Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-24-2022, 10:23 PM   #16
horsefan2019

TVG2 is underutilized and often times mirrors the programming on TVG. If you have good people there they could probably maximize the programming for both channels. But seeing how TV stations handle rebrands I would expect them to botch it somehow.
horsefan2019 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 01:00 PM   #17
affirmedny

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fandu...150036355.html

FanDuel becomes first sports gambling company to launch own broadcast network

Last edited by affirmedny; 08-25-2022 at 01:01 PM. Reason: add title
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 01:14 PM   #18
affirmedny

affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 02:41 PM   #19
DanBoals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
RTN, RTN, RTN!!!!!! And no worries about breaking away for commercial mid-race!

RTN is the best $15 I spend in a normal month.

"Let is Ride" is one of my favorite movies. My dad and I used to watch it every couple of years, now I watch it with my daughter. Jennifer Tilly and Terri Garr are both great as supporting actors to Richard Dreyfuss, and whoever wrote that book has definitely been to the race track a few times. Thanks for that quote in your sig line, that makes my day.

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #20
The Arbiter

On paper, I like that this will expose the game to more people out there.

But it's always gonna be in the back of my mind, when does the horse coverage start to get aced out. I feel like that's always how these deals turn out
The Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 04:22 PM   #21
CheckMark

TVG already sponsors a Breeders Cup race and FanDuel does one too so does that mean FanDuel will sponsor 2 races then since they are together?
Old 08-25-2022, 06:27 PM   #22
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBoals View Post
RTN is the best $15 I spend in a normal month.

"Let is Ride" is one of my favorite movies. My dad and I used to watch it every couple of years, now I watch it with my daughter. Jennifer Tilly and Terri Garr are both great as supporting actors to Richard Dreyfuss, and whoever wrote that book has definitely been to the race track a few times. Thanks for that quote in your sig line, that makes my day.

Dan
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 06:49 PM   #23
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I'm not really understanding this, what does RTN give you that an ADW can't?
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 07:26 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

How is it going to reach more people if it lives on TVG2?
TVG1 is the only one offered to many people?

And unless they get rid of half the talking heads that take up actal race air time, we will get races being shown.

Am I wrong in this assumption?
Old 08-26-2022, 10:13 AM   #25
The Arbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
How is it going to reach more people if it lives on TVG2?
TVG1 is the only one offered to many people?

TVG1 is still going to be mostly horse racing (for now). The mornings and overnights will be more sports betting fare
The Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 12:34 PM   #26
BarchCapper

I hope that sometime in the near future, the people at RacingTV in the UK and at Equidia in France and the people at RTN here can get together so that we can have a reliable outlet for UK/Irish/Euro racing. It looks like it won't be making it on to the rebranded TVG at all based on when the sports related content will be shown. Currently the only UK/Irish/Euro racing available on RTN are the UK races from the 20 or so tracks owned by the Arena Racing Company and shown on the South African based TellyTrack channel.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 01:58 PM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
TVG1 is still going to be mostly horse racing (for now). The mornings and overnights will be more sports betting fare
But that kills a lot of night races.
And tracks.
Old 08-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #28
ScottJ

TVG as a horse racing platform is a tax on the entire industry.

The money bet through their platform does not fully benefit the purses or offset costs at major racetracks that are the backbone of the sport. Second tier racetracks however depend on the reach of TVG in order to supplement their pools and make them viable. When you hear the expression "keep the money in the game", the phrase specifically strikes out at both TVG and DRF.

As for TVG's new sports-oriented focus and/or programming, this represents the only vector in which they can increase their business, margins, and bottom-line.

Expect that TVG will decrease their weekend focus on horse racing, relegating that programming to perhaps TVG2 which has absolutely zero broadcast (cable network) presence. Second tier racetracks will be featured on a Monday to Wednesday basis and will be squeezed for air time as the sports-focus continues.

There will be on-air talent impacts as Betfair will need to expand into sports-knowledgable and recognized talent. Aside from Dave Weaver who has a foot still in both camps, none of the other horse racing broadcast talent figure to make the transition. When I see the promotional video, I see a number of folks who are celebrating the loss of their own broadcast livelihoods.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2022, 10:21 AM   #29
shout1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
TVG as a horse racing platform is a tax on the entire industry.

The money bet through their platform does not fully benefit the purses or offset costs at major racetracks that are the backbone of the sport. Second tier racetracks however depend on the reach of TVG in order to supplement their pools and make them viable. When you hear the expression "keep the money in the game", the phrase specifically strikes out at both TVG and DRF.

As for TVG's new sports-oriented focus and/or programming, this represents the only vector in which they can increase their business, margins, and bottom-line.

Expect that TVG will decrease their weekend focus on horse racing, relegating that programming to perhaps TVG2 which has absolutely zero broadcast (cable network) presence. Second tier racetracks will be featured on a Monday to Wednesday basis and will be squeezed for air time as the sports-focus continues.

There will be on-air talent impacts as Betfair will need to expand into sports-knowledgable and recognized talent. Aside from Dave Weaver who has a foot still in both camps, none of the other horse racing broadcast talent figure to make the transition. When I see the promotional video, I see a number of folks who are celebrating the loss of their own broadcast livelihoods.

That will be a shame on monday's and tuesday's afternoon. Really like the show by Rich Perloff. Only time i watch the network at all. Probably will be zero if he gets pushed out
shout1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2022, 06:42 PM   #30
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by shout1966 View Post
That will be a shame on monday's and tuesday's afternoon. Really like the show by Rich Perloff. Only time i watch the network at all. Probably will be zero if he gets pushed out
Sounds like his show is safe for now. They kept emphasing the big block of programming dedicated to horse racing during the day. So it sounds like its the European and Australian racing that will probably be offloaded to TVG2
horsefan2019 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply