Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 09-13-2001, 09:25 AM   #31
GR1@HTR

Yeah...I enjoyed Handicapping Magic (book) and was pleasantly surprised. IMHO, the Handicapping Magician SW program is a major disappointment from a quality and capability standpoint. Better off using the Handicapping Magic principles and applying it to either a past performance of your choice or another software program. Worst $150 I've spent in quite a while.

GR1@HTR is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2001, 10:02 AM   #32
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Talking Magic

If you use Formulator, it is pretty easy to use the principles of H-Magic with the pace options-you can easily see each horse's raw 2nd call time and 3rd fraction and mentally make the adjsutments for 2nd call beaten lengths.
Tom
Old 09-13-2001, 11:55 AM   #33

Wink

Andicap: Aye, that is the question. Or perhaps I should inquire if NoDayJob works at night?

hurrikane: Yes, I can see now from your message how the costs would add up. I would prefer to do calculations on my own, as I have been trying to do using books by Scott, Beyer, and Litfin, but in this day and age it seems that you have to put money in, in order to receive it. I've been searching for an edge over the handicapping general public, and I'd thought it was mainly a matter of hard, hard work. Thanks for your sage advice about the finance part.

Kyle: Nice to meet you. So the download cost was one factor in your decision not to use Handicapping Magic? I guess that the download from Cynthia for $50 limited use for month is at a par with other services after all. Thanks for mentioning HSH again . . . Dave gave me the web address a few messages back and I will certainly explore it.

Regards,
Sparky
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2001, 12:12 PM   #34

GR1 and Tom:
So you are suggesting that the principles of Handicapping Magic can be applied to other download sources or software . . . hmm. There are so many possibilities. I will do as Bob suggested . . . treat it as if shopping for a new car . . . find the method and the madness that suit me personally. I'm really glad you guys are out there.

Regards,
sparky
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2001, 08:45 PM   #35
NoDayJob

"Andicap: Aye, that is the question. Or perhaps I should inquire if NoDayJob works at night? "

Sparky,

No, I don't work at night either.
NoDayJob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #36
proffdw

EASY CAPPER

sparky.i just read your post about the easy capper software from cynthia publishing.i can't see anyone spending 500 for any kind of horse racing method.
i stated betting on the horses in 1967 at the old longacres racetrack near renton washington,and by myself,and then with my brother i boughr so many
systems,and methods where the only one who made any money was the person selling the system.and i don't believe it's any different today.during the last 12
years of racing at longacres,and 3 years of racing the horses at yakima meadows racetrack i had more winners,and made more money by using a tote
board method that cost me 10 dollars,now although i don't know why this
happens,but as soon as i tried to use the method at the new track EMERALD
DOWNS it didn't do any good at all.so you could say i've had experience
using different systems,and methods,and i nust say anyone who spends any
amount of money on horse racing systems is crazy. IMHO
proffdw
proffdw is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #37
punteray

SPARKY

Check out "HANDIFAST" on the'software section of the Forum. It is a great program and it is FREE.

PUNTERAY
punteray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #38
kitts

Lost the original thread on this one in a hurry. I still use All-In-One which is a step up from East Capper. I have used just about every known 'capping software and many other programs are as good or better. One has to find the software that "fits" their style of playing. One feels that "fit" soon after using a software but one has to invest some hundreds of dollars for the software and the data.

The rumor of Dick Mitchell leaving Cynthia Publsihing is true in that he passed away a while back.

I did work for Cynthia Publishing until 1995 and am friendly with those folks. I was on the inside in developing the All-In-One and I like it a lot.

Good luck on the search and be prepared to pay for the software and the data and the learning curve can be a bit frustrating

Kitts Anderson
Chairman, Oldguys Oasis
kitts is offline   Reply With Quote Reply