Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-22-2018, 12:09 PM   #31
jay68802

Haven't looked closely at the race yet, but leaning toward Wonder Gadot and Mendelssohn.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2018, 01:27 PM   #32
Robert Fischer
clean money

Question more questions than answers

• After crushing a relatively soft Haskell bunch, Is this Good Magic's official superstar stamp?
  • Interested in the TimeformUS pace projector for the Travers. Is Trigger Warning going to be loose on the lead?
  • Will Mendelssohn be guided along more of a ground-saving stalking trip? Or a pace factor?
  • If Catholic Boy can obtain forward position nearing the far turn, will we see that same stubborness? Or is this a different ballgame??
  • Is Tenfold a 'klutz with potential', or should we be concerned with his tendency to falter late? Ricardo Santana says it was the Saratoga video screen?
  • Is Gronkowski an underlay after a 'horse-for-course' Belmont Stakes? Or are his ultra-impressive recent works indicative of Chad Brown bringing out his very best?
  • Wonder Gadot's game stride turning for home reminds me of Barbaro. Is she special enough to contend in this group?
  • Is there going to be enough pace-pressure and enough of a test of stamina to allow Vino Rosso to grind into contention?

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 08-22-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #33
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
  • After crushing a relatively soft Haskell bunch, Is this Good Magic's official superstar stamp?
  • Interested in the TimeformUS pace projector for the Travers. Is Trigger Warning going to be loose on the lead?
  • Will Mendelssohn be guided along more of a ground-saving stalking trip? Or a pace factor?
  • If Catholic Boy can obtain forward position nearing the far turn, will we see that same stubborness? Or is this a different ballgame??
  • Is Tenfold a 'klutz with potential', or should we be concerned with his tendency to falter late? Ricardo Santana says it was the Saratoga video screen?
  • Is Gronkowski an underlay after a 'horse-for-course' Belmont Stakes? Or are his ultra-impressive recent works indicative of Chad Brown bringing out his very best?
  • Wonder Gadot's game stride turning for home reminds me of Barbaro. Is she special enough to contend in this group?
  • Is there going to be enough pace-pressure and enough of a test of stamina to allow Vino Rosso to grind into contention?
Just off the cuff, how does anyone back Mendelssohn? Or Vino Rosso, the ultimate tease non-winner? "He was gaining on them at the end there ..."

How can you not consider Gronkowski here, heavily? And I even talked smack after that Belmont ... that he looked like he should have won without that start.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #34
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I don't like anything abut Gronkowsky.
No hity board-o.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #35
LemonSoupKid

How's Chad Brown off layoffs like this?
Old 08-22-2018, 09:15 PM   #36
Afleet

Might take a stab w/King Zachary here. 15-1 ML think he goes off higher. Catholic Boy looks like he fits and a nice bullet work@SAR, just don't think he will get the ground. Good Magic obvious contender. Not sure what to make of Tenfolds last race, he was almost sideways in the stretch (watch the head on replay); connections stated he was shying from the video board, but doesn't every track have a video board in the infield? Gronkowski seems like a suckers bet, but Chad Brown has been winning everything-will use on the bottom. Wonder Gadot-does she go w/Trigger Warning ,who probably gets sent, w/Mendelssohn pressing her on the outside? Can she keep going in the middle of a possible speed duel for a 1 1/4? Bravazo will have to go also, one would think. Vino Rosso, I'm always wrong on this horse but will throw him in my tri wheel. Meistermind-Asmussen said the longer the better, could throw in the bottom of the trifecta-will be huge odds.

Last edited by Afleet; 08-22-2018 at 09:18 PM. Reason: addition
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2018, 09:16 PM   #37
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
How's Chad Brown off layoffs like this?
61-180 day layoff 31%
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2018, 01:13 PM   #38
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
61-180 day layoff 31%

Do you have Saturday's PPs or the national digital?
Old 08-24-2018, 05:57 AM   #39
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
This is a good race. Trigger Warning could wire 'em if something happened on the front end, but I don't think he has the stamina to get 10F before others get there. Catholic Boy is viable, but kinda turfy. I dunno if 10F is gronk's best distance. He is super stamina laden to the hilt, 12F made sense, not sure about 10F since there's a lot of speed in here. Vino Rosso another uber stamina type but not sure from that post position esp. if he has to go wide at any point.

Right now I'm mainly considering one of these 5 for the win spot: Will get the PPs tomorrow night.

Catholic Boy
Mendelssohn
Bravazo
Tenfold
King Zachary
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #40
biggestal99

good race to use Justify as a handicapping tool.

The horses that ran well against Justify are 3,4,9 and 10.

will box in Exacta, Tris and dutch the 2 longest prices on the tote as my win wagers.

seems a really simple race and with the filly being tossed who should take the tourist money. Hopefully I get some nice juicy prices.

In the VIP contest, I will take the 4 who rallied on a speed favoring Monmouth Track.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2018, 08:43 AM   #41
burnsy
self medicated

The Capt. Obvious horse is Good Magic. So, theres no help there.
Right on Allan. Who ran well during the Triple chase?

I think the overlay may be Bravazo if the morning line holds up. Stalker, should work out a trip and has beaten Good Magic and the closest thing to beating Justify in the Preakness. The Jim Dandy horses were punch drunk by the stretch with the exception of Vino Rosso. I don't know if he's good enough but the last 100 yards of that race and during the run out he's flying late. May get a piece. Gronk has a shot but at what price? The same can be said about Catholic Boy if you get at least 8-1. The filly is most likely over bet. The hype here has been rampant. (Wonder Woman theme and all!) She probably should of run last week and I don't even know if she would of held off Eskimo Kisses. She had already been beaten once by her...….so who knows what she beat in Canada.....it was the same two horses both times. I don't like that so much. I can't really make a case for the rest unless Mendelssohn returns to prior glory but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either.

Last edited by burnsy; 08-24-2018 at 08:53 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2018, 08:54 AM   #42
letswastemoney

Wonder Gadot's last 2 TimeformUS numbers on dirt are about as good as any horse in this race. Sure, she might be underlaid. But she's a contender.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #43
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Wonder Gadot's last 2 TimeformUS numbers on dirt are about as good as any horse in this race. Sure, she might be underlaid. But she's a contender.

Maybe, But I can also see her getting crushed by the pace here. So, she needs to be at least 10-1 for me. This may not be the best crop.....but c'mon, those horses up there are probably not world beaters. As usual, I could care less what the numbers say...….this horse is entering a whole new class to pull this off. We will see, I've been wrong before. But I try to limit that.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #44
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I am at a loss without Baffert.
Did we say something?
Is he seeing another track?

Other than watching Wonder Gadot, I have no real interest in the race.
The Also Ran Derby. Also-rans and third stringers.

Last edited by Tom; 08-24-2018 at 09:29 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2018, 09:58 AM   #45
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Why would you ever bet a known before the race underlay.

Her odds will be less than her chances of winning.

Its like betting Zenyatta in the BC classic at Churchill.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply