Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-04-2014, 08:15 PM   #16
comet52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballscalls
We're not disagreeing at all on what should have been done. Your bank is better than mine. The look I get from the teller who wants to close out their till at 4:58 is not a pleasant one LOL

the term "the industry" drives me nuts in these conversations. Because each track is such a different entity. I know me personally, I can only control my one job at my one track. And it's frustrating when you're lumped in as "the industry" when someone at another track screws up.
Well I get what you're saying but horseracing shenanigans are so widespread that "industry" is just code for "those crooks" in many cases. Sorry but it's true.

And if the industry had a much better reputation and wasn't causing you to be labeled guilty by assocation, we could in turn expect that part of that better rep would be maintaining standards of transparency and accountability that this situation clearly fails to.
comet52 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #17
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet52
Well I get what you're saying but horseracing shenanigans are so widespread that "industry" is just code for "those crooks" in many cases. Sorry but it's true.

And if the industry had a much better reputation and wasn't causing you to be labeled guilty by assocation, we could in turn expect that part of that better rep would be maintaining standards of transparency and accountability that this situation clearly fails to.
I talked to Jeff just now. He said that indeed the equipment does get moved to Keeneland. It's American Teletimer who owns the equipment and they came and got the equipment the day after Turfway's meet was over.

Jeff said the picture was indeed sent to TV as it always is. He said he thought it was shown and that often people will miss because sometimes TV only shows it for a couple seconds. If it wasn't shown, then the TV folks didn't show it at their discretion and that it's unacceptable for them not to show them.

He said he's already talked with the folks at Keeneland who are arranging to have the photo sent to you. He said he's aware of your emails and he's going to get it to Sherrie who is their communications person as soon as he gets the picture.

Last edited by jballscalls; 04-04-2014 at 09:43 PM.
jballscalls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #18
JustRalph
Just another Facist

looks like a winner to me

Even his shadow wins, and they aren't at the actual line yet

But they should have posted a photo

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.1 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by JustRalph; 04-04-2014 at 10:18 PM.
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
comet52

Update: TP sent me the photo. Thanks to Sherry and Jeff for their help on this and whoever does video at TP ought to be putting up the win photo on every close race as JB said.

I put the image of the photo in here but like all things non text on this site, it doesn't work unless the moderator does it, I guess.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-07-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It would work if you actually provided a valid link
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #21
tanner12oz

I never got anything from oaklawn regarding my photo inquiry...be glad you got something....imo EVERY single photo should be posted online..
very easy very simple. Would take someone 20 mins a week max
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #22
comet52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
It would work if you actually provided a valid link
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #23
Milkshaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz
I never got anything from oaklawn regarding my photo inquiry...be glad you got something....imo EVERY single photo should be posted online..very easy very simple. Would take someone 20 mins a week max
Ever read the Family Circus comic strip?

They have little "invisible" child characters named Not Me and Ida Know who pop up as being "responsible" when one of the bratty kids breaks something or when Mommy or Daddy are mad because Billy, Dolly or Jeffy didn't do their chores.

I swear that every single racetrack is infested with similar adult characters who are largely "responsible" for customer service.

Their names are "That's Not My Job" and "Hold On I'll Transfer You."

I'm sure you have spoken to them if you have ever tried to contact a racetrack about something simple that benefits horseplayers.
Milkshaker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2014, 02:55 AM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Interesting take on reality.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #25
comet52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Interesting take on reality.
Where did you get the pic from?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #26
comet52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkshaker
Ever read the Family Circus comic strip?

They have little "invisible" child characters named Not Me and Ida Know who pop up as being "responsible" when one of the bratty kids breaks something or when Mommy or Daddy are mad because Billy, Dolly or Jeffy didn't do their chores.

I swear that every single racetrack is infested with similar adult characters who are largely "responsible" for customer service.

Their names are "That's Not My Job" and "Hold On I'll Transfer You."

I'm sure you have spoken to them if you have ever tried to contact a racetrack about something simple that benefits horseplayers.
I'll give Sherry at TP credit, she got the info. The guys at Oaklawn produced a spokesperson who said "trust us" because apparently that's a lot more cost effective (or something) than producing a photograph!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:24 AM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Where did you get the pic from?
From your link, only I added the actual pic file name because I right-clicked on the photo and got the actual link.

The link you posted didn't work because it didn't include the picture file name. Your link was to the web page with the picture on it, not to the picture itself. That's why it didn't show up.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #28
jballscalls

Quote:
I'll give Sherry at TP credit, she got the info. The guys at Oaklawn produced a spokesperson who said "trust us" because apparently that's a lot more cost effective (or something) than producing a photograph!
Turfway eliminated Sherry's position yesterday and she was let go. I've met her on several occasions and she was always very easy to work with and be around. Sad to hear.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #29
DeanT

Sad news about Sherry. She was very passionate about Turfway Park and tried hard. She was one of the people in racing who responded to our requests with alacrity over the years on behalf of horseplayers.
DeanT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply