Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 01-20-2021, 05:04 PM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Friday, January 22

Race One:

The Meadowlands .20-cent Pick-5. I'm going to piecemeal my picks over the next couple days.

In this "Big M" lid-lifting claiming pace, I’ve opted for 5 BILLION DOLLAR DAY. This 7 YO Dexter Nukes-bred has “The Kiwi,” “DD,” Dexter Dunn, in the bike. This Bettor’s Delight-bred has won two-straight. In his last, this David Wiskow-trainee tied his lifetime mark: 1:54.1. This Hornby Lucky-bred should, once again, be out-and-going when the starter’s car’s wings retract. He’ll be playing “catch-me-if-you-can” as Dunn rations out his speed. If “DD,” wins, maybe we can celebrate with a “hokey pokey,” eh -- that’s plain vanilla ice cream with solid lumps of honeycombed toffee.

1 TWO FIFYTYEIGHT N draws the rail. That alone makes one “sit up and take notice.” A recent claim, this Auckland Reactor N-bred now resides in a “Yogi” Sheridan barn. This Courage Under Fire-bred had little chance in his last from his imposing 9-hole start; the 6 YO did manage to finish 4th. The Illinois-native, Marcus Miller, is in the sulky. Do I hear the phrase, “stalk and pounce?”

7 CENTURY FERRARI is, in my opinion, “the sleeper.” If he stays flat, he could be a “contendah,” and at a decent price. The only “fly in the ointment” is the fact that he’s done “The Arthur Murray two-step,” i.e., “dancing,” in two of his last three races. Will he or won’t he, stay on gait? If I only knew. G. Nap’s back in the bike for owner-trainer Fred Herrera.

2 GENESSEE SEELSTER is another possible. This Bettor’s Delight-bred has the two-hole. He also has the chauffeuring services of Le Frelon Vert, “The Green Hornet,” Monsieur Yannick Gingras, Sorel-Tracy, Quebec, Canada. This Astreos-bred is capable of “popping” at a price. This 5 YO appears to like the “Big M” mile-oval. Izzy Estrada trains.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2021, 07:40 PM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

In this NW of 2 (F & M 3) trot, I’ve softly landed on 7 MANHATTANUP NO ICE. Last week, this Andover Hall-bred finished 2nd to the runaway-winner, R Herbie Blue Chip (he’s in this race). “The Blue Chip” has drawn outside (more on that later). That, in my opinion, enhances this Mark Ford-trainee’s chances. “The Spudster,” Prince Edward Island’s Mark MacDonald, should have this SJ’s Photo-bred heading for the lead. Can he get the drop on the aforementioned R Herbie Bluechip? That my friends is the question.

10 R HERBIE BLUE CHIP has benefited in recent weeks from an array of inside starting posts. This Here Comes Herbie-bred must now work out a trip from his outside post. This appears to be “uncharted waters.” I personally don’t believe this 4 YO has the gate-speed to wrest the lead from the top pick. Will he come “off the tailgate?” Billy Dobson (the last we heard he was vacationing in Hawaii) returns to once again take over the reins for this Conway Hall-bred horse. Monica Krist trains.

2 HIPSTER K, the late-blooming Muscle Hill-bred, finally stayed flat after three qualifier-race “breaks.” Was that an aberration, or has “Team Orange Crush” worked out the kinks? If he stays on the trot, I believe he’s “dangerous.” This 4 YO’s most recent qualifier showed promise. Andy Miller drives; Julie Miller trains.

5 THE GREAT PG picks up the services of Dexter Dunn. This Cantab Hall-bred finished 4th in the R Herbie Bluechip race. That was an improvement over recent efforts, but, quite frankly, more is needed if this Conway Hall-bred is to contend. Yet I believe the possibility does exist. Tim Lancaster trains this Alix Hall-bred.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-20-2021, 08:23 PM   #3
Teach

Race Three:

I don’t always agree with the “Big M’s” oddsmaker/handicapper, Dave Brower, but when I do, it’s for a good reason. That reason occurs in this evening’s third race. Brower has chosen 1 ROCKIN PANDA. I concur. I believe this 8 YO Rockin Image-bred has landed in an ideal spot to garner his first win in many moons. In his two most recent Meadowlands races, this Dragon Again-bred drew two consecutive outside posts. This Sardi Hanover-bred also had tough draws at Scarborough Downs (sadly, it appears that this will be the last time we’ll see those Scarborough (ME) lines). When this Jamie Gerard-trainee did draw inside in “The Pine Tree State,” he finished 2nd. There isn’t much in this race. I believe this Indiana-bred has a solid chance. Andrew McCarthy is in the sulky.

5 SHARKNADO is a consistent sort who has hit the board in his last two starts. I personally view this 8 YO as “a threat.” I most definitely consider him “a player.” Yet he did miss a week (I always find that a bit unsettling). George Napolitano is in the bike for trainer Williams Hernandez.

6 THUNDER DOME is another horse that bears watching. I believe he, or the two previously-cited horses, are the major contenders. I might mention that this Well Said-bred also missed a week. Yet, two weeks ago, this Artsplace-bred finished 2nd a neck in the creditable time of 1:53.3. I believe this 5-year old is “a contendah.” Todd McCarthy is in the sulky for trainer Eddie Sager.

7 GRANDPA DON went off “the chalk” in his last race, two week ago. This Rocknroll Hanover-bred ended up finishing 5th. This Artsplace-bred is capable of “waking up.” This 10 YO did record the winning time of 1:53.2 at “The Big M” last year. Monsieur Quebecois, Simon Allard, is the reinsman for trainer Owen Eiler Jr.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-21-2021, 07:42 AM   #4
Teach

Race Four:

5 GOTWHATEVERITTAKES got nailed at the wire in his last. This Bluto-bred now draws mid-pack; this should aid and abet his chances of gracing “The Big M’s” winner’s circle. If this 5 YO stays flat, he can win. One caveat: He’ll likely “go chalk.” It all boils down to risk vs. reward. If you’re playing a Pick-5 or Survivor Pick-7, I’d counsel “buying insurance.” Simon Allard is in the bike for owner/trainer Ricky Bucci.

1 NAMJE turned in a solid effort in his last; he draws the pole. The question remains: Was this 6 YO’s last race the proverbial “flash in the pan,” or was it a harbinger of better things to come? If you believe it’s the latter, this is “your horse.” Billy Dobson is this Lucky Chucky-bred’s reinsman. Monica Krist owns and trains this RC Royalty-bred trotter.

3 INNISFALLEN is, in my opinion, “the sleeper.” The potential exists; there’s no doubt. This 5 YO’s 1:53.2 Pocono Downs effort last year gives evidence of that potential. This Explosive Matter-bred again draws well. He should be in a good striking spot as the trotters move down the backstretch. Scott Zeron’s in the bike for trainer and part-owner Paul Fusco.

4 STENHOUSE HANOVER dropped to this bottom level last time; he showed little. He did finish 4th on a sloppy track. He now draws inside. His pilot is Yannick Gingras. There is the chance that this 7 YO Donato Hanover-bred could surprise. Jeff Cullipher part-owns and trains.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-21-2021, 08:51 AM   #5
Teach

Race Five:

After much scrutinizing and perusing, after much hemming and hawing, as Harry Bellefonte would sing, I’ve landed on 6 DEO (Me say day-o). There’s no denyin’ that this trot is a conundrum; it’s just that this 8 YO has a degree of back-class that many others in this field don’t have. No lead-pipe cinch, mind you; yet this Kate Gangell-trainee most definitely fits. Everyone’s a free agent; yet I’d encourage buying some Allstate, i.e., “insurance.” The “Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, handles the reins.

10 ESA lurks in the recesses of my mind like “The Phantom of The Opera.” If the pace is fast enough up front, this 5 YO Ontario-bred immediately becomes “a player.” If matters play out in his favor and this Andover Hall-bred can pick up some live cover, the question then remains: Can he “swoop” in time to corral this field? Mark Mac is again in the bike for trainer and part-owner Jackie Greene.

7 LEVITATION is another trotter who fits well in this field. Quite frankly, it’s just that this Kadabra-bred, among others, haven’t been all that consistent. Last time out this Chocolatier-bred finished 7th; yet prior to that this 6 YO finished 3rd and then 2nd. In his favor, this Southwind Amiga-bred has the chauffeuring services of Monsieur Yannick Gingras. Franz Wolf is the owner/trainer.

1 SMOOTH ACELERATION could be “the sleeper.” This 5 YO Swan for All-bred does draw “the rail.” This Cantab Hall-bred did turn in a solid effort in his last. If this Jenny Melander-trainee were continue along that improving path, he could surprise. Dexter Dunn reprises the drive.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #6
Teach

Race Six:

7 GOLD ORCHID N
1 TURNTHEFROWNAROUND
9 JUXTA COWGIRL
2 QUITE A SIGHT

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-21-2021, 04:54 PM   #7
Teach

Race Seven:

3 SKYWAY CON MAN
1 I GOT THE LOOKS
5 MARLEY’S GUY
2 HALLIAMA

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-21-2021, 05:07 PM   #8
Teach

Race Eight:

7 TEAM KIWI N
2 SHELLIE DE VIE
3 STICK THAT LIP OUT
1 IDEATION HANOVER

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 01-22-2021, 05:39 PM   #9
Teach

Race Nine: 5, 2, 1, 3

Race Ten: 1, 6, 7, 8

Race Eleven: 1, 2, 4, 6

Race Twelve: 6, 5, 1, 7

Race Thirteen: 1, 2, 8, 4, 7.

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: