Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-03-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

TVG Analysts ROI on recommended tickets.

Its 2014, its time for TVG to keep track of these ROI's and make them available to horseplayers.....its time for them to be more transparent, they are going to start accepting common pool wagers from Hong Kong, so they will assuredly acquire a few new customers because of this, so the time is now to start tracking the bets that they release.

Its time.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #2
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Yeah, this is a really big issue that needs to be addressed. I'm sure they're all over it.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
SandyW

You must be kidding.

SandyW is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #4
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

It would be easy for you to compile these stats. All you have to do is get a group of people that collectively record all their recommended tickets and post them online. A simple thing to accomplish.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #5
Fingal

If one really wants to compare selectors or networks, then someone like Jeff Siegel, Kurt Hoover & the rest on HRTV need to be tracked too.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #6
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
It would be easy for you to compile these stats. All you have to do is get a group of people that collectively record all their recommended tickets and post them online. A simple thing to accomplish.
Nice idea if someone has the time.
HostROI.com or something like that...track each hosts posted tickets for TVG and HRTV.
Before long I bet we would see a change in the way their hosts post tickets
Old 04-03-2014, 01:17 PM   #7
Robert Fischer
clean money

The opening of Hong Kong pools is a whole hell of a lot more interesting than what some TVG announcer does does on his public picks.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
Nice idea if someone has the time.
HostROI.com or something like that...track each hosts posted tickets for TVG and HRTV.
Before long I bet we would see a change in the way their hosts post tickets
You would think that if the analysts were winners, or at least breaking even on their recommended plays, networks would stick up those ROI's up there for all to see. Does the deafening silence mean that all their analysts are in the red?
Old 04-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #9
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
You would think that if the analysts were winners, or at least breaking even on their recommended plays, networks would stick up those ROI's up there for all to see. Does the deafening silence mean that all their analysts are in the red?
I'd love to have seen what the ROI's were for the poker guys during the boom on TV. You think they'd have shown TJ Cloutier losing all his money at craps?
Old 04-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
redshift1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
No research necessary the hosts/handicappers give picks for all the races on their shifts, a recipe for certain negative ROI. What successful handicapper bets every race?
redshift1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 06:33 PM   #11
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshift1
No research necessary the hosts/handicappers give picks for all the races on their shifts, a recipe for certain negative ROI. What successful handicapper bets every race?
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=71604

They never skip, even for "good will" they never say "too tough a sequence, lets pass".

I saw one analyst "recommend" a Pentafecta or superfecta into a 20 horse field at Hong Kong where the super/Penta pool couldnt have been more than 10k and yet, there it was, an incredibly bad investment, but the 'expert' didnt seem to know that you shouldnt bet supers/pentas in extremely large fields if the pool sizes are really small.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #12
Marshall Bennett

TVG's analyst are required to construct tickets on a variety of races and tracks. I'm quite sure many of them they might prefer to pass on. Could be there's only one race in an entire day they'd consider betting.
That said, obviously their ROI isn't going to be a fair measure of their real ability having not been able to pick which races to wager on.
Match your wits ticket for ticket for a couple weeks with them and see how easy it is. I'd really like to know.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #13
olddaddy

Does an ROI really matter on paper picks?
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
TVG's analyst are required to construct tickets on a variety of races and tracks. I'm quite sure many of them they might prefer to pass on. Could be there's only one race in an entire day they'd consider betting.
That said, obviously their ROI isn't going to be a fair measure of their real ability having not been able to pick which races to wager on.
Match your wits ticket for ticket for a couple weeks with them and see how easy it is. I'd really like to know.
They have the option of saying no, i won't compromise my principles so i won't release tickets on races that i'd otherwise skip.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #15
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
They have the option of saying no, i won't compromise my principles so i won't release tickets on races that i'd otherwise skip.
When your job consists of you making pick 4 tickets whether you actually play them or not let us know. It's what they get paid to do and also analyze races. If you were getting paid to do what they do, I'm sure you would feel differently.