Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-30-2017, 11:43 PM   #1
BrentT

Karl Broberg is Pathettic

He should be barred off the premises of every track.
Has absolutely ZERO compassion for the animals he tortures to death and they make him plenty of money. All a numbers game to him. He is pathetic.

The below horse(Valen Forever) has won 3 of his last 4 races with a second in the other. He runs him back with 1, yes one day between races. I wrote the number and spelled it so there would be no misunderstanding.

How the racing commission would even allow this is beyond belief, there should be some kind of rules set where a horse must have a week between races at minimum, or something.

This is borderline cruelty to animals.
9-28-2017
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...092817USA9.pdf

9-30-2017
http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...093017USA8.pdf

Wonder hat others opinions are on this insane situation.

Last edited by BrentT; 09-30-2017 at 11:49 PM.
BrentT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 12:20 AM   #2
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Good eye Brent, and I agree with you 100%....Funny how the racing secretary at Remington allowed this horse to be run after knowingly giving the OK for this horse to be entered in almost back to back days. After running and winning the first race, this horse should have been scratched for the next day's race. The owners, End Zone Athletics, Inc., are just as insensitive and cruel as Broberg, but at least Colby Hernandez rode another horse in the second race, with Eddie Martin Jr doing the dirty deed of riding this horse at a much longer distance, and in a much tougher class......What was he and his agent thinking, no one would notice?.....Don't understand the rationale for the decision to run this horse in the ground like that.

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 10-01-2017 at 12:29 AM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 12:22 AM   #3
BrentT

End Zone Athletics is Broberg himself. No sane owner would knowingly allow this to happen.
BrentT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 12:46 AM   #4
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentT View Post
End Zone Athletics is Broberg himself. No sane owner would knowingly allow this to happen.
Just checked it out through Glassdoor, you're right about Broberg running this sham company, according to its former employees...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 06:55 AM   #5
lamboguy

Broberg and other similar to him control to many horses. they have successfully knocked out the little guys that made this sport so strong, now racing is forced to deal with the likes of Broberg and others just like him in order to survive as long as they can but never have a chance to see the sport flourish again.

on another note i saw a thread somewhere here the other day that Jeff Platt started about cancelling wagers after horses get poor bad starts out of the gate. i just wantd to add to that. if one can cancel his tickets after he sees his horse makes a poor start he canbasically eliminate the takeout he pays to bet horses, and probably put himself into a winning position, i only bring this up again because for the most part Jeff is pretty respected here and has more credentials in this game than myself even though i think i have a bit more experience.

i am sure that Jeff posts here many times to catch the eye of someone in the game that might read his posts that has the power to do something, it seems like Ritvo has been making various moves to do the right thing for the sport and i am sure he is well aware of after the bell betting and canceling, all he has to do is put his foot down and say its enough already after 2 decades of this and problem will go away in a short time.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
Mulerider

Quote:
Broberg must enjoy negative publicity. It was only a couple of weeks ago that we had the "mistaken identity" case (running a mare as a gelding), for which he claimed to be "incredibly ashamed of the error we made last night." I don't see how he can explain away this latest incident, but I have no doubt he'll try if he's called out on it.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #7
Racetrack Playa
regular user

If the horse is healthy, whats the big deal , up in class from 5kcl to alow34k , a 25k increase in pur$e

K. Broberg @ 1-5 days away - 72starts 22%win 64%money
Valen Forever is entered @ Retama in race 6 on 10/6
Old 10-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
His silks alone show what a dick he is, IMO.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 12:05 PM   #9
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack Playa View Post
If the horse is healthy, whats the big deal , up in class from 5kcl to alow34k , a 25k increase in pur$e

K. Broberg @ 1-5 days away - 72starts 22%win 64%money
Valen Forever is entered @ Retama in race 6 on 10/6
The big deal is the assumption that races usually take enough out of a horse that makes a horse running twice in 3 days a very poor idea. How'd it work out, given the 7th place or so finish in the second race?

The sport should have some basic rules to protect the horses and one could easily be that a horse can't race twice in 3 days.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 12:19 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
The big deal is the assumption that races usually take enough out of a horse that makes a horse running twice in 3 days a very poor idea. How'd it work out, given the 7th place or so finish in the second race?

The sport should have some basic rules to protect the horses and one could easily be that a horse can't race twice in 3 days.
Plenty of horses have won races on very short rest, so judging by the finish position doesn't do a lot for me. Personally I think it is a poor practice. But it has been going on long before anyone heard of Karl Broberg.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #11
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
His silks alone show what a dick he is, IMO.
Are they the "for sale by owner" silks?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 12:36 PM   #12
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Guilty as charged.

Old 10-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #13
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racetrack Playa View Post
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that there are times when symptoms of a sesamoid injury might not show up immediately after a race, or even for a few days after the race.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #14
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Plenty of horses have won races on very short rest, so judging by the finish position doesn't do a lot for me. Personally I think it is a poor practice. But it has been going on long before anyone heard of Karl Broberg.
Not twice in 3 days though. 6 or 7 days, one could argue it's similar to working every week.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2017, 01:08 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Yes.