Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #1
hcap

Faux Noos

The repug news outlet. Tea Party official blabber.

http://mediamatters.org/research/201004210012

REPORT: Fox Newsers rally for GOP in more than 300 instances and in nearly every state
April 21, 2010 10:12 am ET

In recent years, at least twenty Fox News personalities have endorsed, raised money, or campaigned for Republican candidates or causes, or against Democratic candidates or causes, in more than 300 instances and in at least 49 states. Republican parties and officials have routinely touted these personalities' affiliations with Fox News to sell and promote their events.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

So?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
DJofSD
Screw PC

What a selfish guy you are hcap. The libs already have every other media touting the party line but NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you have to have them all pushing the idealogy. Pig.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Like the MSM doesn't contribute to the dem(on)s?

You are getting pretty pathetic, hcap.....and predictable.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
lsbets

And no one who appears on Fox ever campaigned or raised money for a Dem? Beckel, Estrich, etc...........

Can you point to one of the news people, or is it all opinion people? Surely you know the difference Hcap. Or is dissenting opinion not allowed in Obama's America?

I read the "story" OMG what a friggin joke. Newt Gingrich, Mike Hucakbee, Sarah Palin, and Karl ROve campaigned for Republicans? You're kidding me? I never would have guessed it.

Hcap just shooting more blanks. But, the Noos spelling is oh so clever. I think my son's friends in 2nd grade are more on the ball.

Last edited by lsbets; 04-23-2010 at 07:45 AM.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
bigmack

What a pathetic mess hcap has become (has always been). Runs around gloating after BO gets elected and has nothing to say since with the exception of 'Faux' (how 1998).

PAAAAA-thetic.

Sucks to be him.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 AM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
So?
Exactly! Like this is earthshaking news. Must be a slow day in 'cap's Utopiaville.

Boxcar
Old 04-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #8
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

And that was before the first cuppa joe this morning. Had I waited another 10 minutes, the response might have been, "So what?"
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
So?
Faux is in a class by itself.
On the other hand while Faux leads with over 300 instances, all documented by the link,
MSNBC, is not anywhere close.
Find the equivalent if you can.

Further, Faux and the rest of the right is greatly responsible for FALSE rumors and stories abour Obama.
Bush is no where close..

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/b..._bush_open2010

The party of no ... credibility
A look at Snopes.com shows rumors about Obama to be
more numerous and vicious than the ones about Bush were

American right-wing leaders are responding to complaints about their adherents’ insults, threats, and acts of violence by claiming that such problems occur on the left as well. Of course, they don’t dare to compare and quantify such behavior. That would mean acknowledging that, for example, Congressional historians find no precedent for Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., shouting at the president during a joint session of Congress. Or that there was a distrubing spike in death threats to the president in the months after President Barack Obama took office.

To keep on top of urban myths of all kinds, I subscribe to the Snopes.com update list, and I noticed a pattern there that I thought deserved to be examined more arithmetically. It struck me I was seeing a lot more rumors about President Obama, and a lot more false rumors, than I remembered from earlier years. So I ran the numbers, as of this week.

After eight years in the White House (with Snopes.com around all that time), George W. Bush has been the subject of 47 internet rumors. After less than two years in office, Barack Obama has been the subject of 87, or nearly twice as many.

Even more telling is the relative accuracy of those stories. For Bush, 20 rumors, or 43%, are true. Only 17, or 36%, are false. The remainder are of mixed veracity (4), undetermined (4), or unclassifiable (2).

In contrast, for Obama only 8 of the 87 rumors, or 9%, are true, and a whopping 59, or 68%, are whoppers. There are 17 of mixed veracity and 3 undetermined.

.................................................. ..

Again NO equivalence

Last edited by hcap; 04-24-2010 at 07:03 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Again, no relevance!

Go to eBay....type in "life."

Does the word "codger" have a special meaning to you?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:50 PM   #11
Boris

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
After eight years in the White House (with Snopes.com around all that time), George W. Bush has been the subject of 47 internet rumors.
There are more than that in the bowels of Paceadvantage OT.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #12
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Faux is in a class by itself.
On the other hand while Faux leads with over 300 instances, all documented by the link,
MSNBC, is not anywhere close.
Find the equivalent if you can.

Further, Faux and the rest of the right is greatly responsible for FALSE rumors and stories abour Obama.
Bush is no where close..

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/b..._bush_open2010

The party of no ... credibility
A look at Snopes.com shows rumors about Obama to be
more numerous and vicious than the ones about Bush were

American right-wing leaders are responding to complaints about their adherents’ insults, threats, and acts of violence by claiming that such problems occur on the left as well. Of course, they don’t dare to compare and quantify such behavior. That would mean acknowledging that, for example, Congressional historians find no precedent for Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., shouting at the president during a joint session of Congress. Or that there was a distrubing spike in death threats to the president in the months after President Barack Obama took office.

To keep on top of urban myths of all kinds, I subscribe to the Snopes.com update list, and I noticed a pattern there that I thought deserved to be examined more arithmetically. It struck me I was seeing a lot more rumors about President Obama, and a lot more false rumors, than I remembered from earlier years. So I ran the numbers, as of this week.

After eight years in the White House (with Snopes.com around all that time), George W. Bush has been the subject of 47 internet rumors. After less than two years in office, Barack Obama has been the subject of 87, or nearly twice as many.

Even more telling is the relative accuracy of those stories. For Bush, 20 rumors, or 43%, are true. Only 17, or 36%, are false. The remainder are of mixed veracity (4), undetermined (4), or unclassifiable (2).

In contrast, for Obama only 8 of the 87 rumors, or 9%, are true, and a whopping 59, or 68%, are whoppers. There are 17 of mixed veracity and 3 undetermined.

.................................................. ..

Again NO equivalence
Interesting stuff, Hcap.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:32 AM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
There are more than that in the bowels of Paceadvantage OT.
I really hate to think I am spending my evening in the bowels of anything!
Old 04-25-2010, 01:58 AM   #14
Lefty

h'cap, they wrote books and made movies about assisinating GW. Obama, no
equivilence...
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2010, 02:32 AM   #15
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
What a pathetic mess hcap has become (has always been). Runs around gloating after BO gets elected and has nothing to say since with the exception of 'Faux' (how 1998).
But just think of all the cute pictures and charts that only he can read he has contributed. A man that has the Soul of an Artist, that is our Cappy.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply