me know when the worldwide death toll goes past 600,000.
1) Since we will not know the real number, do you have a preference:

WHO, CDC/John Hopkins, United Nations, or a median of published estimates?

2) Also, do you think that many more people initially died in China than we are being told, (I sure do), and that the death tolls in many nations are vastly underestimated for a variety of reasons? In which case the numbers are already depressed.

So are you asking for a prediction based on what we will be told? I guess you are since there is no alternative.

I'll guess sometime by Friday, July 31st.

If I were a betting person, that is.

Curious to see what dexamethasone administration will do here, and how widely it will be deployed, but no way of knowing that, also since it seems to be more effective with people already on vents and/or needing oxygen.

I'll stick with my guess though

Last edited by clicknow; 06-23-2020 at 03:59 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 07:04 AM   #5524
tucker6

Quote:

What specific "PPE" are you talking about exactly? Body coverings? I could see how those would not be necessary ..... but gloves and/or clean hands + masks seem essential. If someone has not been tested and/or is asymptomatic, how could they administer to clients w/out masks, since talking/breathing can spread droplets at distances closer than 6'.

Trying to imagine a cna or nurse going to my mom's house who is 92.
We go to people's houses that are 101. They have COPD, autoimmune disorders, and everything in between. Most of our clientele are health compromised, even the children. As to PPE, I was referring to gloves and masks, but clean uniforms help as well. We use PPE where appropriate and where requested. The point I was trying to make is that the virus isn't as contagious as you are envisioning. It is contagious and more so than the flu, but my point is that wearing masks 24/7 isn't necessary. The "droplets in the air" has become a mythical thing. Casual conversation produces far fewer droplets than you might imagine versus screaming and coughing/sneezing.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 10:09 AM   #5525
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansdale View Post
Apology for the abbreviation typo -- should have been MS. In general, the hardest-hit spots in the northeast and Rust Belt are seeing a dramatic decline in cases and deaths, and the disease is growing in the south and west.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rus-cases.html

Below, Phoenix passed face-mask mandate three days ago, due to large surge in Covid-19 cases.

Although not include in the link, today, miles of cars were lined up in the Maryville section (or maybe suburb?) of Phoenix, waiting for up to 13 hours to get tested for Covid-19. This is exactly what it was like in NY and NJ three months ago. Not a good omen.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...onavirus-surge
I would argue it is moving from the most dense and traveled northeast to the southwest in an natural progression.

What I find more interesting, and something you have not addressed, is that the death rates seems to be lower at this point as time has passed. This is not a political point but something I find statistically curious.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #5526
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
1) Since we will not know the real number, do you have a preference:

WHO, CDC/John Hopkins, United Nations, or a median of published estimates?

2) Also, do you think that many more people initially died in China than we are being told, (I sure do), and that the death tolls in many nations are vastly underestimated for a variety of reasons? In which case the numbers are already depressed.

So are you asking for a prediction based on what we will be told? I guess you are since there is no alternative.

I'll guess sometime by Friday, July 31st.

If I were a betting person, that is.

Curious to see what dexamethasone administration will do here, and how widely it will be deployed, but no way of knowing that, also since it seems to be more effective with people already on vents and/or needing oxygen.

I'll stick with my guess though
Why must you try so hard to make this so complicated?

There are certainly a myriad of errors in reporting/recording. Flu deaths are estimated...COVID deaths are inflated...deflated...whatever the flating of the day happens to be...vaccine for flu...no vaccine for COVID...so much potential for error in both numbers, they probably all cancel each other out in the end.

But one thing is simple.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:04 AM   #5527
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Apparently more than one is simple......
Old 06-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #5528
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

COVID has been lied about by so many.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg who.jpeg (72.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg trump grass.jpg (61.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-23-2020, 11:23 AM   #5529
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Back to whether Trump was joking about telling his people to slowdown testing. About an hour ago, he was asked by CBS News if he was kidding when he made the comments.

His response: "I don't kid."
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 11:23 AM   #5530
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
COVID has been lied about by so many.....
The pandemic deniers here have don a bang up job. Take a bow.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:30 AM   #5531
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The pandemic deniers here have don a bang up job. Take a bow.
The only deniers on here are those thinking lock downs were implemented to stop people from ever catching the virus.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:41 AM   #5532
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
Back to whether Trump was joking about telling his people to slowdown testing. About an hour ago, he was asked by CBS News if he was kidding when he made the comments.

His response: "I don't kid."
Yes, but he was just kidding when he said that!
Old 06-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #5533
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The only deniers on here are those thinking lock downs were implemented to stop people from ever catching the virus.
Of course how could I?

I forgot, the Bilderbergers and the Illuminati. I have no doubt "Q"anon is in there someplace.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #5534
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Of course how could I?

I forgot, the Bilderbergers and the Illuminati. I have no doubt "Q"anon is in there someplace.
So the lock downs were implemented to stop people from EVER catching the virus?

That's what you're going with? Because that's what I wrote.
Old 06-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #5535
FantasticDan
gelding

Because they make you look silly is not a reason to delete someone's post.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply