Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-18-2017, 08:42 AM   #16
o_crunk

There's a lot going on there for such a short video....

First, Navarro referring to himself in the third person is interesting.

Second, I don't know many bookies who are taking single $10k bets on horse racing. That raises an eyebrow for me that perhaps he's exaggerating.

Third, all people on the video realize they are being video taped. Almost every one I know who goes to the track and plays regularly suspects Navarro is juicing. These guys could be ham-ing it up...which in light of my second point, makes some sense..
o_crunk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 09:21 AM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_crunk View Post
There's a lot going on there for such a short video....

First, Navarro referring to himself in the third person is interesting.

Second, I don't know many bookies who are taking single $10k bets on horse racing. That raises an eyebrow for me that perhaps he's exaggerating.

Third, all people on the video realize they are being video taped. Almost every one I know who goes to the track and plays regularly suspects Navarro is juicing. These guys could be ham-ing it up...which in light of my second point, makes some sense..
My thoughts exactly, looks staged. That said, still a terrible look.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #18
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
My thoughts exactly, looks staged. That said, still a terrible look.
Staged? The little guy is the owner of Monster racing they are the leading owner at MP 90% ITM(see owner standings below). He has the ability to make those bets on a daily basis.
If you think they are hamming it up wouldn't Navarro say that in the video as this is as incriminating as you can get especially when the whole backside is suspect that he is doing something and it cant be detected, yet.

Current Meet Leading Owners
Name Sts 1st 2nd 3rd Win% $% Purses
Monster Racing Stables 12 8 1 2 67 92 $140,620

Red Oak Stable 22 5 2 4 23 50 $116,490

Joseph and Gayle Ioia 8 3 2 1 38 75 $86,632

Peter Kazamias 12 3 1 3 25 58 $35,170

Dennis A. Drazin 5 3 1 0 60 80 $71,000

Isabelle de Tomaso 4 3 1 0 75 100 $122,560

Quiet Winter Farm 36 2 7 8 6 47 $128,033

ABL Stable, D. Bossone &

P. Donnelly

11 2 4 3 18 82 $51,200

Law Legacy Stables LLC 17 2 3 4 12 53 $50,445

Mr. Amore Stable LLC 10 2 3 2 20 70 $75,800
Current Meet
Old 08-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
Staged? The little guy is the owner of Monster racing they are the leading owner at MP 90% ITM(see owner standings below). He has the ability to make those bets on a daily basis.
If you think they are hamming it up wouldn't Navarro say that in the video as this is as incriminating as you can get especially when the whole backside is suspect that he is doing something and it cant be detected, yet.

Current Meet Leading Owners
Name Sts 1st 2nd 3rd Win% $% Purses
Monster Racing Stables 12 8 1 2 67 92 $140,620

Red Oak Stable 22 5 2 4 23 50 $116,490

Joseph and Gayle Ioia 8 3 2 1 38 75 $86,632

Peter Kazamias 12 3 1 3 25 58 $35,170

Dennis A. Drazin 5 3 1 0 60 80 $71,000

Isabelle de Tomaso 4 3 1 0 75 100 $122,560

Quiet Winter Farm 36 2 7 8 6 47 $128,033

ABL Stable, D. Bossone &

P. Donnelly

11 2 4 3 18 82 $51,200

Law Legacy Stables LLC 17 2 3 4 12 53 $50,445

Mr. Amore Stable LLC 10 2 3 2 20 70 $75,800
Current Meet
They know they are being recorded to my eye and it wound up on Youtube. So either the guy doing the recording is a snitch they mistakenly trusted, or the thing is a bad joke.

I'm not trying to defend those guys. Between what I've posted here and on Twitter it is pretty clear what I think of them.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:16 AM   #20
lamboguy

i don't think people realize that trainers in Monmouth get a starting bonus, it was $300 per start last year i believe its $200 now. so if you start 1 dozen horses during the weekend you pick up and extra $2400.

after being in this game and now basically all out of it, the whole game is an utter joke the way i see it and needs to be shut down and not come back util they iron out all the problems, drugs, trainers, tote, data issues and become more fan friendly.

i said this 10 years ago and now i will say it again, i can turn this game around if i had a free hand and you would see $100 million dollar handles on a Saturday at Belmont and Aqueduct. now i am positive i could get it up to $150 million with a higher percentage for the host track.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 01:33 PM   #21
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Oh yeah, first thing that came to my mind is that it was a parody or a joke.

Yep. That Navarro , he's got the craziest sense of humor.

Nothing to see here, move along
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 08:27 PM   #22
n.c

if it is not a big stakes day,

10k on his horse will change the odds...you got public betting on his horses, then you put another 10k on it, his odds would go down..what if he does not bet
big at the track, but bets with the bookie..he gets the better odds, since his 10k is not on the track.
Track odds change with his 10k at the track, but with the bookie, it does not change. Couple of times, his horses tank on purpose ( not juiced )then the owner unloads when the odds are better(juiced).

He used to work for his stepfather, Julian Canet, who is a known offender.
n.c is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2017, 08:31 PM   #23
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.c View Post
10k on his horse will change the odds...you got public betting on his horses, then you put another 10k on it, his odds would go down..what if he does not bet
big at the track, but bets with the bookie..he gets the better odds, since his 10k is not on the track.
Track odds change with his 10k at the track, but with the bookie, it does not change. Couple of times, his horses tank on purpose ( not juiced )then the owner unloads when the odds are better(juiced).

Bookies are only going to fall for that so often, or about one or two times to be exact.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:00 AM   #24
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Not that it moves the needle for me, but that tidbit escaped me, Canet>Navarro.

I don't think Oscar Barrera passed any genes down in that manner, he was a quiet , private man.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2017, 09:43 AM   #25
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.c View Post

Canet had a huge run with owner Julian Demora the horses then went to M Navarro and Jorge Navarro.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #26
Ian Meyers

My .02.

a) I don't think they were kidding.

b) I'm not sure they knew they were being recorded but if they did that was Monster owners' 'I don't give a f**k because there's nothing anyone can do about it.'

That one thing we can ALL agree on is, it's ANOTHER bad look for our sport.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:28 PM   #27
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Meyers View Post
My .02.

a) I don't think they were kidding.

b) I'm not sure they knew they were being recorded but if they did that was Monster owners' 'I don't give a f**k because there's nothing anyone can do about it.'

That one thing we can ALL agree on is, it's ANOTHER bad look for our sport.
I'm sure the bookie who took this bet, if there really was one as the partner in MR is a bit of a story teller, has this clown on blocked caller. The sad part is why would Navarro even put himself in this video how does this help him in any way shape or form? Hopefully someone will wake up and stop him from racing at their venue.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #28
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
I'm sure the bookie who took this bet, if there really was one as the partner in MR is a bit of a story teller, has this clown on blocked caller. The sad part is why would Navarro even put himself in this video how does this help him in any way shape or form? Hopefully someone will wake up and stop him from racing at their venue.
Monmouth not only lets him in with free stalls, they actually pay him $200 per start.

my day is full of dilemma's, Monmouth lets this guy in and Keeneland raising the host fees, i don't know what's worse. i am going to give them a dead heat for now and react to both places accordingly.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #29
Track Phantom

1. Not staged
2. Is that the owner of "Monster Stables"?
3. Yea, this doesn't make horse racing look like a joke
4. Found this on the internet

Monster Racing Stables is the stable name for Randal Gindi
Born: July 25, 1967 in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Family: Wife, Sheila; Daughters, Ginette and Sue; Son, Ralph
Primary occupation: Real estate investor

• Gindi bought his first horse in August of 2015 and already has a Breeders’ Cup candidate in Delta Bluesman, who earned an automatic spot for Monster and trainer Jorge Navarro in the BC Sprint by winning the Grade 2 Smile Sprint Championship at Gulfstream Park, one of the Breeders’ Cup Challenge “Win and You’re In” stakes … “To have a horse in the Breeders’ Cup is a dream come true for me,” Gindi said. “I never thought it could happen since I was buying claimers, not expensive horses.”

• The first few horses Gindi bought to form Monster Racing were purchased from another of Navarro’s owners who was consolidating his stable … Included in that group was Delta Bluesman, who Gindi bought for $50,000 … Aside from the victory in the Smile, Delta Bluesman won the Hall of Fame Stakes at Parx and was fourth in the Grade 1 A.G. Vanderbilt at Saratoga for Monster.

• Gindi currently has a stable of 12 horses with Navarro and through Oct. 24 had 43 career wins and earnings of $1.1 million since Monster acquired its first horses.

• His stable also includes Defer Heaven, who in 2016 has seven wins in 10 starts through Oct 24 and won the Trust Buster Stakes at Gulfstream Park.

• He said he became involved as an owner through owning a summer home on the New Jersey Shore and making occasional visits to Monmouth. Park. One day, while reading the Daily Racing Form, he noticed Navarro’s high winning percentage at the track. Through mutual friends, he met Navarro and made his initial purchases with him.

• Gindi enjoys collecting sports memorabilia and watching sports
Old 08-20-2017, 06:45 AM   #30
lamboguy

when you see owners like Monster monopolize the game its no wonder that horse racing has lots of its owners. with owners comes friends which attracts others to the game, some to own and others to bet.

how tough is it for the game to see that limiting trainers to 25 horses and limiting owners to 3 horses is actually great for the sport. doing that would self promote the game.

incidentally the Pacific classic had the same trainer run 1-2 in the race, nice country!