Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-18-2023, 05:26 PM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
My pet peeve is redundant threads

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ight=pet+peeve

check out some of the user names in that thread - good to see some of them again (johnhannibalsmith)

I wasn't here in 2014.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2023, 05:31 PM   #32
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I wasn't here in 2014.
You were missed.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:34 PM   #33
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
People that try to impose their will on others. That goes double for billionaires that made a lot of money in one field thinking that makes them an expert at all things and then using their money and power to impose their will in other areas on everyone else.

Those are referred to as progressive Democrats, they think everyone should think exactly like them, plenty of examples on this board. If you disagree with them you are attacked with grade school level personal insults with no factual arguments.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:52 PM   #34
Inner Dirt

On a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things I came up with another. People that constantly hit their brakes when driving for no apparent reason,
and those that do it hard when they see the man even when they are driving the speed limit. Probably referring to a uniformed law enforcement officer in a marked car as the man is no longer PC but I do not give a crap. Jimi Hendrix referred to cops as the man in his songs, that is good enough for me.

I strangely get shocking long brake life driving winding back roads, and I do not impede anyone. I just looked at my vehicle maintenance log, brakes have 59,000 miles on them and a couple 1,000 miles ago measured over 50% lining left. That was a measurement taken with a precision set of machinist calipers
comparing them to a new set I bought. That is on an SUV that has towed trailers and I pretty much use it as a pick up truck. Multiple times I have hauled over a ton of scrap metal in that thing.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:59 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
May I ask what were the dumb mistakes?
He assumed he was replacing a hot water valve in the basement because "those are the ones that always seize up"...when in fact it was the cold water valve...LMAO

Then when he leaves and I realize only cold water is coming out when it should be hot...that wasn't the hot water valve, genius...and you hooked the pipes back up wrong because of it...

I mean...seriously? This is like plumbing 101...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 09-18-2023 at 06:02 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2023, 06:55 PM   #36
Robert Fischer
clean money

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
12) Chicks that pointedly invoke the hubby within three sentences of casual conversation. Hey, lady, I'm not hitting on you.
that's a good one.

Especially annoying when that happens after the chick/person is the one who initiated the conversation or internet private message WITH YOU, and you've kept it strictly within the boundaries and tone of how the steaks are here at the market, or within the discussion of these breeders' cup races (or whatever they bugged you for).

(seriously have had it happen in a private messages about a breeders race sequence!)

What do you say at that point of awkwardness?

bold and sarcastic - "Oh congratulations!!!
flattering(or perceived harassment? who knows in this world...) - "you're married?! Should've known...",
deservedly mean? (and absolutely will be perceived in a negative light lol) - "Sorry, you're... not... my... type!!!"

worse yet and not as funny [I]"and he's OK w/ this??"[/I]

similar note to the hubby invoke/ BF/spouse mention = People who feel the need to tell you their sexuality within a brief convo. "my partner, my wife.. I'm gay btw, my (whatever), btw i'm (whatever)"
Even a cool guy who happens to be straight as an arrow doesn't need to tell me about all the pussy he gets during what started as an exacta combo discussion.

similar again, and probably even worse IMO = People who feel the need to broadcast their sexuality even in the
tone of their voice
. Maybe this is a biased comment that isn't politically correct? If some feminine female who sounds relatively pleasant, I suppose it would be merely awkward/potentially the cause of explanation to my wife rather than an annoying dislike of a 'peeve'.

Tons and tons of things bother me, and I bother myself.

but want to add a "Neighbor" pet peeve.
It blows my mind some of the neighborly interactions I've had at current residence (and it's not even the city).

At the VERY LEAST simply acknowledge the shared geographical area of living spaces!

Courtesy and Kindness would be a bonus, but at least some minimum mutualRespect of the fact that we live on or near the same set of land.

Introduce yourself (and/or respond to a polite introduction).

some crazy shit in a few years here where I rent half-house that has a separate half-house unit and a separate garage unit, thus usually having three different tenants.

/We came home one day to find that the garage guy (seemingly friendly blue collar redneck private mechanic guy) had put in wooden posts and a locked chain blocking the entrance of our shared driveway. Had never consulted us or the landlord over the existing terms of agreement. Had never discussed the driveway with us whatsoever.
(Somehow his posts were then mysteriously dug out and thrown over the hillside that same day.)

another time, my wife had opened an envelope from our mailbox that turned out to be the people up front (seemingly friendly middle eastern family with multiple cars parked on front lawn). I immediately brought it around to the front of the house and knocked on their front door (middle of the afternoon). After a friendly apology for the mix up, their kid (kid as in early 20s son) answered the door and threatened to call the police on us for 'going through their mail'. *

That's just the fine folk on our tract of land.

I don't even know the names of most of the people/families on my street!

Only semblance of respect/'neighborlyness'(sp? is that a word?) is during the routine of walking our dog, when occasionally a basic friendly hand-wave to other pedestrians or dog owners and/or my wife will baby-talk to other dogs in yards, or dogs walking with their owners as we go.
Old 09-18-2023, 06:58 PM   #37
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
I wasn't here in 2014.
So defensive...simmer down na'
Old 09-18-2023, 06:58 PM   #38
Marshall Bennett

1) Assholes that group with positive thinkers to mask their true nature.

2) Long flights with narrow seats. No wonder people explode over virtually nothing.

3) Lose pets that that frequent your lawn out of habit.

4) Loud tailpipes and music advertising trashy vehicles.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 12:21 AM   #39
MargieRose

People who begin sentences with "Me."

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 12:52 AM   #40
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post

i will make allowances for this if you're 16 1/2 years old, but too many 20 or even 30+ year olds driving around like they're danny zuko at rydell high.... grow up!!

honorable mention:

* extroverts

*insecure contrarians

* walmart steelers fans who couldn't spell pittsburgh if you spotted them the p, find it on a map or name one current offensive lineman!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 01:02 AM   #41
thaskalos

Delivery guys who don't leave the packages under the roof overhang when it's raining.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:59 AM   #42
Johnny V

People who will always find something to bitch about.
Johnny V is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 11:03 AM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
1) Assholes that group with positive thinkers to mask their true nature.

2) Long flights with narrow seats. No wonder people explode over virtually nothing.

3) Lose pets that that frequent your lawn out of habit.

I think that is a regional thing. When I lived in SoCal at every stop light there was a jackass with bass speakers in the trunk rattling everything in sight.
In Central Virginia that is a rarity, I can go months without running across one.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:13 PM   #44
BELMONT 6-6-09

People who are always behind the 8 ball in virtually all facets of their life giving advice to responsible people.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2023, 01:03 PM   #45
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post

I have to ask:

What do you have against San Diego? (Is there a story there?)

-jp
Yes, sir. Indeed there is. When I get time, some posters might find it of interest.

SPOILER ALERT: The story involves one vaguely supernatural aspect.

Last edited by mountainman; 09-19-2023 at 01:08 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply