Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-16-2019, 09:33 PM   #1
Actor
Librocubicularist

I have to agree with this guy

"It's not a sporting event... I want overwhelming fire power." I don't necessarily agree with a policy of hiring these guys, but if that's what you are going to do, do it right.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #2
Clocker

TLI: too little information. Didn't bother to click further into the link.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
TLI: too little information. Didn't bother to click further into the link.
Maybe, had you clicked on the 'video' you might have gotten all the information that was necessary to form an opinion, rather than yet another nuisance criticism.

BTW, not meaning to be critical , but an acronym usually follows what it means...don'tcha know?

Liberal attitude petticoats always seem to be showing.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 10:58 PM   #4
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Maybe, had you clicked on the 'video' you might have gotten all the information that was necessary to form an opinion, rather than yet another nuisance criticism.

BTW, not meaning to be critical , but an acronym usually follows what it means...don'tcha know?

Exactly, I wanted to wait for a few responders before posting.
First I have no problem with a teacher who does the CCW for personal protection. But I don't want to arm a bunch of teachers who are not gun people to begin with. In Actors post of the video it shows a school administrator who wanted to hire a combat veteran, I am all for having teachers teach and hired guns be of the exmilitary instead of police or teachers.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-16-2019, 11:14 PM   #5
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Exactly, I wanted to wait for a few responders before posting.
First I have no problem with a teacher who does the CCW for personal protection. But I don't want to arm a bunch of teachers who are not gun people to begin with. In Actors post of the video it shows a school administrator who wanted to hire a combat veteran, I am all for having teachers teach and hired guns be of the exmilitary instead of police or teachers.
Yes, I'd have a lot of confidence in ex-military handling the job. I fully support the principal's position.

Last edited by MargieRose; 02-16-2019 at 11:17 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 02-16-2019, 11:39 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

There are thousands of Vets out there suited for these jobs.

Lots of retired cops too.

This is ten years too late, or more, but good for them.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:47 PM   #7
Clocker

Quote:

That's me, the reigning liberal of the PA site.

Is it too much to ask that a poster give a minimal hint to why I should click on a link? Why is that a political issue? Why is that not rational behavior for anyone?

P.S. Experience tells me that clicking on unexplained videos is a big waste of time. I was merely offering advice to the novice posters.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:53 AM   #8
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
That's me, the reigning liberal of the PA site.

Is it too much to ask that a poster give a minimal hint to why I should click on a link? Why is that a political issue? Why is that not rational behavior for anyone?

P.S. Experience tells me that clicking on unexplained videos is a big waste of time. I was merely offering advice to the novice posters.
There is nothing at all wrong with asking...anything, but what did you ask Actor? Unfortunately, it's the tone of repetitive 'stating,' specifically about this issue, that gets YOU a criticism.

You claim foul on being called a liberal, but you certainly exhibit the common attitude of one..."I'll tell you what's right." Maybe that's what others see, as well; hence, the "reigning liberal of the PA site" reputation.

Do you really consider Actor a novice poster who would benefit by being instructed, or was that just meant indirectly for some of the newbies? How would one know?
Old 02-17-2019, 01:05 AM   #9
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Maybe that's what others see, as well; hence, the "reigning liberal of the PA site" reputation.

Do you really consider Actor a novice poster who would benefit by being instructed, or was that just meant indirectly for some of the newbies? How would one know?
With all due respect Margie, Clocker is a Libertarian....He's not the "reigning liberal of the PA site".
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2019, 01:17 AM   #10
Clocker

Quote:
There is nothing at all wrong with asking...anything, but what did you ask Actor? Unfortunately, it's the tone of repetitive 'stating,' specifically about this issue, that gets YOU a criticism.
I asked for a hint about what his post was about.

How am I "stating" about an issue when I haven't a clue as to what the issue is, and am asking for a hint as to the content?
Old 02-17-2019, 01:20 AM   #11
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
With all due respect Margie, Clocker is a Libertarian....He's not the "reigning liberal of the PA site".
I don't think that he is either, Randall, but that's what he called himself; however, I would never have guessed 'Libertarian.'
Old 02-17-2019, 07:16 AM   #12
sammy the sage

Quote:
I don't think that he is either, Randall, but that's what he called himself; however, I would never have guessed 'Libertarian.'
Yes....there are a "few"...very few... of us around....we tend to be more objective....most here can't seem to comprehend that with their one sided blinders on....
Old 02-17-2019, 08:36 AM   #13
johnhannibalsmith

Let's get real, if you criticize Trump or anger an alleged self-described PA conservative, you are liberal. Been that way for a while so we can stop pretending clocker doesn't realize he is a liberal.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2019, 08:49 AM   #14
fast4522

The guy who started this thread did not do it for a ideology fight, if Clocker did not want to click on the video he had NO reason to give his two cents. The originator of the thread starts with he can't help but agree with this guy, this a no brainer to guard kids.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #15
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
if Clocker did not want to click on the video he had NO reason to give his two cents.
Pot, kettle.

I posted, with a tad bit of sarcasm, to inform the OP how to get more people to click on his posts.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: