Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #1471
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #1472
Afleet

Open Mind stakes DQ

I didn't bet this race, but saw it and wanted to see the head on view of the DQ. Anybody lose money on the DQ?

I have to agree w/Watchmaker, this makes no sense

Per Watchmaker:

Ivy Bell, the 3-5 favorite in the Open Mind, slipped up on the rail inside of the pacesetter and second choice Mayla into the stretch, making what appeared to be a winning move. But Mayla, in response to that challenge, appeared to come in, appeared to put Ivy Bell in tight on the rail, and then Ivy Bell appeared to clip heels, causing her to stumble badly and toss jockey Brian Hernandez Jr. to the ground. Thank goodness Hernandez was uninjured, and Ivy Bell never actually fell.
There are a lot of “appeareds” in the above paragraph. Here’s why: I, and the vast majority of everyone else who watched the Open Mind, still do not have any idea of what really happened between Mayla and Ivy Bell in upper stretch because Churchill Downs never bothered to show the all-critical head-on shot of the stretch run.

http://www.drf.com/news/watchmaker-b...cation-replays
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-02-2017, 05:46 PM   #1473
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

That was borderline criminal what happened in the 1st at Presque isle. Impossible to tell who really was at fault, no objection from jockey, didn't affect order of finish, yet they dq the 8. unreal.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2017, 03:23 PM   #1474
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

After the DQ at Belmont today, R5, I think I'm going to become one of those pretty horse fans. I don't need this aggravation.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #1475
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Sorry CJ, however I thought it was a 50-50 coin flip, it just seems to always go the wrong way when you really need it.
I just don't see where that horse was ever going by the 5. If the stewards had any consistency I could live with it, but they don't. Sometimes I wonder if they actually do flip a coin.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #1476
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
After the DQ at Belmont today, R5, I think I'm going to become one of those pretty horse fans. I don't need this aggravation.
Sorry CJ, however I thought it was a 50-50 coin flip, it just seems to always go the wrong way when you really need it....BTW, the stewards were considering placing the horse in 4th, because of the chain reaction that had some effect on the horse losing a placing to the ....They declined on that decision, as that's what took so long for the result to finally become a DQ of just one spot.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #1477
jay68802

Quote:
I just don't see where that horse was ever going by the 5. If the stewards had any consistency I could live with it, but they don't. Sometimes I wonder if they actually do flip a coin.
Agree here, but when the race was over, the only thought i had was " they are going to flip this because it is Ortiz and Brown on the . Ortiz has squeezed plenty of horses like that, and not been taken down. 0 consistency.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #1478
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Agree here, but when the race was over, the only thought i had was " they are going to flip this because it is Ortiz and Brown on the . Ortiz has squeezed plenty of horses like that, and not been taken down. 0 consistency.
Exactly, flip connections and it is as is IMO.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #1479
jay68802

Quote:
Exactly, flip connections and it is as is IMO.
But they were really nice and let Kenndrick win the next race on the front with 0 pressure.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2017, 06:55 PM   #1480
GMB@BP

How in the world could there not have been an inquiry in the Kee 2yo race? Good thing an objection finally happened.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #1481
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
How in the world could there not have been an inquiry in the Kee 2yo race? Good thing an objection finally happened.
That was amazing, the showed the head on replay on TVG and it was obvious DQ. Took forever before they announced there was an objection.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #1482
dasch

No inquiry or objection in the 5th race today(Monday) at Santa Anita?

The 8 came in some so it would have been a close call but it was obvious from the pan shot there was contact late stretch and they dont even call for an inquiry?

SERIOUSLY what are they paying these stewards in California to do?
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #1483
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasch View Post
No inquiry or objection in the 5th race today(Monday) at Santa Anita?

The 8 came in some so it would have been a close call but it was obvious from the pan shot there was contact late stretch and they dont even call for an inquiry?

SERIOUSLY what are they paying these stewards in California to do?
The 8 lost. No need for an inquiry. There may have been one if the 8 had won. I thought he was 2/5 at the 1/8th pole.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #1484
dasch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
The 8 lost. No need for an inquiry. There may have been one if the 8 had won. I thought he was 2/5 at the 1/8th pole.
If you think the 8 was the only one that caused interference you obviously didnt watch the head on replay. Like I said it could have gone either way.

If there is POSSIBLE interference its THEIR JOB to call for an inquiry, not only if the horse YOU THINK interfered doesnt win.
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2017, 05:40 PM   #1485
dilanesp

Coming up on 100 pages of complaints about stewards rulings. Well done PA users!
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: