Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:42 AM   #1036
UnifiedTheory

xrd files

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Looks like your starting from scratch......

So Handisearch wont be in your immediate future...

As for HF Doc.....dont think any was made...

Data Files & Results Plans can be purchase from Bris....https://www.brisnet.com/product/data-files
Its up to you on how far you want to go...
But plenty of files has to be gathered to have any serious plans

Mike

I was thinking I'd buy 200-300 xrd files to see if I can improve my Handifast analysts with a small sample. But I should probably wait until buying at least 1000 xrd files seems appropriate.

Thanks Mike.
UnifiedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-17-2018, 03:49 AM   #1037
UnifiedTheory

User Manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdorn View Post
Hi Unified,

I have attached the user manuals for HF ver 9.5.2 and ver 10

Good Luck,
Mike D.

Thank you very much Mike D.

This additional documentation will allow me to enjoy the software even more.
UnifiedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #1038
acorn54

taking a look at handifast software and not quite sure these questions have been answered.
1-are the speed figures accurate for the 5 furlong distance. to further inquire, what are the exact distance ranges that the handifast software calculates accurately.

2-best speed at distance "DS", the third figure column. what exactly does this measure?

3. i thought that the woods and fibonacci formulas only rated the top four horses. can anyone elaborate, so i know what i am doing with the choice i make as to which calculation is best for me? (i am using fibonacci, and it gives final rating numbers to more than 4 horses.)

thanks again handi for a very entertaining software. and to mike and headhawg for their contributions, they do not go unappreciated by me every time i open up the software.

be well
acorn (guy)
acorn54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #1039
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn54 View Post
taking a look at handifast software and not quite sure these questions have been answered.
1-are the speed figures accurate for the 5 furlong distance. to further inquire, what are the exact distance ranges that the handifast software calculates accurately.

2-best speed at distance "DS", the third figure column. what exactly does this measure?

3. i thought that the woods and fibonacci formulas only rated the top four horses. can anyone elaborate, so i know what i am doing with the choice i make as to which calculation is best for me? (i am using fibonacci, and it gives final rating numbers to more than 4 horses.)

thanks again handi for a very entertaining software. and to mike and headhawg for their contributions, they do not go unappreciated by me every time i open up the software.

be well
acorn (guy)
Acorn...

Welcome back to you and anyone that wants to continue with this project...

As to answers to your questions...

1) What do you mean by "accurate to the 5 furlong distance" ?....
Speed figs are derived from the PP's , nothing is adjusting those #'s

2) This is the definition for DS...DS,MY, & TF (Distance, Mud, & Turf) are based on comparisons of performance or pedigree on that surface/distance

3) For each factor . the top 4 #'s are adjusted .....5th thru bottom horses get ZERO for that factor.

Mike
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #1040
acorn54

Quote:
Acorn...

2) This is the definition for DS...DS,MY, & TF (Distance, Mud, & Turf) are based on comparisons of performance or pedigree on that surface/distance

3) For each factor . the top 4 #'s are adjusted .....5th thru bottom horses get ZERO for that factor.

Mike
hi mike thanks for the quick reply
i was just wanting to know why in the last column (handifast version 10),total pts, i get a total pt number for more than the four top horses. am i understanding it incorrectly. anyway the only important thing i really need to know is which, in your judgement, is the best calculation to use when building an analysis, woods or fibonacci?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:13 PM   #1041
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
hi mike thanks for the quick reply
i was just wanting to know why in the last column (handifast version 10),total pts, i get a total pt number for more than the four top horses. am i understanding it incorrectly. anyway the only important thing i really need to know is which, in your judgement, is the best calculation to use when building an analysis, woods or fibonacci?
Acorn...

I use fib...

can you post the line with the numbers and I'll check...

mike
Old 12-10-2018, 10:23 PM   #1042
mikesal57
Veteran

This is the DS columns for 9 horses...

The top 4 are:

39-37-30-29

Fib goes like this:

1.00 X 11 = 11 ......The horse with the 39 gets 11 pts for DS

.62 x 11 = 6.82 ....The horse with the 37 gets 6.82 pts for DS

.38 x 11 = 4.18.....The horse with 30 gets 4.18 pts for DS

.24 x11 = 2.64.....The horse with 29 get 2.64 pts for DS

All other horses get 0 for DS

Hope this helps

Mike

PS- I suggest using 3-4 factors will do best...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (11.4 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by mikesal57; 12-10-2018 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:12 AM   #1043
acorn54

thanks for the explanation mike
tried to do what you did by putting picture of handifast screen in this thread, but couldn't find a way to do that. i understand what the fibonacci breakout is now, as you explain it, though.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:21 AM   #1044
acorn54

Quote:
Acorn...

Mike
mike i have another question or two. since this is jan 04th of a new year, and alot of trainers have no wins, why is the "trainers" column showing numbers for trainers without any wins, so far this year? what does the number in the "trainer" column represent? ditto for the "jockey" column.
also the new column labeled "avg.speed" what is the number of races, that the average is based on?

i would like to do some serious research with this program, but i need to know what these numbers represent. by the way your explanations to my previous recent questions have given me some peace of mind, into using this program with serious money.
happy new year to you mike and all others of the handifast club, with special regards to handi .
Old 01-04-2019, 09:23 AM   #1045
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
mike i have another question or two. since this is jan 04th of a new year, and alot of trainers have no wins, why is the "trainers" column showing numbers for trainers without any wins, so far this year? what does the number in the "trainer" column represent? ditto for the "jockey" column.
also the new column labeled "avg.speed" what is the number of races, that the average is based on?

i would like to do some serious research with this program, but i need to know what these numbers represent. by the way your explanations to my previous recent questions have given me some peace of mind, into using this program with serious money.
happy new year to you mike and all others of the handifast club, with special regards to handi .

Acorn....

Prime Pwr & Avg Speed was the last 2 factors that Handi inserted into Handifast via working with Dave Schwartz . They are good factors compared to the others...how is the workings behind it...I'm not sure.

As for stats with trainers & jocks......I believe its using last years until they reach 6 races in the new year........

I'm going to do some more work with regression analysis for 2018.
Give me your email and I'll send it to you for your interest.

Mike
Old 02-08-2019, 11:51 PM   #1046
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I have been inactive for quite some time now as I'm losing my sight. Can't hardly see the keyboard. Started eye injections a couple of weeks ago. Will get them monthly and hope for the best.

Hope all is well with everyone else.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2019, 12:18 AM   #1047
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
I have been inactive for quite some time now as I'm losing my sight. Can't hardly see the keyboard. Started eye injections a couple of weeks ago. Will get them monthly and hope for the best.

Handi
I am so sorry my friend ....

Hope the shots work!!!

get back soon

Mike
Old 02-09-2019, 10:56 AM   #1048
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post

Handi
My prayers to you Handi. It is difficult (scary) to get eye injections so hang in there. It will all work out for you.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #1049
headhawg
crusty old guy

Sorry to hear all of this Handi. I hope that the shots work. I know how much you enjoyed coding, and you always helped motivate me to keep programming. Take care, my friend, and continue to let us know how you're doing.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:41 PM   #1050
mmdorn

Handi,

Hope everything works out for you, and you are back doing what you love soon.

Mike
mmdorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: