Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:09 AM   #166
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
Calracing.com won't provide head on replays of races with controversial home stretch steward decisions. As if that's the only reason we want the replay. Maybe we'd like to be able to see the replay to handicap other races. No, these laimo stewards cover their asses, and they just look more inept by not disclosing what they viewed to make their decision. 99 times out of 100 I want the replay for something else. I already know the stewards suck. I don't need any more proof.
Do they suck, or are really smart but crooked? If i was a crook, i'd want you to view me as incompetent instead of dishonest.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 12:10 AM   #167
ultracapper

I'm not that jaded yet.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 12:14 AM   #168
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
It was a shit DQ. And I had the 10 that benefited my wallet.

The 4 was going nowhere, and the 2 had to get out in order to pass tiring horses.

Sure, he came over 3 or 4 lanes, but it was a turf race when the real racing was to be done. If you ain't moving forward, step aside.

Not only did the get taken down after a spectacular 1st out effort, but placed 10th.

10th. Out of the money, and zero to the connections.

1st to 10th. Awful decision.
When people alter what happens on the track, its an awful decision unless the DQ is something they had no choice to do. Most of these calls are just altering results for ticky tack stuff that's just "part of the game". These horses don't run in a vacuum, there's contact and its part of the natural course of the sport, yet, these races are judged as if sometimes you can do whatever you want and there's no DQ and other times, if you don't maintain an exact straight line, they steal your money and give it to someone else.

When "judges" are hired to "judge stuff" they invariably "over judge" in order to justify why they're there in the first place. I mean, if you're being paid to 'do something' its human nature to want to actually "perform a service" but if there was only 1 DQ a month or every few months like there should probably be, these people would feel "less important".
Old 04-19-2015, 12:29 AM   #169
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
When people alter what happens on the track, its an awful decision unless the DQ is something they had no choice to do. Most of these calls are just altering results for ticky tack stuff that's just "part of the game". These horses don't run in a vacuum, there's contact and its part of the natural course of the sport, yet, these races are judged as if sometimes you can do whatever you want and there's no DQ and other times, if you don't maintain an exact straight line, they steal your money and give it to someone else.

When "judges" are hired to "judge stuff" they invariably "over judge" in order to justify why they're there in the first place. I mean, if you're being paid to 'do something' its human nature to want to actually "perform a service" but if there was only 1 DQ a month or every few months like there should probably be, these people would feel "less important".
Well., they were consistent at Keeneland today. The next race they DQ'd another horse.

Basically the statement has been made. You change more than a lane, and you'll be DQ'd at Keeneland.

Personally, I like it.

Sends a message to the jockeys that they want "clean" racing, and that nothing short of that will be tolerated.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 02:56 AM   #170
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Well., they were consistent at Keeneland today. The next race they DQ'd another horse.

Basically the statement has been made. You change more than a lane, and you'll be DQ'd at Keeneland.

Personally, I like it.

Sends a message to the jockeys that they want "clean" racing, and that nothing short of that will be tolerated.
I can appreciate the consistency, but i'm more for paying the bettors and handling the "administrative stuff" behind scenes. If a normal suspension for an infraction is "3 days" than they can give the jock 3 days and leave the results official, jocks don't care about the pari mutuels, they just care about their own pocket (as they should). A 3 day suspension is just as effective whether you leave the Pari Mutuels alone or not.

The first DQ wasn't the worst DQ i've ever seen even though i would have left it up, the second DQ was atrocious and embarrassing.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:14 AM   #171
overthehill

I'm with you I had the winner and had him going in live pick 3s and pick 4s. This move happens all the time in Maiden turf races, I dont think ive ever seen a DQ for this in 40 years. This is a situation where the best horse clearly won. and they took him down. Some body told me that he thought the rider had struck one of the other horses with the whip but that was not reflected in either the chart or steward comments. It particularly galling when suddenly the stewards take umbrage at jockey doing what they alway done in these kinds of races . Ive a good mind to boycott keeneland for the rest of the meet.
overthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 03:22 AM   #172
overthehill

what you are saying makes no sense. horses in the stretch frequently move several paths and shutting off paths for horses trying to get through on the rail and they almost never get taken down for it. On top of that stewards have always treated maiden races differently than other races because of the inexperience of the horses. This DQ was ridiculous. The fact that it took them so long to make the decision tells you how borderline a call it was.
overthehill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 11:46 AM   #173
comet52

I've taken dq's and bad beats over the years and just moved on to the next play, but I can't remember ever feeling so robbed. I couldn't bet the rest of the day and I'm still steamed. Only good thing is hearing that others feel it was a lousy call too.
comet52 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #174
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by comet52
I've taken dq's and bad beats over the years and just moved on to the next play, but I can't remember ever feeling so robbed. I couldn't bet the rest of the day and I'm still steamed. Only good thing is hearing that others feel it was a lousy call too.
Big money I'll never see. It was so marginal they didn't even bother posting the inquiry sign.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #175
Stillriledup
Veteran

There was a DQ at Churchill in the Finnegans Wake Race?

Seemed like the 9 was beaten and checked up with a few strides left, did that interference affect the outcome? Was this a legit DQ? Hard to say when its hard to see these races, they make you work for sure to see them.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:26 AM   #176
nijinski

Quote:
There was a DQ at Churchill in the Finnegans Wake Race?

Seemed like the 9 was beaten and checked up with a few strides left, did that interference affect the outcome? Was this a legit DQ? Hard to say when its hard to see these races, they make you work for sure to see them.
It looks like the jock continued the left hand whipping instead of trying
to straighten the horse out .
Not fair to the connections and bettors I guess but this is not an apprentice
and should know better , it's reckless .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2015, 03:48 AM   #177
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijinski
It looks like the jock continued the left hand whipping instead of trying
to straighten the horse out .
Not fair to the connections and bettors I guess but this is not an apprentice
and should know better , it's reckless .
But why punish the bettors if this didnt affect the outcome?
Old 05-03-2015, 04:41 AM   #178
nijinski

Quote:
But why punish the bettors if this didnt affect the outcome?
I understand that and I don't like to see the bettors lose out .

I wish I had a better answer but I think it's the only way to stop a jock.
Let them get replaced by the connections for careless riding . I don't
know that a fine and or a few days helps .
It was the same thing with the" Upstart DQ ,the left hand whipping
while the horse drifted out . It's an accident about to happen in full
view of the onlookers . Both DQ'd horses appearing better than the
horses they affected . I think the decisions were based on non
attempts to straighten out their horses while drifting into other's paths ,
keep on whipping and your coming down !

Last edited by nijinski; 05-03-2015 at 04:43 AM.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-08-2015, 05:46 PM   #179
no breathalyzer
Veteran

BS dq last race BEL. .. 4 horse didn't cause that mess it was the 9horse that was out of control.. so not only i'm thinking i getting put up for win. i take a 5pt gate smash and only get show $$$
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2015, 09:12 PM   #180
Stillriledup
Veteran

No DQ at Mtn in the 5th? Seemed like bumping at the wire.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: