Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #16
WinterTriangle

The horse brings a TON OF JOY to the owner, who lost his wife a few years ago, and has found some happiness with owning this horse. (wife's name was Lisa).

From what I hear he is a bonafide horseraing/ racetrack person. I also hear that he struggled to keep her until recently, so we know Lisa won't become a "throw-away" horse like so many do under owners who aren't as honorable as this one.

IMHO, He doesn't need to come to his senses. Most people could probably come to theirs and take a lesson from him. nice guy and beautiful horse.

2 races, 2 wins, a total of 27 lengths. We should all be so lucky as to have such a "high note" in our lives. This is what owning and racing at small tracks is all about.....it's what keeps racing alive and creates fans. She has a huge following. People love feel good stories. I do too.

BTW, a lot of Preakness, BC, Belmont contenders and such contenders have come thru her damsire Notebook, including Big Drama, which is a nice pedigree touch for this filly.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #17
trackrat59

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
The horse brings a TON OF JOY to the owner, who lost his wife a few years ago, and has found some happiness with owning this horse. (wife's name was Lisa).

From what I hear he is a bonafide horseraing/ racetrack person. I also hear that he struggled to keep her until recently, so we know Lisa won't become a "throw-away" horse like so many do under owners who aren't as honorable as this one.

IMHO, He doesn't need to come to his senses. Most people could probably come to theirs and take a lesson from him. nice guy and beautiful horse.

2 races, 2 wins, a total of 27 lengths. We should all be so lucky as to have such a "high note" in our lives. This is what owning and racing at small tracks is all about.....it's what keeps racing alive and creates fans. She has a huge following. People love feel good stories. I do too.

BTW, a lot of Preakness, BC, Belmont contenders and such contenders have come thru her damsire Notebook, including Big Drama, which is a nice pedigree touch for this filly.
Agree 100%.

I've been so burnt out on racing over the past few weeks I can't even look at a racing form for more than 2 minutes. Then I heard the story about LBT and got excited about the race. I love these kinds of racing stories. It got me excited about watching racing yesterday. Sorry she was scratched but I put her in my watch.

The owner/trainer is such a cool guy. I watched him tell his story of the loss of his wife and how he obtained the horse. For me I could see in his eyes the pain he once experienced. You could tell as he told his story. Kudos to him for keeping the horse. When you lose someone that close to you and you still carry that pain, money doesn't mean all that much. It's appears that this horse is helping him recover. You can't put a price on that.

I wish him all the best with the horse.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:06 AM   #18
onefast99

Here is the story from TVG, I hope this is ok to copy and paste if not delete it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKSSPtd33_8
Old 07-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
FantasticDan
gelding

I posted the TVG story link yesterday. Tells the whole story, and you can't doubt the trainer is a horseman after watching it.

WT, she actually has three wins in three starts. I'm sure she'll be heading back to Saratoga for another race soon enuff. There just isn't any allowance competition at Finger Lakes, and all their stakes races are for NY breds anyway.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #20
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader
joanied,

Where are you?

The soul of this thread has been lost.
I'm here thanks for your words...but ya know what? This thread has it's own soul...Lisa's Booby Trap is the heart and soul of her connections...and it seems her soul is occupied by the trainers late wife, Lisa...I watched the video and I know MY heart was touched...wonderful story.
It's a shame he scratched the filly, but no doubt, he's looking out for her and didn't want to take a shot in the CCAO...I doubt anyone was going to beat devil May care, but, I do hope they stay at Saratoga with Lisa's Booby Trap and that she wins for them up there.

Again...the soul of this thread is Lisa's Booby Trap...good luck, stay sound and healthy...and you are a lucky girl in knowing you will always have a loving home.

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #21
FantasticDan
gelding

Lisa's been entered in Friday's 6F Loudonville at Saratoga..

PPs:

http://www.brisnet.com/bris_link/pdf...her_206043.pdf

Small six horse field, but a quality one nonetheless. Should be a good barometer for her..

Also, here's NYRA video of her last workout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abWsLk9-LV4
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 PM   #22
tbwinner

Just opened up at 1-4 at Saratoga's third race. 5 horse field, the #3 horse (Simply Spiteful) was a speed horse who scratched so Lisa could wire the field here.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #23
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbwinner
Just opened up at 1-4 at Saratoga's third race. 5 horse field, the #3 horse (Simply Spiteful) was a speed horse who scratched so Lisa could wire the field here.
I'll be shocked if she makes the lead over Nonna Mia and Stormandaprayer.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #24
tbwinner

Nice performance by her. Looks like Desmoreaux let her back, let the speed duel develop out (1st quarter 21.5!) and take it on the stretch. Nice performance, 6 length winner.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #25
netbet

The next offer will make 500K look like chump change.
netbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 02:11 PM   #26
sonnyp

now he should sell 49 % of her. nice filly !!!
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #27
Figman

This is what horseracing is all about! An undefeated three year filly by DREWMAN. Who?????

LISA'S BOOBY TRAP is undefeated as is her owner-trainer Timothy Snyder in 2010. Great win! NYRA's morning line man made a mistake listing her at 12-1.
Figman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #28
bushwick

I think Kent having to steady her after breaking in was a blessing in disguise. She avoided the speed duel on the front and showed she could handle dirt in her face. Can't wait to see how this story plays out!
bushwick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 02:59 PM   #29
woodtoo

Could'nt be more happy for her and the connectoins
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #30
rrbauer
Both-hands Bettor

Way to go LISA. Story just gets better and better.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: