Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-18-2022, 04:40 PM   #31
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
https://www.thoroughbreddailynews.co...d-in-saratoga/

Excerpt:

According to a handwritten statement from the alleged victim, who was not named, an encounter with Brown turned violent after she entered his house and found him in bed with another female. The statement reads: “On August 17, 2022 at around 11 pm, I went to the house of Chad Brown, my on again off again significant other. I have a key to the house, so I let myself in. I went to his room and saw another female in bed with him. I confronted him on that and he got up and pushed me down some stairs. I fought him down the hallway and he pinned me to the floor and started choking me. He applied pressure to my neck while it was against the floor. I was able to push him off of me and get up. Chad then pushed me out the door and I left and came to the police station.”
Uncoupled entries?
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 04:41 PM   #32
tholl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk Urging View Post
Cant put your hands on a woman.End of story
Years ago I had a drug-addicted girl friend who I had a verbal disagreement with before going to the racetrack. When I arrived home the house was in darkness and when I came in she attacked me with a baseball bat. In self-defense I grabbed her and put her on the ground and restrained her while I called the police. The police arrived 20 minutes later and arrested ME. I was charged with domestic abuse, but after several court appearances was exonerated and the judge actually apologized for the police arresting me. You think I should have let her smack me around my head or should I have "put my hands on her"?
tholl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #33
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tholl View Post
Years ago I had a drug-addicted girl friend who I had a verbal disagreement with before going to the racetrack. When I arrived home the house was in darkness and when I came in she attacked me with a baseball bat. In self-defense I grabbed her and put her on the ground and restrained her while I called the police. The police arrived 20 minutes later and arrested ME. I was charged with domestic abuse, but after several court appearances was exonerated and the judge actually apologized for the police arresting me. You think I should have let her smack me around my head or should I have "put my hands on her"?
Take the bat off her hands..

Cant put yr hands on a female
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 04:54 PM   #34
tholl

Quote:
Take the bat off her hands..

Cant put yr hands on a female
Well, if I just took the bat off her hands I'm sure she would have found something else to come after me with. Believe me, I totally find attacks against women very untasteful. But sometimes a bit of self-defense is warranted.

I have no idea what occurred with Chad Brown, but I hate that people (I've read on other message boards) are ready to condemn him without knowing the facts. Just reminds me of the local police that arrested me presuming that I, being the male in the incident, was in the wrong.

Last edited by tholl; 08-18-2022 at 05:07 PM.
tholl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 05:38 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Trainer Chad Brown charged with "A" misdemeanor "obstruction of breathing" in Saratoga Springs court, order of protection on behalf of alleged victim Carol Fisher. Judge allows "Only incidental contact," since Brown and Fisher both work at Saratoga Race Course

Now there is an idea.....find a good gate jockey, put him on all you horses and get him an order of protection from Irad.
Old 08-18-2022, 05:46 PM   #36
PalaceOfFortLarned

Pretty crazy stuff, especially during the premier meet of the year involving it's annual premier trainer.

Some owners already taking sides. Not sure why. Why not just let the facts come out, and make rightful decisions when all the facts are known?

PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 07:31 PM   #37
tbwinner

Yeah, everyone's either saying "NO way Chad could do" or "throw the book at him"...seemingly more the former.

My comment is even those at the top have a carnie background---it's racing after all!

I did LOL at some people rumoring it was Serling he was choking out
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 08:50 PM   #38
affirmedny

affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 09:28 PM   #39
camourous

Such a shame to see such a honest trainer and decent human being go through this 😂😂😂😂
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 09:36 PM   #40
Suff
Beat up 💪

Mileage for picture I like.

Suff, Chad Brown , Sol Kumin

Old 08-18-2022, 10:44 PM   #41
westernmassbob

I’m assuming Chad has cameras that cover the outside of his property. That should provide some serious evidence for either side.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 10:54 PM   #42
BarchCapper

Based on the victim's statement, there should also be another eyewitness (or at least earwitness) to the event.

What we can all hope for is that there is a just outcome once everything has had a chance to play out.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 11:02 PM   #43
GMB@BP

So you can throw someone down the stairs, choke them...and its a misdemeanor?

What does it take for a felony?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-18-2022, 11:51 PM   #44
myohmyjustify

In light of Chad Brown's extreme violence against this victim I suggest NYRA suspend Brown immediately until further investigation.

The horse racing industry has enough bad apples already and no one should be above the law, not even Chad Brown. And having a tax cheat and ex-felon come out and give a ringing endorsement of Brown's character doesn't look very well either. But that's NYRA, that's the DRF and that's the modern sports world we now live in who expects us to embrace if not completely accept the garbage fed us.

I know Brown's a darling to the NYRA and Fox Sports media --don't you just love it when he brings his young girls to be interviewed by Maggie or Acacia after a victory??

Yes, I know, it's expecting too much from NYRA to suspend this guy but it is the right thing to do. So, do it, NYRA.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2022, 12:31 AM   #45
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
So you can throw someone down the stairs, choke them...and its a misdemeanor?

What does it take for a felony?
Serious physical harm in most states. Permanent injury/broken bones/surgery required etc

Case law in different states rule.

NY penal code

https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/penal-l...ct-120-10.html

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: