Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-28-2018, 12:23 PM   #31
Hambletonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 View Post
I have seen many DQ’s over the years that exclusively had to do with a jockeys action. Several to be specific had to do with JOCKEYS misuse of whips. Also there have been dq’s because of one jockey trying to hit/ kick etc another jockey while racing. One jockey threw his googles at another horse ...dq! None of these instances were initiated by the horse.

Have to say I agree. The stewards in general seem to have more leeway for drifting horses if the jockey is not encouraging and/or causing it. Meaning, in my experience a horse bearing out under left handed whipping is way more likely to come down then one ridden by a jockey tugging hard on the left rein to control the drift.

But that is only based on my observations over 45 or so years. I do allow that Vic could be correct and that my experiences have been outliers.
Hambletonian is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2018, 12:17 AM   #32
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyChippy423 View Post
I have seen many DQ’s over the years that exclusively had to do with a jockeys action. Several to be specific had to do with JOCKEYS misuse of whips. Also there have been dq’s because of one jockey trying to hit/ kick etc another jockey while racing. One jockey threw his googles at another horse ...dq! None of these instances were initiated by the horse.
Striking another horse with the whip is the one instance where watching what the jockey does comes into play. They represent maybe 1/10th of one percent of inquiries.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:45 AM   #33
ultracapper

In trying to be objective about this, I had to be honest with myself and admit that my opinion would be 100% influenced by which horse I had my money on. I guess I feel it could have gone either way.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: